Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

_Lola_ wrote: »
    Well, in that link in my previous post it says the first tickets go on sale in 48 hours (Germany). That's all I know for now but nothing officially yet.
    Milan tickets, on the other hand, going on sale today at 4 pm (eastern european time). Florence and Trieste on December 1st.
    http://www.ticketone.it/bruce-springsteen-biglietti.html?affiliate=ITT&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&kuid=458554

Tickets for Bruce's gig here go on sale Dec 1st too, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Lola_

Tickets for Bruce's gig here go on sale Dec 1st too, don't they?

For Dublin gig, yes. Also Dec 1st.

And Sevilla gig appears to be confirmed.
    http://www.europapress.es/andalucia/sevilla-00357/noticia-bruce-springsteen-arrancara-estadio-cartuja-gira-europea-13-mayo-2012-20111124122248.html

So for now we have:
    13th MAY - SEVILLA - Estadio Olímpico de la Cartuja
    25th MAY - FRANKFURT - Commerzbank-Arena
    27th MAY - KÖLN - Rhein Energie Stadion
    30th MAY - BERLIN - Olympiastadion
    2nd JUNE - SAN SEBASTIÁN - Anoeta
    3rd JUNE - LISBOA [festival] - Rock in Rio
    7th JUNE - MILAN - San Siro
    10th JUNE - FIRENZE - Stadio Franchi
    11th JUNE - TRIESTE - Nereo Rocco
    19th JUNE - MONTPELLIER
    21st JUNE - SUNDERLAND - Stadium of Light
    22nd JUNE - MANCHESTER - City of Manchester Stadium
    24th JUNE - ISLE OF WIGHT [festival]- Isle of Wight
    4th JULY - PARIS - Bercy
    5th JULY - PARIS - Bercy
    12th JULY - VIENNA - Ernst Happel Stadium
    14th JULY - LONDON [festival] - Hyde Park
    17th JULY - DUBLIN - RDS Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

Talk about Dublin ticket prices on Newstalk now.

Over now - basically no argument and all agreed that when it comes to Bruce, he's worth the price (as if we didn't know that already!) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

is paris confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

_Lola_ wrote: »
    Jesus.:D
    Yes, Phoenix Park in Berlin. :D

How did they manage to move it?? :p
    nm wrote: »
    Worst night of the week and worst venue of all those rumoured.. annoying.

Anyone know if there is going to be a second night? I would prefer Wednesday, I wish they'd just announce two instead of this "by phenomenal demand" stuff.. can't take the chance on a gamble though so if I don't know by next Thursday morning I'll have a ticket for the Tuesday either way
    I believe in 2008 and in 2009, only one night was officially booked with an option for one or two further nights if the demand was there. That's the reason why only one show was announced originally. As the first show sold out, the second was added and when the second sold out (which it didn't in 2009), the third was added.

Apparently, in 2009, the third show was to be for the 14th of July (Tuesday) but Bruce Inc didn't take up the option and booked Hampden Park instead.

So, unfortunately,I doubt we're going to know about a second date until Thursday morning. There doesn't appear to be anything scheduled in the days after the 17th, so we can take that as a good sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

1st point: You don't have to go if you don't want to. 2nd point: Slane is a kip - the venue, not the village. Also, you complain about it, but still say you're going to go??? :confused: Seems a bit contradictory imo.....?

Of course I want to go - I said in my post that he is in a league of his own as a live act. It doesn't mean I don't have the right to complain about the fact that despite being in recievership, we are still being charged far more than the UK. And seeing the prices I don't see the problem with complaining about the venue. Slane is just a field obviously but at least with Slane you get three or four big name acts in support, and the atmosphere is always electric, making it far better value than a headline act on his own in the RDS. But of course I will still go - I've seen him three times now, but all in the RDS so it would be nice to have a bit of a change. But he stays with Aiken promotions which is the reason presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

'' priced from €86 including booking fee and will be on sale from Thursday the 1st of December 2011 through Ticketmaster and usual outlets ''...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Cremated wrote: »
    Any idea when the Dublin RDS show is on sale?...

