Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo Online (F2P, PC Only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well that's annoying, as I'd love to play that, PC Gamers are still stuck with Halo 2 which is getting a little bit long in the tooth at this stage.

I would imagine that they know that releasing a Halo MP title on PC would impact on their console sales in certain regions - personally, if Halo were available on PC, I wouldn't even own an Xbox One right now.

Similar to how in China they have a F2P Call of Duty online, which is based around Modern Warfare 2 and 3 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Avalanche looks weird without the snow

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well that's annoying, as I'd love to play that, PC Gamers are still stuck with Halo 2 which is getting a little bit long in the tooth at this stage.

I would imagine that they know that releasing a Halo MP title on PC would impact on their console sales in certain regions - personally, if Halo were available on PC, I wouldn't even own an Xbox One right now.

Similar to how in China they have a F2P Call of Duty online, which is based around Modern Warfare 2 and 3 I think.

Going by reddit there will be a lot of demand for them to make it available everywhere, folks have been crying out for more halo on PC.

There is cross paltform multiplayer with PC coming to the One, but I don't think they'd do that with this as they wouldn't want to be taking people away from MCC or Halo 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This seems to now be offline in Russia, so whether it's a failed experiment or what I don't know.

El Dorado still works though, played a good few games last night, most people just playing Zombies/TDM/Wacky game types though, no big team battles really going on which is a shame.

Screens from last night:

v6nNWiw.jpg

FT2I03N.jpg

3UQmhjT.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks great, they'd make a killing if they released it properly world wide. Really weird move doing what they did.

• Advertisement

Dardania wrote: »

That's a different thing entirely, that's Halo 5 Forge which is the sandbox from Halo 5 which allows you to build maps and design gametypes. I don't think there's any plans for matchmaking but you can set up custom games on it and there's talk of a custom game browser coming.

Advertisement