Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Advent Calendars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    They do don't they. Not cheap though!

Unfortunately Lego rarely is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Lego rarely is :(

You're not wrong my friend.
    Ordered the young lad the Star wars At-At for christmas over the weekend, couldn't believe the price at €150 odd... its not even that big when constructed. He's mad into the star wars lego though, just a shame to get anything decent you've to pay through the nose.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    You're not wrong my friend.
    Ordered the young lad the Star wars At-At for christmas over the weekend, couldn't believe the price at €150 odd... its not even that big when constructed. He's mad into the star wars lego though, just a shame to get anything decent you've to pay through the nose.

My siblings and I got a limited edition, no longer in production, Maersk train for our Dad from ebay last Christmas. You don't want to know what it cost :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

119137112_2740476352941635_4925890223802175395_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=MnkO1yhRHrYAX-j-k2m&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=291e61d2e7c5461da3266304066d99bc&oe=5F84EA3E
    119240563_2740476769608260_3491931696292318169_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3lKsQdmrFNwAX-M3NgY&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=582b53fd556d532d21701a408b1824e1&oe=5F85D04A

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

don't be tempting me ha

Seriously think ill be going for the dairy milk white chocolate one this year

Nice and they are all a decent size as well, 330ml minimum.

Nice and they are all a decent size as well, 330ml minimum.

Got a different one on Amazon last year for £40 plus parcel motel charge which is a bit less than €100 but might give this one a try. Think Aldi do one too or is that only wine?

Got one of these last year for one of the kids, given how ridiculously priced their stuff is, €26 which is what they are here now is actually very good value.

https://www.smiggle.co.uk/shop/en/smiggleuk/advent-calendar-2020?colour=MIX.

Strange they launched at €34 each last week or 2 for €60 and they are reduced already lol.

Got one of these last year for one of the kids, given how ridiculously priced their stuff is, €26 which is what they are here now is actually very good value.

https://www.smiggle.co.uk/shop/en/smiggleuk/advent-calendar-2020?colour=MIX.

Strange they launched at €34 each last week or 2 for €60 and they are reduced already lol.

Oldest daughter got one last year and would be surprised if one didn't find its way into the house this year again.

• Advertisement

Ladies Disney socks in an advent calendar....

https://www.boots.ie/disney-ladies-sock-advent-calendar--10283152

Ladies Disney socks in an advent calendar....

https://www.boots.ie/disney-ladies-sock-advent-calendar--10283152

Out of stock already!

Thanks, will keep an eye as would be nice for Elf1.

Out of stock already!

Thanks, will keep an eye as would be nice for Elf1.

Stock isn't in yet so technically not sold out (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Rituals have their advent calendar out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

What price is the Cadburys one?
    Ordered my little one a Lego one. It'll be a big hit.

Ordered my little one a Lego one. It'll be a big hit.

Lego ones are great, got two last year, one for kids and one for my Dad. Will be getting two again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Not to sound righteous or anything but alot of these are aload of tat at a huge mark up as they have put it in a fancy box. Some of the chocolate ones have less chocolate than a normal bar of chocolate!!

A couple of years ago we bought some advent calender on a rope with small bags.

I mostly fill them up, We put in what we want, I get good decent chocolate and some small gifts from the euro shop, But things that would be useful on the run up to Christmas.

Its also more sustainable, less waste and things you would actually use.

Something like this.
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Calendar-Christmas-Countdown-Drawstring-Resusable/dp/B08CVRN7KY/ref=sr_1_37?dchild=1&keywords=advent+rope&qid=1601311610&sr=8-37

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I’m trying to find one that has crib figurines in it to try and teach my smallies about Christmas. Haven’t had any luck yet though, I’ll keep looking

Autosport wrote: »
    Rituals have their advent calendar out

Got one for mother in law, arrived Friday.

Agree some of the chocolate ones are a rip off but a lot including the Rituals are good value, good sized gifts each day. They're all/or about introducing people to the brand and stuff they may never buy in full sized.

White Company one is out too...€200 though.

https://www.thewhitecompany.com/row/Beauty-Advent-Calendar/p/ADDVN?redirectSearchText=advent+calendar&

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

afatbollix wrote: »
    Not to sound righteous or anything but alot of these are aload of tat at a huge mark up as they have put it in a fancy box. Some of the chocolate ones have less chocolate than a normal bar of chocolate!!

I mostly fill them up, We put in what we want, I get good decent chocolate and some small gifts from the euro shop, But things that would be useful on the run up to Christmas.

Something like this.
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Calendar-Christmas-Countdown-Drawstring-Resusable/dp/B08CVRN7KY/ref=sr_1_37?dchild=1&keywords=advent+rope&qid=1601311610&sr=8-37

I really like those little bags. I think I'd find it hard and expensive filling them, that's just the way I am though.
    I do agree that over the last few years especially all these companies have jumped on the bandwagon. I cant comment on the products as the only one I got before aside from the chocolate ones was a lego one which was great for my lad.
    For me I love the old fashioned standard chocolate ones with the picture on the inside of the card. Theres a certain smell you get from them and the nostalgia and memories that come with it is priceless.

• Advertisement

afatbollix wrote: »

Something like this.

I get your point and I agree with some of it but my little one is lego mad and I know it will be a big hit and each piece will be used and played with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

We got the Lego ones for a few years. 3 boys here, they took turns opening a door each day. Got to the point though where we were getting the same stuff each year. And we've loads of Christmas Lego now. Instead, now that they're a bit older, they get a fancy chocolate one each, as in a €5 one instead of the fake chocolate €1 ones. Lindt, Reeses, Hershey's, that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Two Lindt gold reindeer Santa advent calendars £10.20 Lindt red advent calendar on Amazon for £8.50 if you do the subscribe and save.

Galaxy one for £2.79

6 Cadbury for £13

Haribo £8

Kinder £6.74

Dove beauty 12 days of Christmas £16.20

Tea bag calendars assortment £8.99 to £10.99

Has anyone seen the Cadburys one yet? I saw that Dunnes have Lindt ones, and also Lindt chocolate Santa's. I usually get the kids the Aldi calendars but going "upmarket" ;) with Cadburys this year and Lego Friends. I haven't tried Tesco yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Has anyone seen the Cadburys one yet? I saw that Dunnes have Lindt ones, and also Lindt chocolate Santa's. I usually get the kids the Aldi calendars but going "upmarket" ;) with Cadburys this year and Lego Friends. I haven't tried Tesco yet.

The cadbury advent calendars are in supervalu.

The cadbury advent calendars are in supervalu.

Thanks a mill! Will try to get them this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Thanks a mill! Will try to get them this weekend.

No hassle at all. Supervalu have a couple of different ones in there but I remembered the cadbury one because my wife always gets one every year ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Soap and Glory advent calendar in stock in boots now wasn’t there last week
    Good size products
    I have my besties birthday in November I am thinking of getting it for her she loves their products and she has a nice treat then every day of December

• Advertisement

So my local Supervalu didn't have the Cadburys calendars so I went to Tesco and they had them, 4 euros each. Glad to be sorted so early!

Advertisement