Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pimp My Musical!

Options
  • 10-09-2008 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭

Ok!

I think this thread will come in handy for everyone. You can use this thread to notify everyone of your upcoming musical productions whether they're school musicals, stage schools, musical societies or pro ones we might just want to hear about.

Don't forget to give details of locations, who's putting it on etc etc whatever you think is relevant yourself!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Hi all! I'm in Seussical the musical on in the Civic theatre in Tallaght in Nov. Its performed by Harolds Cross Tallaght musical society. http://www.civictheatre.ie/Theatre.htm

Tallaght Harolds Cross Musical Societypresents Seussical
    Director: Irene Gaffney
    Choreographer: Evelyn Donnelly
    Musical Director: Dermot O'Callaghan
    Seussical' is based on the works of Dr. Seuss and weaves together his most famous tales and characters from at least fifteen of his books. The show follows the adventures of Horton, an elephant who one day hears voices coming from a speck of dust. He soon discovers that within this tiny speck exists the smallest planet in the universe! on this tiny planet live a tiny race of creatures known as Whos. Although ridiculed by the other animals in the Jungle of Nool for believing ins omething he cannot see, Horton stubbornly persists in his belief that the Whos exist. Travelling everywhere from the Jungle of Nool to McEligott's Pool, some of the characters fall in love, some have desperate adventures and some even save the world. Characters include Horton the Elephant, Gertrude McFuzz, Lazy Mayzie and the Whos of Whoville.

Saturday Children’s Matinee Special:
    With each ticket sold receive a complimentary glossy programme of the show plus a meet & greet with some of the magical characters from the enchanting world of Seussical.

Tuesday 11th - Saturday 15th November 2008.
    Saturday 15th November at 3pm.
    Admission:
    Main Auditorium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

St Michaels Theatre in house production of "Little Shop of Horrors". 5th-8th of November at 8pm.
    Directed by Kevin Kennedy. MD Philip Kennedy.

St. Michaels Theatre,
    New Ross,
    Co. Wexford.

Seymour Krelbourn is a down-and-out who lives in Skid Row. His life is dramtically changed by the introduction of Audrey Two, a new breed of flytrap which has never been seen before. With musical numbers such as "Little Shop Of Horrors", "Skid Row" and "Suddenly Seymour", this promises to be enjoyed by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Jekyll and Hyde

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Perform...2008&time=2000

The Glasnevin Musical Society is delighted to celebrate the Dublin première of Jekyll and Hyde at the National Concert Hall. A dramatic and poignant musical, it tells the story of Dr Henry Jekyll as he pursues his quest to separate the two natures of man. Love and virtue put up a strong fight in this classic tale of good and evil, whilst murder and chaos are brought out of the shadows. Jekyll and Hyde boasts a rich melodic score with many memorable hits including 'This is the moment', ‘Someone like you’ and ‘Once upon a dream’.

Has some great numbers that I've heard....should be a good gig...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Snow White and the seven dwarves - Panto

Yours truly is Prince Sebastian in this magical pantomime of Snow White as performed by the Saint Mary's Musical Society.

Join Sleepy, Dopey, Doc and the cast of St Mary’s Musical Society in this classic tale of good versus evil. This spellbinding pantomime is full of music, magic, mayhem, slapstick comedy and high energy dance routines. Don’t be a bad apple, come along to the SMMS panto this year to find out who really is the fairest of them all!

http://www.solsticeartscentre.com - Booking of tickets!

Dates: Thursday 12 - Sunday 22 February (except Mon 16, Tue 17, Wed18)
    Times: 8pm nightly ( except Sun 22) & 3pm Sunday Matinees

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dramabob

DCU Drama presents RENT @ The Helix

RENT, Jonathan Larson's Rock Musical tale of AIDS, Homelessness and the Bohemian Lifestyle in early 1990's New York is coming to the Helix, DCU this March!

After 12 years on Broadway, 5,124 Performances, 4 Tony Awards, 1 Feature Film and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, Ireland's First Professional Venue Performance in almost a decade of the show will take place at the Theatre, The Helix, DCU, on the 24th, 25th and 26th of March 2009 for just 4 performances.

DCU Drama are proud to announce that 5-time Best Director (Association of Irish Musical Societies) John Donnelly is at the helm of a talented young cast for what will be an unmissable event.

RENT is in association with the Dublin AIDS Alliance, and a percentage of profits will be donated in support of the DAA.

