Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Sarcozies wrote: »
    I'd say the vast majority of not all are government aircraft that they are testing.

It's hilarious how the height of all these sightings occured just before everyone and their mother had a high quality video recorder in their pockets :pac

They seem to have been witnessed for millennia. Christopher Columbus wrote something about seeing a craft. The monks in Ireland saw something strange in the sky in the 1400’s. In WWII all the reports from pilots about the 'Foo Fighters'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Flickerfusion

The majority of them in the US seem to take place in places like Nevada and so on near areas where the US military and defence companies would be conducting tests of new aircraft, drones and missiles.

It’s very likely many of those sightings you hear about were just prototype aircraft.

It’s very probable that drones and so on have been in development since at least the 1950s. The technology has just become more mainstream and affordable which has brought them into consumer markets in more recent years.

Also if you were an advanced alien race, why would you spend so much time abducting and probing rural Americans? They’re not that interesting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

I wonder do they have recessions on alien planets. I wonder are they giving out about dole payments there....and travellers. Do you think there's an alien Dublin out there? Oh god.

*Collapses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

By any chance would this have been 1993?..if so my experience is similar to yours in that one bright moonlit evening myself and my two friends happened to look up and saw a huge craft just hovering silently behind the clouds. Very eerie experience. And lo and behold a day or two later I remember hearing on radio, tv and in newspapers they were talking about a UFO wave over Ireland and Britain and reports from multiple sightings.

Two seconds on google just brought up this RTÉ report from the time.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0321/949136-ufos-over-ireland/

So OP, to answer your question, I 100% believe from my own personal experience that we are being regularly visited by inter-dimensional beings rather than interstellar beings.

probably was around then, not sure of the year but would have been around that time. will never forget how it just vanished in on top of itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'll just leave this thing here:

14697480_f520.jpg

ah yes, the Avro Canada VZ-9 Avrocar, a pile of crap that they could barely fly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Interesting, very interesting theory.

Or is it possible that we share this planet internally & externally with life other than carbon based, on another level or indeed another dimension?

Could well be the case. There are several cases of UFOs seen going into and coming out of the water and also a theory that they have some connection with Volcanoes. There are videos on YouTube showing objects flying around and into several volcanoes including Popocatepetl in Mexico (which it so happens they have a constant live feed going on YouTube), Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland and Sakurajima in Japan.

This video here of the last one is bizarre to say the least.

https://youtu.be/ShMmP7Sy6Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They seem to have been witnessed for millennia. Christopher Columbus wrote something about seeing a craft. The monks in Ireland saw something strange in the sky in the 1400’s. In WWII all the reports from pilots about the 'Foo Fighters'.

If Columbus and everyone after him behaved like the "aliens", native tribes would be reporting these mysterious sea going vessels with big sails that never seem to make landfall.

If a technologically superior race ever got here for real, we would be fücked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Yep, 20th July1969, Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin.

“That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”

There is a lot that believe they never did ... they believe the US wanted to outdo the Russians and it was all filmed on earth ....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

LillySV wrote: »
    There is a lot that believe they never did ... they believe the US wanted to outdo the Russians and it was all filmed on earth ....

They're the sort who believe in little green (or grey) men as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

bangkok wrote: »
    ah yes, the Avro Canada VZ-9 Avrocar, a pile of crap that they could barely fly
    Canadians wasting US taxpayers money :p

flsaucer001-22.jpg

The Russians had these
    https://englishrussia.com/2013/07/18/russian-flying-saucer/

220px-Vought_V173_Rear_View.jpg

There was the Vought V-173

And a lot of tailless aircraft like the B2 can look saucer shaped from the side.

• Advertisement

The majority of them in the US seem to take place in places like Nevada and so on near areas where the US military and defence companies would be conducting tests of new aircraft, drones and missiles.

It’s very likely many of those sittings you hear about were just prototype aircraft.

It’s very probable that drones and so on have been in development since at least the 1950s. The technology has just become more mainstream and affordable which has brought them into consumer markets in more recent years.

Also if you were an advanced alien race, why would you spend so much time abducting and probing rural Americans? They’re not that interesting!!