1st December

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

1st December

Yeah after a bit of a search on Google I found it, can't wait :), btw thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

There doesn't appear to be anything scheduled in the days after the 17th, so we can take that as a good sign.

Apparently, there's a show in Oslo on the 21st. Not much room to squeeze a second or third show in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭big_show

Am i right to presume ticket prices are €86 is for standing and €96 for seating?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Ooooh, tough decision for me on this one. I was at 2 of his last gigs, and agree he is fantastic live.
    But c'mon - a Tuesday night? That's just sucky for those of us (a) working and/or (b) not living in Dublin.

Might look at one of the UK or European gigs, see if I can squeeze a weekend away around it!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The RDS? :(

In two minds really. The timing of the tickets just before Christmas is annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭musicmania

I agree the timing could be better but Brucie back in Ireland is gonna be so worth living on beans and toast from Aldi for the next few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

nnn.jpg

Frank03!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

I think there will be a Sunday show, the day after London, then a break Monday, show on Tuesday and if a third, that will be Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The second show more than compensated for the first night.

Unfortunately I remember the first day as I had the heaviest cold in years allied to the torrential rain and as a result of the cold being well well back. Have a video taken by someone in the pit the second day. The two shows looked like night and day. The 2nd seemed so much better.

I think there will be a Sunday show, the day after London, then a break Monday, show on Tuesday and if a third, that will be Wednesday.

I think that's right about Sunday but no more shows, 09 barely took the two in the end, and with a Tuesday....

New, updated list (with new spanish and scandinavian dates)
    13 MAY - SEVILLA - Estadio Olímpico de la Cartuja
    17 MAY - BARCELONA - Estadi Olímpic
    25 MAY - FRANKFURT - Commerzbank-Arena
    27 MAY - KÖLN - Rhein Energie Stadion
    30 MAY - BERLIN - Olympiastadion

2 JUNE - SAN SEBASTIÁN - Anoeta Stadium
    3 JUNE - LISABON [festival] - Rock in Rio
    7 JUNE - MILAN - San Siro (*GA sold out)
    10 JUNE - FLORENCE - Stadio Franchi
    11 JUNE - TRIESTE - Nereo Rocco Stadio
    17 JUNE - MADRID - Santiago Bernabéu
    19 JUNE - MONTPELLIER - L'arena De Montpellier
    21 JUNE - SUNDERLAND - Stadium of Light
    22 JUNE - MANCHESTER - City of Manchester Stadium
    24 JUNE - ISLE OF WIGHT [festival]- Isle of Wight

4 JULY - PARIS - Bercy
    5 JULY - PARIS - Bercy
    12 JULY - VIENNA - Ernst Happel Stadium
    14 JULY - LONDON [festival] - Hyde Park
    17 JULY - DUBLIN - RDS Arena
    21 JULY - OSLO
    23 JULY - BERGEN
    27 JULY - GOTHENBORG - Ullevi Stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Will there be any way to get priority tickets for this gig? I really really want to go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

SB-08 wrote: »
    Fukin RDS AGAIN? This will be the 6th and likely 7th time he plays the RDS in a row. It's getting like U2 and Croke Park at this stage. The predictability is becoming annoying. The issue of the price is causing a lot of negativity, and was among the headlines of the news on Newstalk Lunchtime and will be discussed shortly. Someone need to tell The Boss, that there is a huge difference with regard to the economy here compared to 08/09. The country is in receivership and it's really taking the piss to be charging us 25 quid more than the UK and other European countries. During the boom it was somewhat acceptable but to still be doing it really is frustrating. I mean at least hold the gig in a better venue like Croker or Landsdown to justify the prices.

I'll still be going obviously as Bruce is the best live performer on the planet in my view having seem loads of legends live who charge a lot such as Clapton, Elton, Rod, Macca etc - Bruce is without question worth it considering the epic show he puts on. My only issue is us being charged so much more than the UK when there is no longer an excuse, and the venue being a kip. I can see from Bruce's point of view though - he's going to sell out regardless where it is and the RDS would be a hell of a lot cheaper to hire for a gig than Croker and Landsdown. It's just a shame that he is'nt branching out and playing Slane this year though.