Tickets are on sale now, priced at €20 and €15 for students, and available from:

www.dcuforrent.com/tickets.html

www.thehelix.ie/2009_Q1/Rent.htm

Tuesday, 24th March: 8pm
    Wednesday, 25th March: 8pm
    Thursday, 26th March: 2pm
    Thursday, 26th March: 8pm

(and I promise not to post any more spammy links:))

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

St Mary's Musical Society, Navan have the great honour of presenting the Irish premiere performance of Jane Eyre - The Musical, (Thurs 7 - Sun 10 & Thurs 14 - Sun 17 May)

If you enjoy Broadway or West End musicals you won't want miss this opportunity to see local musical talents present a timeless classic on a Navan stage.

For a century and a half, Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel Jane Eyre has continued to entertain and inspire generations, making it one of the truly great love stories of all time.

Jane Eyre - The Musical contains some of the best music and lyrics in a musical songs like ‘One Love, Two Hearts’ and ‘Never Before’ are duets between Jane and Rochester, and have the ability to stop the show and bring tears to your eyes.

You don’t have to be a fan of the novel, or even have read it, to come and enjoy Jane Eyre - The Musical.

Tickets €15 ( Thurs 7 & Fri 8 May ) / All other performances €20 . Tickets on sale now.

BOOKING/ 046 909 2300 / www.solsticeartscentre.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheKat

Portmarnock Musical Society Proudly presents "CHESS", written by Tim Rice with music by Benny and Bjorn from Abba, and me hopping around in the background.

Tues 14th April- Sat 18th April 2009
    Portmarnock Community School
    Carrickhill Road
    Portmarnock

Tickets are €15, OAP and Students €13, all tickets €12 for the tuesday show.
    Bookings 086 8050 243

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Is it possible to buy tickets there beforehand or do they have to be booked over the phone? I'd love to go to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheKat

We'd love to have you!
    If you want me to put tickets aside for you at the door for a certain night, let me know. Then you can pay when you arrive. Otherwise it is possible to buy at the door on the night, the Friday/Saturday tend to be busier though so I'd recommend booking for one of them just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Titanic Shemsa Tire,Tralee, Kerry Sunday 19th April 09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 EI787

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you all know about a Musical I'm involved in (I'll be playing the piano in it) which takes place next week.

'We Will Rock You', presented by St. Peter's College, Dunboyne, Co. Meath, will be staged in Solstice Arts Centre, Navan, on Monday 27th, Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th April at 8pm Nightly. That's next week!!

Tickets are €15 and are available from http://www.solsticeartscentre.com or by calling (046) 909 2300.

'We Will Rock You' is a jukebox musical, based on the songs of Queen. The musical was written by English comedian and author Ben Elton in collaboration with Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor. 'We Will Rock You' is a futuristic tale which tells of a massive corporation - Globalsoft - which sends computer generated music to all of the people on the planet. Singing, musical instruments, and any expression of creativity, are banned. But Lost Texts are known to exist which talk of music from years gone by. A group of rebels (the Bohemians) strive to discover the lost music, and bring down the corporation.

The musical was performed in Dunboyne last month and was so succcessful that the decision was made to bring it to Navan.

It really is a fantastic show and you won't regret going! It's not just your typical School Musical - you will be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

padocon wrote: »
    Titanic Shemsa Tire,Tralee, Kerry Sunday 19th April 09

Was AMAZING!! Well done you guys! Best €17 I've spent all season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

athtrasna wrote: »
    Was AMAZING!! Well done you guys! Best €17 I've spent all season!

I herd the same, missed it, it was booked out! It will be back due to popular demand!

SHOW: YOU CANT STOP THE BEAT!
    (Features hair spray)
    Presented by Brain Carr Stage School.
    Friday 24 & Sat 25 April, Tentain Theater, Ballybunnion
    Sun 26 April Shemsa Tire Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Ok so we've got 4 more days to our opening night of possibly one of the top shows this year ,SO in case you havnt seen it advertised around town ,the Rathmines and Rathgar muscial society are putting on Mel Brooks classic show The Producers ,opening in <an mcd venue> for a limited run from the 28th April .
    Find out more here
    http://www.randrmusicalsociety.ie/upcoming_show/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dramabob

Now that we are free to discuss MCD events/venues again...

DCU’s Acclaimed Production of RENT Returns!

RENT, Jonathan Larson's Rock Musical tale of AIDS, Homelessness and the Bohemian Lifestyle will be making its return to the Irish stage at The Olympia from the 15th - 20th of June 2009!

After 12 years on Broadway, 5,124 Performances, 4 Tony Awards, 1 Feature Film, the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and our recent triumphant run at The Helix, John Donnelly and DCU will be reprising RENT for 6 performances only at Dublin’s Historic Olympia Theatre, starting Monday the 15th of June 2009.

DCU Drama's March 2009 production at The Helix sold out and received universal acclaim from both within and outside DCU. Reviewers raved about the professionalism of the show, comparing the quality of the all-student production to that seen on Broadway or the West End.

