Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android Tablet buying advice

• 02-09-2019 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm planning onto buying a tablet and budget is around 200€.

My main target is Huawei M5 Lite.

What I'm looking for:
    - 10 inch screen (9'5 is also fine)
    - SD card slot
    - 32 Gb storage space as base (all the yadda yadda, 32 Gb should be plenty for OS updates and crap without needing to root or do stuff to move aps to SD card)
    - I'd prefer it has 3Gb of RAM as base
    - Nice screen and audio (yeah, being too fancy about this, but helps have a good experience)
    - important: should arrive within 1 or 2 weeks from now on.

I'm just about to pull the trigger for the M5 Lite 10' but want to consider other options that you guys may suggest.

I'd appreciate any suggestions/ideas/thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Samsung Tab A series? Tab S series if you can get an older one maybe secondhand.

I'd look for more than 3gb ram considering a lot of budget phones come with at least that.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

Samsung Tab A series? Tab S series if you can get an older one maybe secondhand.

I'd look for more than 3gb ram considering a lot of budget phones come with at least that.
    Many thanks for your response, Squeeonline.
    Samsung Tab A series have 2GB of ram. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10-1-Inch-Wi-Fi/dp/B07Q117JTH/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_t_0). Also I've seen those on Curry's, then tried... shape was kinda odd. Also speakers are on the bottom when placed vertical, so it's kinda..... weird.

Well, took the plunge for the Mediapad M5 Lite. I'll report back if anyone is curious about it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

chonix wrote: »
    Well, took the plunge for the Mediapad M5 Lite. I'll report back if anyone is curious about it :).

I’m curious about it. I’m also looking for a decent budget tablet. Netflix (in HD as I know some tablets don’t have native HD Netflix) and general web surfing.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Would love a review, could be a good xmas present :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the interest. I've just received it yesterday and all I can say, coming from an old HP Touchpad 10', is that I'm in awe.
    For the price paid, it's a very cool tablet. I'll write a review soon.

RE: Nextflix in HD:
    As per https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939
    the MediaPad Lite M5 10 is supported
    (Huawei MediaPad M5 10 Lite (BAH2-L09, BAH2-W19, DL-AL09, DL-W09, HDL-AL09, HDL-W09))
    I have to check with my model, though and play a few flix and tell you how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

Can I ask how much you paid and where you got it from?

Niall20 wrote: »
    Can I ask how much you paid and where you got it from?
    Best competitive price was on Amzn Germany. Paid around 220 € with shipping included.
    https://www.amazon.de/Huawei-MediaPad-Tablet-PC-interner-Speicher/dp/B07G6PNH6W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

If you're willing to pay extra 20 bucks for the LTE version. I'd give it a go if you plan to use it with a Sim Card.

EDIT: turns out shipping wasn't included. I had a voucher :(

Thanks for the tip, is this the same device that is currently £199 on the UK Amazon site? (though that site doesnt seem to have the LTE option)

Thanks for the tip, is this the same device that is currently £199 on the UK Amazon site? (though that site doesnt seem to have the LTE option)
    Seems to be the same. Spec wise. But yep, no LTE model.
    link is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-MediaPad-Lite-10-Inch-Tablet/dp/B07GNRZHG7

I'd spend the 20 extra to get the LTE, which might be a dealbreaker for some people.

• Advertisement

Cheers, think im going to go for it too

chronix how did you get the free shipping? adds a shipping fee around 10 euros for me to Ireland

chronix how did you get the free shipping? adds a shipping fee around 10 euros for me to Ireland
    Sorry, I had a voucher that covered the costs of the shipping :(

Gotcha, decided to go for it anyway!

Advertisement