Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

Where are people getting the switching Sims

Eir don't send them when I order, I wonder if they blacklist you after a while

H.20v3 wrote: »

You can also try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Does anyone here have trouble getting a 4g signal. Mine always shows 2g, 3g or LTE in settings.
    On GOMO network

Does anyone here have trouble getting a 4g signal. Mine always shows 2g, 3g or LTE in settings.
    On GOMO network

LTE is 4G, for all intents and purposes. Some network ROMs would should 4G for the signal, others would show LTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 SLyn9745

On GOMO network

Like said before, LTE is the same as 4G depending on the rom of your phone, and or the 4G coverage of your area

https://m.apkpure.com/4g-lte-switch/com.tapbase.LTEswitcher

You can download this apk to force "LTE Only" to get only 4G or in the dialer dial *#*#4646#*#* and select phone - but you may not receive anyway calls if your carrier doesn't support calls over 4G yet.. I think Eir or Vodafone do.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

See the Nokia 4.2 for €39.99. Anyone know if it's the 16GB/2GB Ram or 32GB/3GB Ram model?

Thanks

See the Nokia 4.2 for €39.99. Anyone know if it's the 16GB/2GB Ram or 32GB/3GB Ram model?

Thanks

Seems to be 3gb ram

I'm not sure about storage ,it shows as 20gb internal

Edit it's 3/32

Seems to be 3gb ram

I'm not sure about storage ,it shows as 20gb internal

Edit it's 3/32

nice one thanks you :)

You won't get better value for 40 , I got a few of them

• Advertisement

Exactly. Have a few tesco mobile sims lying around!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Last month I ordered two Eir SIMs for myself & my mother before and received them within 3 days. My wife ordered one on Saturday 15th Feb and still hasn't received her SIM. A friend of ours is in the same boat.

At this rate, she'll most likely be going into Eir store and paying 10e for a SIM card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    Told them they could collect, been a week and they are still adamant on me paying for registered postage. That is not going to happen.

After a week they tell me they will compensate me etc but looking at their CS reviews and their twitter page, it wont happen or I will be waiting months.

So now what....

Sorry bit off topic, so gave them until end of today to collect, full 2 weeks. They sent me message again saying they will log return form on my behalf but still expect me to go to the post office and send them off so back to page one here.

Am I ok to dispose these as I see fit or?

Also from when can storage charges be applied?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dan786 wrote: »
    Sorry bit off topic, so gave them until end of today to collect, full 2 weeks. They sent me message again saying they will log return form on my behalf but still expect me to go to the post office and send them off so back to page one here.

Am I ok to dispose these as I see fit or?

Also from when can storage charges be applied?

I would think you'd have to hold onto them for a year before they're legally yours to do what you like with.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

just chiming in to say these are in stock at the moment, at the same price of €179 with the porting offer. ordered one yesterday guess i'll get it next week at some stage. thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

got one myself. Great phone, no complaints. Very happy with its size
    I just need to invest in a case for it.. Feels slippy in the hands.

does anyone know typically how long these take to arrive? is it courier or an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ed1140

I ordered Wednesday night and delivered by an post this, ( Friday), morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Am loving this phone. Got a spigen case on amazon delivered via parcel motel - fits the phone nicely and with a seperate screen protector the phone is still in one piece two months on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I picked one up in a Vodafone shop.
    I had to buy €20 of Vodafone credit on top that I didn't want.
    And I had to buy €10 of Eir credit with that sim. So I now have 2 excess sims and €30 credit

Most interesting though the sales guy said there was the possibility of €50 cashback from Google.

https://pixel-offers.co.uk/ie/en/claims/vodafone/get-started <---cheers bliger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

groom wrote: »
    And I had to buy €10 of Eir credit with that sim. So I now have 2 excess sims and €30 credit

Most interesting though the sales guy said there was the possibility of €50 cashback from Google but wasn't clear on how to claim it. There was a mention of it in the Vodafone brochures lying around but just pointing to vodafone.ie.

The sales guy went out back and came back with a written url pointing to pixelcashback.com/vodafone which is not a live link.

Anyone know anything about this cashback? I'll go back to a local vodafone shop and try find the brochure again.

https://pixel-offers.co.uk/ie/en/claims/vodafone/get-started

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Wow. So net €129 for this phone? Surely this is a steal rather than a bargain!

Another pleasant surprise is that the phone isn't sim locked. Working away nicely with a GoMo sim.

What options do I have to make some use of the €20 Vodafone and €10 Eir credit?

any OK cases that I can pick up in dublin city centre? just received mine today and hate going caseless :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Most interesting though the sales guy said there was the possibility of €50 cashback from Google.

https://pixel-offers.co.uk/ie/en/claims/vodafone/get-started <---cheers bliger

Is this because you bought it in store? I had a free Eir sim and bought this phone for €179 without having to top up anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

it's mental that this phone is available for €129, assuming you get the €50 cashback. Camera is great on it!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Another pleasant surprise is that the phone isn't sim locked. Working away nicely with a GoMo sim.

What options do I have to make some use of the €20 Vodafone and €10 Eir credit?

Are the credits already loaded onto the respective SIMs? You could spend the Vodafone credit on things like the Google Play Store etc.

Eir credit isn't so useful unfortunately, best thing IMO is to text donate to charities that tickle your fancy. See http://likecharity.com

I think so yes. I don't think I'd have been forced to buy credit if I did it online. The store assistant said it was necessary.

Quackster wrote: »
    Are the credits already loaded onto the respective SIMs? You could spend the Vodafone credit on things like the Google Play Store etc.

Eir credit isn't so useful unfortunately, best thing IMO is to text donate to charities that tickle your fancy. See http://likecharity.com
    No I haven't applied them to any account / sim yet.

• Advertisement

Would love to know how many of these Vodafone have sold. I picked mine up a couple of weeks before this thread started, so that's over 4 months of a heavily discounted promotion. I don't think Google themselves have dropped any lower than about €350 for it the entire time.

Advertisement