DCU Drama will be reprising RENT at The Olympia, one of Dublin's oldest and most respected performance venues, in what is a first for an Irish University Society and a major coup for DCU's brightest young stars.

Director John Donnelly is returning to the helm of our talented cast for the 6-performance run, which will open on Monday 15th June 2009 at 8pm and run until Saturday 20th.

Tickets are on sale now from www.ticketmaster.ie.

rentboheme.gif

--
    RENT - the Musical 2009
    June 15th - 20th 2009, The Olympia

Click here to buy RENT tickets!
    RENT on Facebook
    RENT Discussion on the AIMS Website

We’ve Got Magic to Do!

Bray Musical Society invite new members to join us as we begin preparations for our next show.

Pippin, the acclaimed musical by Stephen Schwartz (Godspell, Wicked) will be presented in the Mermaid Arts Centre, Main Street, Bray, Co. Wicklow from November 24-28 2009. Directed by Jim Walsh, with Caitriona ní Threasaigh as Musical Director and Nicole McDonald as choreographer, it promises to be a spectacular show and great fun for all involved.

If you would like to be part of this production, please come along to our forthcoming information night and rehearsals. Whether you’re 16 or 60, there’s a place for you.

Preparations for the show begin on Tuesday 25 August 2009 with an information night and an introduction to the music of Pippin. Full chorus rehearsals start in earnest on Thursday 27 August with auditions for named parts to take place the following week. All rehearsals take place at 8pm in St. Cronan’s School, Vevay Road, Bray.

For further information you can contact the society by email to braymusicalsociety@gmail.com, calling us on 086-2663250 or by joining our Facebook group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Glasnevin Musical Society prestents Showstoppers in the National Concert Hall on the 5th December. Tickets are on sale now. Matinee tickets are €25 and the evening show ranges between that and €35 I think.

It's shaping up to be a fantastic show. All of the big songs from your favourite musicals and some Christmassy stuff in there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Looking forward to the GMS show myself...Rehearsals here I come ;-)

Booking now!! Not to be missed, I promise :D

"Join us…sit where everybody can see." That's what we're hoping you will do in late November when Bray Musical Society brings you the story of Pippin, a man determined not to waste his life in "commonplace, ordinary pursuits" and who wishes to achieve something "completely fulfilling" with his life. But as he confronts that task both Pippin and you will realise that all is not what it seems, that other people may have different goals and that sometimes it is the most ordinary of things that are truly extraordinary.

First produced on Broadway in 1972, this is an opportunity to see this rarely performed Stephen Schwartz (Godspell, Wicked) musical. A musical that will entertain and delight you but also asks questions about life, the pursuit of achievements and what true happiness is. "We've got magic to do…just for you" With our Simple Joys we will show you in just No Time At All that we have Glory in every Corner of the Sky! Join us, We've Got Magic to Do!!

nray_pippin_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

Hi all,

Just to let you know that UCD Musical Society will be performing The Wedding Singer, the musical in the Astra Hall in UCD, from the 10th - 13th November.
    It's based on the film with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, and it's hilarious!

Tickets are €10 for students and €15 for non-students. They can be bought from stands on campus, or online at www.ucd.ie/musical

Come along!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

LadyJ wrote: »
    Glasnevin Musical Society prestents Showstoppers in the National Concert Hall on the 5th December. Tickets are on sale now. Matinee tickets are €25 and the evening show ranges between that and €35 I think.

It's shaping up to be a fantastic show. All of the big songs from your favourite musicals and some Christmassy stuff in there too!

Tickets for the evening performance are nearly sold out but there's still plenty left for the matinee. It's really going to be amazing so if you haven't booked yet then do so quickly!

(You may even get to see me fall off the stage by accident!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Poncho64

Hi All,
    Newcastle West Muscical Stage Society are staging Willy Russels Blood Brothes on the following dates:
    Saturday 21st November Dromcollogher
    Sunday 22nd Knockaderry
    Sunday 29th Knockaderry
    All performances commence at 7.30pm and tickets are available on the night priced at €12.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Booking now!! Not to be missed, I promise :D

"Join us…sit where everybody can see." That's what we're hoping you will do in late November when Bray Musical Society brings you the story of Pippin, a man determined not to waste his life in "commonplace, ordinary pursuits" and who wishes to achieve something "completely fulfilling" with his life. But as he confronts that task both Pippin and you will realise that all is not what it seems, that other people may have different goals and that sometimes it is the most ordinary of things that are truly extraordinary.