Oh FFS! This kind of attitude really pisses me off :mad: Tickets are too expensive moan moan moan .. but I'm buying one anyway.

Either close to €100 to see Bruce live is good value for money and you can afford to get one, go to and enjoy gig because he is great live. But then don't moan about ticket prices ... OR ... Close to €100 is extortionate compared to the prices to see him in the UK or mainland Europe. Then don't buy a ticket and moan all you want about the prices, tell your friends and family not to, phone Joe Duffy, start a facebook campaign etc.. You can't have it both ways.

Personally I think as long as we keep buying overpriced tickets for these big concerts, the artists will keep ripping us off. This isn't just a dig at Bruce, this applies to Bob Dylan, Arcade Fire, Summer music festivals etc..

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    is paris confirmed?
    It is.:)
    http://brucespringsteen.net/live/index.html

Here's link with listed venues (except the spanish ones) and on sale dates.
    http://backstreets.com/tour.html
    For spanish venues visit http://ticketmaster.es.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thinking of going to this. So would it be worth the money???. what songs would Bruce Perform not really familer with his work just heard he puts on a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thinking of going to this. So would it be worth the money???. what songs would Bruce Perform not really familer with his work just heard he puts on a great show

Kinda the same id know a fair amount of his stuff just wouldnt say i knew lots.

I mean one my best friends loves him been to see him good few times and he says hes amazing live so this is what has me curious the last year or so.

Its the price putting me off i am out of work at the moment and ive never been to gig in RDS no idea what the positioning and sound are like for what you have to pay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think he is my 2nd legendary artist i gotta see . After seeing Sir Mc Cartney last year and paying the same money for it , i def think it will be worth it. I have yet to hear anyone complain about his shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Absolutely, one of the few artists I'd say are actually worth the fairly huge ticket prices we get here. Sample setlist from the 09 Dublin show below. You should be able to see the Glasto show from a few weeks before somewhere online, it was live on BBC.
    No Surrender
    Badlands
    Night
    My Lucky Day
    Outlaw Pete
    Hungry Heart
    Working On a Dream
    Seeds
    Johnny 99
    Youngstown
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Spirit in the Night
    Sherry Darling
    Proud Mary
    (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover)
    Prove It All Night
    Trapped
    (Jimmy Cliff cover)
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    Radio Nowhere
    American Skin (41 Shots)
    Lonesome Day
    The Rising
    Born to Run
    Encore:
    Jungleland
    American Land
    Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    Glory Days
    Dancing in the Dark
    Twist and Shout
    (The Isley Brothers cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Before my first Bruce gig I met with three friends of mine that had flown in from the states after a few beers one of them asked me how many times I had seen him, when I replied that it was my first time the three of them started to reminisce about losing thier Springsteen virginity. I thought they were a bit mad as I wasn't really a fan and couldn't believe they way they were going on about it.
    Four hours later and I'm walking out of the RDS, a fan for life, felt better after that than I did when I lost my virginity. I have been to every show in Ireland since and the buzz I get is second to none and as good as the first time.

While I don't gig a lot I have a friend that does maybe 20 a year all round the world over the last thirty years, He's not Springsteen fan as such but has him in his top three gigs of all time.

I think you are lucky that you will have the chance to see them one last time, I am hoping to pick up at least two of his shows, Dublin and Hyde Park, If Santa is good to me I might get Madrid and Berlin. I dont think we will see the E Street band after this tour.

Don't think about it just go, you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's pricey for the tickets but he's more than worth it tbh.

Seen him twice and was blown away, fantastic live performer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya now im all tempted again even more so after the screw up with the florence and the machine tickets this morning.

Ill talk it over with me mate later over few beers :) If hes going ill go once i can get the funds together.

Ive seen Macca and elton john in last year or so George Micheal i always wanted to see but the classical music ****e he pulled put me off.

Only other one i can think of i wouldnt be able turn down would be fleetwood mac.

Advertisement