Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

NRL carrying on, playing behind closed doors this week. Bulldogs with an early lead against the Cowboys.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Cowboys now comfortably in control.

Completion rate of under 70% for the Bulldogs, sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

So strange watching games behind closed doors. Kind of hard to take it seriously or something. Feels like watching pre season.

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    So strange watching games behind closed doors. Kind of hard to take it seriously or something. Feels like watching pre season.

Yeah a very flat atmosphere, or lack of it. Amazing how much background buzz even a small crowd make, don't realise until they've gone. I'll still end up watching both games tomorrow though!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

MUFC91CS wrote: »

Thats why huddersfield v salford is never televised.

Thats why huddersfield v salford is never televised.

Boom boom! :pac:

Good game to start today, Dragons threw away a decent lead, loads of tries and Panthers win by four.

Another decent game today, Broncos go two from two beating the Rabbitiohs

Queensland shutting travel to their state means probably the end of the NRL for now, not really a surprise.

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1241970828088131584?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

NRL tentatively looking at a 28th May return.

Government etc seem to be going along with it, so it’s very likely once they iron down the rules of it.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    NRL tentatively looking at a 28th May return.

Government etc seem to be going along with it, so it’s very likely once they iron down the rules of it.

Maybe not. NSW Chief Medical Officer (and Australia's Deputy Chief Medical Officer) isn't happy.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/apr/10/nrl-restart-date-paul-kelly-brad-hazzard

Rules changing in the NRL. Reverting to a single ref, attacking team get repeat set of six if defence slowing play of the ball down.

Suspensions for ignoring the social distancing rules, players not going to be allowed to play in Qld unless they get the flu jab. Strange times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Started watching NRL and supporting the Cowboys in 2011 - I could be wrong - my first match was live in Australia - saw the Cows vs Broncos and saw some on TV - didn't start to watch it on TV properly until 2012 when it started to get more coverage here. Therefore, I don't remember a time without 2 refs. For more seasoned supporters of the game - what was the game like before with just one ref - is a good/bad thing?

Danick wrote: »
    Started watching NRL and supporting the Cowboys in 2011 - I could be wrong - my first match was live in Australia - saw the Cows vs Broncos and saw some on TV - didn't start to watch it on TV properly until 2012 when it started to get more coverage here. Therefore, I don't remember a time without 2 refs. For more seasoned supporters of the game - what was the game like before with just one ref - is a good/bad thing?

RL in England still has one on-field ref, surely you've seen a few games ?

It's grand, I don't notice a huge difference tbh. Just as many questionable calls with 2 refs as 1 imo.

RL in England still has one on-field ref, surely you've seen a few games ?

I have -can't believe I never noticed

It's grand, I don't notice a huge difference tbh. Just as many questionable calls with 2 refs as 1 imo.

Thanks looking forward to round 3 - brill to have a sport I'm really interested in back on the TV

All 8 round three games are going to be live on Sky too.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsRL/status/1261264556220915713?s=20

For those looking for a bit of live sport while we wait for more marble racing, the first game back after the lockdown is today at 1050 this morning. Brisbane Broncos vs Parramatta Eels.

Eels looked pretty good today in a handy win over the Broncos.

• Advertisement

Didn't catch any of today's games, final 3 games of the round tomorrow with Warriors up first against the Dragons at 6am, so I'll probably inflict that on myself. Sharks Tigers next, then hopefully what should be a good game between the Storm and the Raiders.

Didn't catch any of today's games, final 3 games of the round tomorrow with Warriors up first against the Dragons at 6am, so I'll probably inflict that on myself. Sharks Tigers next, then hopefully what should be a good game between the Storm and the Raiders.

Theres another two tomorrow as well, you're counting based on super leagues number of teams I'd say !

Theres another two tomorrow as well, you're counting based on super leagues number of teams I'd say !

Haha, thanks yeah, totally miscounted, cheers Charles. To be honest I don't even know what day of the week it is half the time!

It's been so handy sky showing them all, we still have Panthers Knights, Sea Eagles and Bulldogs to see.

And earth shattering news, the Warriors won. They were very good, a bit like them though, they're either good or terrible, no half measures. Poor old St. George were dreadful.

Tigers Sharks see sawing. Great 2nd half from Wests so far.

Awesome from the Raiders. Brilliant defence and score the only try second half.

Sharks :(

Sharks :(

When they came back from ten nil I thought theyd go on and win it but they just seemed to lack belief as soon as Tigers came back at them.

Tempted by Panthers -2 @1.9 on pp. Game on early tomorrow morning - Knights are missing Ponga - I know Cleary is missing but I reckon Panthers are good enough without him - any thoughts?

Tempted by Panthers -2 @1.9 on pp. Game on early tomorrow morning - Knights are missing Ponga - I know Cleary is missing but I reckon Panthers are good enough without him - any thoughts?

I fancy the Knights, so bet the farm on the Panthers.

• Advertisement

I fancy the Knights, so bet the farm on the Panthers.

Really? Why?

Advertisement