Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New payroll package

• 07-09-2020 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Small business I work for is considering running the payroll themselves rather using current external book-keeping/payroll company. It’s for only 3 employees so is very small , is it ok to start using a new payroll software package in the middle of the year or should they wait and start in Jan 2021? Any thoughts /comments would be helpful plus recommendations for a simple payroll package. Thank-you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭capefear

sinkadinka wrote: »
    Small business I work for is considering running the payroll themselves rather using current external book-keeping/payroll company. It’s for only 3 employees so is very small , is it ok to start using a new payroll software package in the middle of the year or should they wait and start in Jan 2021? Any thoughts /comments would be helpful plus recommendations for a simple payroll package. Thank-you.

Unless their fees are expensive I’d leave it with the payroll company. As payroll can be a nightmare if not done right look at the messing with the TWSS/ewss.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

I use Thesaurus and Sage for small companies I manage. If you have an employee with administrative skills and the ability and initiative to look up Revenue guidance every now and then they should be well able to manage. The packages tend to be pretty intuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I use a package called cloud pay, really really good, with timely updates on everything.
    It is cloud based, can have multiple companies, and fully compliant with revenue re uploading into ROS

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Collsoft payroll.

Can't recommend them highly enough, particularity with the amount of support they have made available for TWSS / EWSS issues and updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

CiboC wrote: »
    Collsoft payroll.

Can't recommend them highly enough, particularity with the amount of support they have made available for TWSS / EWSS issues and updates.

Agreed, great product and service, being using them many years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

another recommendation for collsoft. Solid product, phone support fast and efficient. I'd say I'm using them almost 10 years too

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Another recommendation for Cloudpay.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

Hi Sinkadinka,

If you're still looking...we're an online payroll software system based in Ireland, Parolla.
    Our whole concept is that most people can run their own payroll 90% of the time, with support from ourselves when you come up against something unusual.
    You can invite your accountant or book keeper into the system as well if they need a bit of oversight.
    There's a free trial, message me if I can be of any assistance. I can put you in touch with some of our customers.

Regards,
    Mark
    Parolla

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sinkadinka

Thanks for all the helpful replies... Collsoft definitely seems to be what we’re looking for. Currently using Quickbooks but we’re thinking of moving to a different accounting package ... again something that is user friendly so that the guys can access it if need be, any recommendations? Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

sinkadinka wrote: »
    Thanks for all the helpful replies... Collsoft definitely seems to be what we’re looking for. Currently using Quickbooks but we’re thinking of moving to a different accounting package ... again something that is user friendly so that the guys can access it if need be, any recommendations? Thanks again

I use sort my books which integrates with cloudpay

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement