Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Movies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just watched A Christmas Prince on Netflix. Completely predictable but a nice, happy, mindless way to spend the afternoon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I just watched A Christmas Prince on Netflix. Completely predictable but a nice, happy, mindless way to spend the afternoon.
    I watched that too!
    Not going to be a big winner at the Oscars, but it was sooo Christmassy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Is anyone else enjoying watching all the Harry Potter films (again!) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

I didnae see them the first time, except the beginning of the first one - it looked rather sad (poor lad stuck in a closet!)

Are they good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

DunnoKidz wrote:
    Are they good?

Amazing, wish I could do Christmas decorations like Hogwarts :)

• Advertisement

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    I didnae see them the first time, except the beginning of the first one - it looked rather sad (poor lad stuck in a closet!)

Are they good?

They are so good !!
    Really worth watching , at any age tbh , and I'm a granny and still watch them any time they're on :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just watched the live action beauty and the beast very festive viewing.

DunnoKidz wrote: »

Are they good?
    Read them, don't watch them! Fantastic book series.

Posy wrote: »
    Read them, don't watch them! Fantastic book series.

In fairness you are right , the books are so much better than the films .

Still a nice way to pass away the evening though :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Home alone is on film4 right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

already missing the christmas movies on tv

"Love The Coopers" (2015) has been added to Netflix today, it might be a good one to end the Christmas Season with.

The story is "The intertwined stories of four generations of Coopers unfold right before the annual family reunion on Christmas Eve."

The cast is great it stars an ensemble cast, including Alan Arkin, John Goodman, Ed Helms, Diane Keaton, Jake Lacy, Anthony Mackie, Amanda Seyfried, June Squibb, Marisa Tomei, and Olivia Wilde.

I haven't seen it myself but it can't be as bad as some of the Christmas Movies out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I saw that movie last Christmas, you should definitely watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

If you can only watch five Christmas movies this year, what would they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Love Actually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Casablanca (always on at Christmas) & Sound of Music

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

In no particular order: Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, The Santa Claus, Home Alone and Love Actually

Scrooged
    A Muppet Christmas Carol
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
    Home Alone
    Elf

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Elf
    Home Alone 2
    Arthur Christmas
    Die Hard
    Die Hard 2

Elf
    Home Alone 2
    Arthur Christmas
    Die Hard
    Die Hard 2

Is Die Hard 2 a Christmas movie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Forgot to post my own.

Bad Santa
    Muppets Christmas Carol
    The Santa Claus
    Home Alone
    And a more recent one, Deck the Halls..

Die Hard 2 is definitely a Christmas movie, it's Christmas eve, it's snowing and the movie ends to the song let it snow🎅

-Elf
    -Home Alone
    -Home Alone 2
    -Die Hard
    -The Santa Clause

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

This is an evil thread. I have a really soft spot for Harold and Kummar's Christmas movie and Trading Places (which generally gets forgotten).

Home Alone
    Die hard
    Christmas Vacation
    Elf
    Scrooged

• Registered Users Posts: 32,935 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My kids have never seen Home Alone, and are now at an age where I think they'd really enjoy it, so I'm really looking forward to watching it all together this Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

We always wat h kristmas with the kranks. Love jamie lee curtis.
    Also casablanca, key largo, sound of music and maybe some Christmas themed one on Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Home Alone
    Elf
    Polar Express
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    Scrooged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

I tried to like polar express but it just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why.

Now the snowman with the David Bowie introduction, classic.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Trading Places (which generally gets forgotten).
    I count Trading Places as more a new year film, so it was my secret 6th film on the list. One of my all time favourite movies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Jude13 wrote: »
    This is an evil thread. I have a really soft spot for Harold and Kummar's Christmas movie and Trading Places (which generally gets forgotten).

Home Alone
    Die hard
    Christmas Vacation
    Elf
    Scrooged

You're making me think that any movie on this list should have at least one of Dan Ackroyd or Bill Murray in it. (Wasn't there a shot in Ghostbusters where they're all wearing santa hats? Ghostbusters 2 was definitely set over Xmas.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Elf,
    Bad Santa,
    Trading Places,
    Home Alone
    Die Hard

Advertisement