Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

Surprise surprise -4c promised this week and only barely got a -1

Cold next week downgraded on latest GFS now probably 6c and wet

Unless they promise -30c it wont snow and even then it will probably end up being 3c

It ALWAYS gets downgraded just like storms and heatwaves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

There is actually a bit of a chill to the air. It hasn’t exceeded 6.5c.. now raining and a cool 5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice calm November night here in Castlebar with the moon shining through a thin layer of cloud which is also preventing a frost.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A nice calm November night here in Castlebar with the moon shining through a thin layer of cloud which is also preventing a frost.

The same here near Tralee Oscar Bravo but wouldn't take much to bring it below freezing, 3.1C atm. Dropping slowly. Covered some concrete I made.....just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Feels much colder than the last few nights in Galway...will be a big frost if it dosn't cloud over later like it has done last few nights preventing any frost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

I would love a big frost, it's the closest thing we have to snow. Though I would be worried about my plants outside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cork airport reading 6 degrees, surprised by that tbh. Opened the door and it feels freezing! Can see my breath when I breath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The sky clearer and down to 1.9C now here near Tralee

temp_uk_gsu2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

-2c in Mt Dillon

2.4c in Sligo. Coldest night so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

0c at nearby Claremorris here in Mayo in both the midnight and 1am repoorts. The sky has cleared nicely here over the past couple of hours and there is already a nice icy coating on the car. A lovely calm moonlit night out there with the silence punctuated every so often by the screech of a fox in the distance. A welcome respite from the rains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Deep, still deepening silence over island and ocean this night and early morning. To open the door is to draw in a sharp breath! A bitter intense chill.

Late last night the high- hung moon had that almost multi coloured transparent halo that betokens intense cold or even frost nearby or soon. Breath was chill in the lungs! And still is. Utter glory but too cold to stay out long. Dazzling shining.

A cold winter night passing now, and a chilly day ahead. We shall see at first light what frost there is out here. I know the usual places that are affected by grass frost when nowhere else is, after five years of close observation.. And the grass is still tall and sturdy. The wide blades under the fuchsia are the first targets.

A day for brisk walks and enjoying the sky and the freshness of the air with delight. And wrapping warm against the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

The cloud arrived in Galway during the night no frost...still very cold though even with the cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 13,737 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Another gorgeous day in Dublin. I'd take this nice still weather and temperatures over our usual summer weather any time. You can spend all day outside in weather like this.

The chill is far less aggressive this morning, and dry. I may venture out in a while....

west mayo

Graces7 wrote: »
    The chill is far less aggressive this morning, and dry. I may venture out in a while....

west mayo

That was lovely. A gentle amble down the lane. barely light ands the harbour and lighthouse lights still working at their shining in every direction

Clear and chilly but no offence in it. Even gathered a few lumps of turf someone had dropped :D.. The cats and I had a really pleasurable walk. Rare these days is this. A good start to the day. Refreshing.

A calm foggy morning here just outside Castlebar.

Another gorgeous day in Dublin. I'd take this nice still weather and temperatures over our usual summer weather any time. You can spend all day outside in weather like this.

This again today, love this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Fog warning for Munster, Connacht and Leinster

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Fog thickening this evening, with some dense areas of fog this evening and tonight.

Valid: 15:00 Sunday 29/11/2020 to 06:00 Monday 30/11/2020

Issued: 15:00 Sunday 29/11/2020

Fog showed up well on Sat pic lingering in the midlands today.

Getting quite dense here near Tralee now.

NASA

xE4R4xy.png?1

Dark and wet here in Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

After a dull day yesterday, another dull day today but wet as well in cork city. Mild enough though, was 11 degrees around 8:30 last night.

Blustery and horrible in Dublin, the calm weather had to end eventually. Overall autumn wasn't the worst i suppose plenty of calm dry weather.

Wondrously atmospheric …. dark and foreboding.. but so mild after yesterday .
    Not even thinking of lighting the fire.

and the breeze has dropped and faded away. Just an occasional gusts echoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Looking at the visible sat from 12.00 today.

Can someone explain the straight lines?

Chemtrails? :pac:

534691.jpg

the lines are contrails from aircraft. if you rewind flight radar to midday you can work out what aircraft they came from... if your board that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Looking at the visible sat from 12.00 today.

Can someone explain the straight lines?

Chemtrails? :pac:

]
    the lines are contrails from aircraft. if you rewind flight radar to midday you can work out what aircraft they came from... if your board that is.

Contrails thats the word!

Yeah, I havent been bored enough....yet.

Contrails thats the word!

Yeah, I havent been bored enough....yet.

There is a site where you can track aircraft?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Graces7 wrote: »
    There is a site where you can track aircraft?

https://www.flightradar24.com/53.6,-5.58/6

Takes all the wonder out of 'I wonder where that plane is going?'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Overall, found it an ok autumn but very boring. November wasn't the worst I've seen such as last year.. but like the autumn and almost every season since 2018, monotonous. A forgettable season.

• Advertisement

I dunno, I went for quite a few late autumn walks this November. In the sun too. Not as wet as last year, so good in my books.

Advertisement