Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Referring to last week I assume, don't think the golf today has teed off yet

2 events on this week. One had

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Wolf having a mare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Wolf having a mare

What’s happened him !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What’s happened him !

Too rich too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Wolf having a mare

Dr. Bre wrote:
    What’s happened him !

Just about to ask the same, less than 12 months ago he was gonna be the man, shocking round for a top 20 player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Wolf having a mare

He will have lots of rounds like that in his career , with that unorthodox swing ,if his timing and rhythm are a bit off then he can shoot big numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    He will have lots of rounds like that in his career , with that unorthodox swing ,if his timing and rhythm are a bit off then he can shoot big numbers
    Think this is the correct answer, unorthodox technique, every number from 2 to 8 on his card, never seen that before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Think this is the correct answer, unorthodox technique, every number from 2 to 8 on his card, never seen that before
    Unorthodox technique?
    Every number from 2 to 8 on the card?
    Never seen that before?
    That’s most of us every day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

ckeego wrote: »
    Unorthodox technique?
    Every number from 2 to 8 on the card?
    Never seen that before?
    That’s most of us every day!!
    😂 My card would be missing 2 & 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

De Chambeau and Dustin struggling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He's probably in the middle of changing something. Players are obligated through sponsorship to play certain events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

😂 My card would be missing 2 & 3
    Most of us on a good day...Fixed that, so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Wolff has withdrawn, not for the first time lately, I thought I read somewhere that he had some sort of hand injury, I'd say that's more likely than swing changes etc, you wouldn't keep withdrawing unless there was something wrong physically surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Wolff has withdrawn, not for the first time lately, I thought I read somewhere that he had some sort of hand injury, I'd say that's more likely than swing changes etc, you wouldn't keep withdrawing unless there was something wrong physically surely.

If he just WD cause he had a **** round that’s pretty pathetic IMO. He’ll still get the $40k for last place so just play the other 3 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Speaking of Wolff, I see he got no penalty for accidentally hitting his ball in his practice stroke on the green yesterday. I didn't realise the rule had changed, apparently the change was made quite recently.

In saying that, he went ahead and three putted anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

It’s Tony Finau’s time surely.

Why has Reed made it so hard to support him!! His short game is insane. Topped his 2nd shot on a par five into a fairway bunker and then proceeds to get up and down from 140 odd yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Why has Reed made it so hard to support him!! His short game is insane. Topped his 2nd shot on a par five into a fairway bunker and then proceeds to get up and down from 140 odd yards.

His mouth and his reported propensity to cheat make it hard for me to like him, but he is a hell of a golfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Dav010 wrote: »
    His mouth and his reported propensity to cheat make it hard for me to like him, but he is a hell of a golfer.

Yes, he has a great game, but he’s a king size pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hovland having a bad hole

• Advertisement

Ya he's a top notch player and is interesting to watch, it's such a shame that he's a massive tool

Hovland having a bad hole

Disaster for him, -7 for the round aswell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

fullstop wrote: »
    If he just WD cause he had a **** round that’s pretty pathetic IMO. He’ll still get the $40k for last place so just play the other 3 rounds.

That 40k takes him above Jack nicklaus in career earnings!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

He’ll still get the $40k for last place

Are you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

abff wrote: »
    Are you sure about that?

Not entirely, but saw it posted by a couple of the popular podcasts on Twitter. We shall see...or we might never know!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not entirely, but saw it posted by a couple of the popular podcasts on Twitter. We shall see...or we might never know!

Triggered me to look up the list, some surprises there.
    McDowell at $18m, never thought he'd have won that much, same with Ricky Fowler at $39m, Spieth at $40m, Kuchar at $52m!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Triggered me to look up the list, some surprises there.
    McDowell at $18m, never thought he'd have won that much, same with Ricky Fowler at $39m, Spieth at $40m, Kuchar at $52m!!!

One that always amazes me is that Brian Davis, the English fella, has over 13 million. I think he holds the record for highest earnings without a win.

Love this tweet from the nolayingup crew; Reed winning at a place named after “one of the great acts of sportsmanship in history” would be way too good.

So true!!

Also please let cam smith and Reed be in final group. That would be tasty

This 13th hole is hilarious. God help how amateur golfers get around this course. And apparently the greens are faster for members!!! Madness but creates great visuals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

They're really pushing the aul erectile disfunction meds on us golfers... there's a message there somewhere...

Advertisement