Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who do you meet in heaven?

Options
  • 25-02-2021 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Maybe some religious guys could help me with these ones..

1. Suppose my wife dies and...goes to heaven.. I remarry years later and then me and my new wife die. Do i meet my old wife in heaven who’s been waiting for me for 30 years and I show up with my new bird?

2. Which version of me exists in heaven? Me in my prime or the decrepit 102 year old that died?

3. Who’s in heaven? Every person that ever died? Neanderthals? Cro-Magnon man? How far back are we talkin here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You won’t have a brain to interpret the electro-chemical stimuli to give you feelings either way so you probably won’t mind who you see or how you appear.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Hitler or one of them mad fellas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

3. Who’s in heaven? Every person that ever died?

Just the Catholic ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Not religious, but you won't meet anyone in heaven. No one ever goes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

We meet ourselves in heaven because God, guru and self are One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

3. Who’s in heaven? Every person that ever died? Neanderthals? Cro-Magnon man? How far back are we talkin here?

Bob Marley and Stalin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭bigroad

You will meet random people as there is a very long queue at the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Decades ago, I read a book called "Stranger in a Strange Land". The central character eventually dies and goes to heaven. Where he meets all the bad guys he had known. Apparently, there was neither reward nor punishment in the afterlife. So all his years of self control were for nothing :pac::pac::pac:.

But of course, we know otherwise. Well I do, and I'm being a real goody two shoes, till I get over there. Yee-haw, can't wait !!!

When I get there, I'll look down and see can I see Mr O'Connell, and if I see him I'll pi$$ on him for running over my rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Cameron Diaz hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You get reincarnated as a narwhal the next step on the Karmic ladder before apprentice unicorn (bumpy horse) followed by junior unicorn grade B

• Advertisement

Cameron Diaz hopefully.

Young Cameron Diaz or 2021 Cameron Diaz?

Maybe some religious guys could help me with these ones..

1. Suppose my wife dies and...goes to heaven.. I remarry years later and then me and my new wife die. Do i meet my old wife in heaven who’s been waiting for me for 30 years and I show up with my new bird?

You'd be looking at a ménage a trois situation..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

2. Which version of me exists in heaven? Me in my prime or the decrepit 102 year old that died?

Apparently the version of you that goes up is the version you were at the same age that Jesus died. 33? 36? I'm not religious so I don't know what age he was when he died but anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Cameron Diaz hopefully.
    Akrasia wrote: »

2041 Cameron Diaz.

Actually, I prefer this version of Heaven. so...

Bananarama

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

We as mere mortals cannot understand such things. They are labels created by certain forms of religions yet have no basis in reality as nobody really knows. They are images which are not fundamentally real or coherent.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Heaven
    Heaven is a place
    A place where nothing
    Nothing ever happens

COVID wrote: »
    Heaven
    Heaven is a place
    A place where nothing
    Nothing ever happens

Oh heaven is a place on earth. You know in heaven love comes first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Akrasia wrote: »
    Either one will do. Any port in a storm at the moment.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Oh heaven is a place on earth. You know in heaven love comes first

Heaven's in the back seat of my Cadillac!

COVID wrote: »
    Heaven's in the back seat of my Cadillac!

That song was in the Black Mirror episode with the two gals. Loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

So..Jesus was the original Del Boy, sell anything to anyone. He convinced everyone that heaven was Trific so for centuries we're all cushtie about living by the 'rules' cause if we die we'll go to heaven but what if it aint cushtie...just like those Russian VCRs

Meanwhile down stairs in hell its 24/7 party

Gospel according to Dave, chapter 4, paragraph 16

He who dares Rodders, He who dares

Wilberto wrote: »
    Apparently the version of you that goes up is the version you were at the same age that Jesus died. 33? 36? I'm not religious so I don't know what age he was when he died but anyway. :)

So everyone who died at age 0-32 wakes up from death all aged? Or is it no under 33s need apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Fine_010418-615x410.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

If you think of everybody who's ever lived it must be a bit busy up there, meeting people from the Battle of Waterloo and Clontarf would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You'd be looking at a ménage a trois situation..

Sex is sinful and only happens in Hell. Heaven is just like mass but longer and in Latin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If you read the Bible, there is no one in Heaven yet.
    After the Second Coming of Jesus, all will be judged, and sorted accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Heaven is the good in people here on earth.

Here is where the life is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Read The Egg by Andy Weir.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I always liked Gandalfs take on it

End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,135 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dd973 wrote: »
    If you think of everybody who's ever lived it must be a bit busy up there, meeting people from the Battle of Waterloo and Clontarf would be cool.

what is so special about people from clontarf?

Advertisement