Drove through there years ago, wanted to see rainbow canyon on the way to Vegas as loads of fight jets known to practice their moves there.... a good while later in journey I spoke to afew local guys near a Vietnam memorial in desert and they said you’d never know what you would see around here... the likes of blackbird jet fighters regularly flying by at supersonic speeds and only the height of a telegraph pole ... loads of experimental jets there. Was pulled by a cop for speeding half hour later (he was sound and let me away btw) and I told him I hadn’t notice me speed as was keeping an eye out to indiana springs airbase ... he said that’s where they fly and control drones from out in the likes of Iraq.... he said you never know what you see over there either ....lots of experimental stuff... seen afew f35s and the likes there he said ... I thought he was bluffing until I seen his car pull into his office across the way from the airbase later while carrying on my journey ... id say it’s a huge testing ground for experimental stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭buried

Think they are something probably from another dimension quite close to us, which science has proved exists, 4th, 5th dimensions. Good few of the probably are military. Wasn't the Stealth Bomber prototype made in the 60's but only made public during the first Gulf War in the early 90's?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I'm sure they are out there but that theory about a civilisation blowing up their own planet before they can explore other worlds probably rings true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

jaxxx wrote: »
    Plus I rather doubt they would want to actually get in contact with us based on how violent we are. Let's face it, if an alien was discovered today, especially in 'Murica, it'd be carted off to some place against its will never again to see the light of day; all in the name of 'science'.

Then again maybe I've watched too many movies.. .. ..

How do you know aliens are non violent assuming they exist?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    How do you know aliens are non violent assuming they exist?
    They haven't nudged an asteroid towards us.

Make no mistake any civilisation capable of interstellar travel could wipe us out with far less energy than it would take to return home.

Also ET can access more resources in the asteroids than in all the mines at the bottom of the gravity well we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

LillySV wrote: »

And the story goes that it inspired the magnificent 1978 film Capricorn One which depicts a hoax trip to Mars. Problem for the crew is that they can't be allowed to live in case they spill the beans, so ......
    Great thriller if you haven't already seen it.

And the story goes that it inspired the magnificent 1978 film Capricorn One which depicts a hoax trip to Mars. Problem for the crew is that they can't be allowed to live in case they spill the beans, so ......
    Great thriller if you haven't already seen it.

Haha, may watch that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I was told this by a man I know well and he didn't say that much usually. That one night a glowing silvery round object landed in the paddock near his house he could see it from his upstairs window. Not that large 15 to 20 ft across. I asked if he got his shotgun and went out to look at it and he said he was too frightened and didn't tell his wife but locked up and went to bed. A while later he got up to check if it was still there but it had gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Maybe aliens planted covid 19 here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

UFOs are just unidentified flying objects. So yes there are flying objects we can't identify. ....they could be birds ...dunno.

Aliens ..i suppose yes there is life on other planets by law of averages so they say.

Aliens among us? I don't know ..maybe. I've never seen one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Maybe aliens planted covid 19 here

Nah I think they are nice.

Besides why risk it? It could be something that evolved into something that could hurt them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

It’s very likely many of those sittings you hear about were just prototype aircraft.

It's by far the most likely explanation.
    Add in deliberate disinformation as a cover for experimental aircraft, optical illusions, hypoxia, unusual sensor returns caused by any number of phenomena, hallucination, mental instability, drugs, alcohol and you've got "UFOs".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Pentagon finally releases footage of UFO encounters which had previously been leaked 2007 and 2017. The videos show unidentified aerial objects performing impossible manouvers at impossible speeds! Impossible to be manned by humans, as the G-forces would turn the human body to pulp.

See video here ..
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52457805

LeYouth wrote: »
    I wonder do they have recessions on alien planets. I wonder are they giving out about dole payments there....and travellers. Do you think there's an alien Dublin out there? Oh god.

*Collapses.

That's true, you know. If there are Aliens, I doubt they're like we portray them - constantly working on probes and fixing space ships. I'd say it's a lot like earth. Loads of houses. Alien Nurses looking for more money. Alien doleheads sitting in their front gardens with their swimming pool tied down so it doesn't float away with a few cans.

Motor Factors queue out the door, everyone looking for Flux Capacitors as the minority aliens keep stealing them off their spaceships. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Flickerfusion

There could also be a huge scale difference.

Maybe you could have advanced civilisations the size of ants or even microbes. Who says biology has to be this big?

Sure they could have been buzzing around for millennia and we didn't even notice.

Or, they could be absolutely huge and we are like ants to them.

It'd be rather boring though if the only life in the universe other than us was moss lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I usually wouldn't but I just can't explain this and wonder wtf it is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I usually wouldn't but I just can't explain this and wonder wtf it is ...

2 bored airmen trying to lock on to a bird:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

A bird that can fly that fast ... and turn at 90 degrees without slowing down ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭buried

This is very interesting audio from about a year ago where multiple commercial aircraft pilots reported an object/multiple objects over Irish airspace travelling at speeds of up to twice the speed of sound and they reported it to Irish ATC

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ditto.

Wonder when we'll get to Mars?

On the way but not soon

Advertisement