Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tell me a plot, I’ll sell you a story.

• 13-08-2020 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Please forgive me for interloping on this forum.

I hope I’m not repeating a thread that’s already here because I haven’t been following it.

I’m a complete novice, I’ve always thought of myself as a bit of a descriptive writer. I love the idea of writing, but I don’t always know what to write about....hhhmm, I wonder if that sounds original :pac:

So I thought of this idea...

If us boardies would suggest a plot and maybe a very brief character description (maybe we could have a poll/or decide by most liked?) we could decide on a number of chapters and maybe one chapter per week??

We could each tell our own version of the plot/story.

I don’t know if you’d be interested but we could turn it into a bit of a comp at the end of the set amount of weeks?? After that, a new plot and a new story.

I’m just throwing my line out, fishing for ideas!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If us boardies would suggest a plot and maybe a very brief character description (maybe we could have a poll/or decide by most liked?) we could decide on a number of chapters and maybe one chapter per week??

We could each tell our own version of the plot/story.

Sounds a little bit like the old "variations on a theme" writing contests we used to have here. :) Were you thinking of short stories or novel-length efforts?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The bus that went too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Sounds a little bit like the old "variations on a theme" writing contests we used to have here. :) Were you thinking of short stories or novel-length efforts?

Thanks for entertaining my ideas, I was thinking of a short novel, a chapter a week, boardies would decide the plot and character descriptions beforehand and agree on how many chapters. I’m sorry if this was done before!

The bus that went too far?

Did the bus get a chance to leave the platform before the inspector got on board :confused::D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thanks for entertaining my ideas, I was thinking of a short novel, a chapter a week, boardies would decide the plot and character descriptions beforehand and agree on how many chapters. I’m sorry if this was done before!

I don't think it's ever been done on the scale of a novel/novella before! Could be a very interesting project for the autumn and winter.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's ever been done on the scale of a novel/novella before! Could be a very interesting project for the autumn and winter.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

So maybe we could we focus on a few plots first?

How do we pick the best? Most liked by a certain date maybe? Or any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did the bus get a chance to leave the platform before the inspector got on board :confused::D

Maybe something like speed but better.... A milk float.

Maybe something like speed but better.... A milk float.

Fr Dougal, stay off the strawberry milkshakes, you’re derailing parade :D

Advertisement