Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Control, Sex and Intimacy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

How are there so many people in crazy relationships?

Forget about romance for a minute, what about liking and respecting the person they are with, maybe thinking they are a bit of a legend and most of all haveing a bit of a laugh with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

s1ippy wrote: »
    Actually in the instance mentioned the husband is withholding sex. Wife has a high sex drive and from the sounds of it he's just preoccupied and uninterested right now, although she mentioned these dry spells have gone on for ages in the past too.

I thought they were a fantastic couple but it shocked me to hear that he tends to do this to her. She's savage as well, I suppose you don't know what you've got. I just can't imagine getting tired of riding her.

Well, which is it? Is he withholding or is he preoccupied and uninterested? Withholding and not wanting it are not the same thing. What's he preoccupied with, does she know?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Horn_of_Africa

It's interesting that the sex education curriculum doesn't educate children on the risks of marriage and children. There is a significant risk that marriage and children will ruin your sex life and lead to mental health issues, or potentially even suicide. Yet the risk of sexless marriages is never mentioned, as far as I'm aware.

Post edited by Horn_of_Africa on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Sexless Marriage, not even once.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Yea we should all just sit around being miserable, it's the intelligent thing to do. Use said misery to assert your superiority over those taken in by pleasures of the flesh

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Haha, don’t worry about me H. Happily married, with an active and healthy sex life, here. Few kids, and all.

Not everyone’s cup of tea, I know. A few angry lads, out there, prefer to play on computers and “give out” about women all day but there’s not a lot we can do about that.

They’re in a sort of “Catch-22” where they desperately want a girlfriend but their abhorrent personalities keep all women away from them.

Sad, really.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I knew a lady who took the "Horn of Africa" up wrong once

She couldn't walk for a week afterwards.

Perhaps it was the OP's missus and that was why she was withholding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Withholding.. Uninterested.. preoccupied.. Who even wants sex with anyone in these categories..? If the partner doesn't want to do it how on earth can you want it? Sounds like going on a date with a foe from work. Nightmare..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Own fault if you accept such form of punishment and play along with the power play..

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

Up the bottom every second Sunday morning and if it’s a bank holiday the Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

In pretty much every sexless marriage I've heard or read about (including countless ones in PI/RI over the years), the issue was there pretty much from the get-go.

The lesson here is not to marry someone you're sexually incompatible with. It never ceases to amaze me how many people do this, for some reason thinking a ring will magically make everything better.

Yep, this is why it should be part of the sex education curriculum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That's not sex education, it's common sense, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It never ceases to amaze me how many people do this, for some reason thinking a ring will magically make everything better.

The other poster appears to disagree.

Although they didn't give any indication of whether the other party has the manners to lube them up first.

It's obviously not common.

You could say similar about using condoms to avoid STDs, do you think that shouldn't be taught because it's common sense?

In my opinion some men get married out of desperation, they can't get sex otherwise. I think tye education system the teach people about the risks of getting married if you're only sex.

Firstly, it's unfair on your partner to deceive them that you are marrying them out of love, when in reality it's desperation and sexual frustration.

Secondly, it's stupid because if sex is your priority, why rule out sex with 3 billion women and rely on one woman for the rest of your life.

Sex education should teach students that getting married is not the wisest choice if sex is your priority

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Surely everybody knows that

Or at least that things are bound to dry up eventually. Would t be generally assumed that Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter are still at it like rabbits after 76 years of matrimony?

Surely everyone knows STD transmission is more likely with unprotected sex. Do you object to sex education teaching students about this?

Clearly not everyone knows marriage brings with it the risk of a ruined sex life. This is why it should be taught. If we want to improve people's mental health we need to educate people at a young age about decisions which may result in poor mental health.

Post edited by Horn_of_Africa on

Soaps are brain washing the youth of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Am I missing the point here? What does this have to do with marriage vs non marriage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

OP, a fine gentleman by the name of Patrice O'neal has the answers to all of your relationship questions.

If I recall correctly his advice on this topic was to be very passive indeed, and ignore the issue almost completely.

I would take that advice. Just start going out at random times to random places and don't address the issue with the terrorist in question. We do not negotiate with terrorists.

The only winning move is to not play.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I am incel so I wouldn't know. I am not sure I care about being deprived of sex my entire life but I think the lack of intimacy increased my mental illnesses. It is well known that animals need to be caressed and touched even with hugging.

Society doesn't even let incels discuss the issues, they keep shutting down our forums. They virtue signal about mental health yet shut down spaces for isolated males to chat.

I was actually banned from Reddit Ireland for making an incel post, we aren't allowed to discuss an ever growing issue in modern society.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Around twice per month does me

Spice it up in the elevator, do the 50 shades on it but get the right hole.

Why do you think you're involuntarily celibate?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Advertisement