First produced on Broadway in 1972, this is an opportunity to see this rarely performed Stephen Schwartz (Godspell, Wicked) musical. A musical that will entertain and delight you but also asks questions about life, the pursuit of achievements and what true happiness is. "We've got magic to do…just for you" With our Simple Joys we will show you in just No Time At All that we have Glory in every Corner of the Sky! Join us, We've Got Magic to Do!!

nray_pippin_large.jpg

Opens next week....book now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

jpdceu.jpg

UCC's Got Talent --> Next Tuesday in The Crane Lane

Charity fundraiser between UCC LGBT and UCC International Development.

The entire proceeds are split between The SGMHP and The Rose project.

Tickets are a tenner and gets your your vote!

Includes free entry into Gorbys after or can stay till late in Crane lane with live music.

Over 15 amazing acts competing for UCC's Got Talent

Sasha Murphy from Your a Star also performing

Tickets for sale on the night and also from Boole Basement from 11 to 3 on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Just what the Doctor ordered to shake away those January Blues!!!!!!!!!

Sligo General Hospital Musical Society's annual Panto is back with.......
    Knight Fever!

The fair kingdom of Camelot is under threat from the evil Black Knight, and King Arthur, his knights and the magician Merlin seem unable to avert disaster! Brave Justin, a humble stable boy with dreams of becoming a Knight of the Round Table is quick to step into the breach and accept the quest to rescue a princess and save the kingdom - with only the help of a court jester and a dotty dame.

All the cast (who are all SGH staff) voluntarily give up their time for the production every year and the show raises thousands of euros which all goes to local charities and have Raised approx. €90,000 since the first year of the Panto!

Tickets available from http://www.hawkswell.com/events/index.php
    or call 071 91 61526

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 funnypicture1

TheKat wrote: »
    We'd love to have you!
    If you want me to put tickets aside for you at the door for a certain night, let me know. Then you can pay when you arrive. Otherwise it is possible to buy at the door on the night, the Friday/Saturday tend to be busier though so I'd recommend booking for one of them just in case.
    I had put tickets aside at the door for a certain night. I had do it with discription.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Manny_Quinn

Moderators, forgive me if this is the wrong place! But rather than pimping tickets, I'm pimping roles:

Love musicals? Can you sing and act? Ever wanted to originate a totally new part?

Coming in May, a brand new musical will be staged in Dublin as part of a fringe gay theatre festival.

Auditions for the four roles will be held soon.

3 male performers and 1 female performer are required. We are seeking people from 18 to 35 who are interested in getting involved.

Please contact mannyquinnmusical@gmail.com for more information.

And to note, involvement is on a volunteer basis, as profits from the musical will be given to a charitable cause. And in case you’re wondering, you don’t have to be gay to be part of the production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 UCDMusical

FOOTLOOSE - UCD COMMUNITY MUSICAL
    Belfield, Dublin 4, 09/02/10

UCD's upcoming production of the smash hit musical Footloose will take place this 17th to 20th of February in UCD's own O'Reilly Hall. Established as a community building initiative
    in 2008, and building on the success of its previous awarding winning productions of West Side Story and Guys & Dolls, the annual UCD Community Musical is now the largest event of the campus calendar with high expectations all round.

Show Synopsis:
    The story of Footloose wrestles with important themes - loss, marital breakdown (and the painful disintegration of the family unit), spirituality, repression, teenage rebellion, hope, love and the sense of belonging to a community. When Ren moves from Chicago to the small town of Bomont he shakes things up by forcing the townsfolk to question the propriety of a law that bans dancing in an effort to prevent young people from succumbing to the hedonistic dangers involved in growing up. Add brilliant songs like “The girl gets around, “I need a hero”, “Let’s hear it for the boy” and cracking chorus numbers like “Footloose” to the mix and you have a splendid piece of musical theatre that is guaranteed to get the feet of the audience tapping and send them home humming!
    The UCD Community Musical

The UCD Community Musical began in 2008 with the AIMS award winning West Side Story. The idea behind the Community Musical began as an initiative to help build a community spirit is UCD. Now in its third year following a spectacular production of Guys and Dolls in 2009 the UCD Musical has grown from Strength to Strength.

Information
    The show takes place in UCD's O'Reilly Hall from February 17th-20th. All evening performances take place at 7.30pm and there is a Saturday Matinee performance at 1.30pm on February 20th.
    Adult tickets €15
    Student and Concession €12
    Group €10 (8 or more)
    Family, (Sat Mat only) €25 for 2 adults and 2 kids, €30 for 2 adults and 3 or more kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

DMDS presents The Pirates of Penzance

Our show this year is the classic Pirates of Penzance. A huge cast of local and national singing talent presents this classic comic romance whose appeal is still undiminished 130 years after its initial showing. We will transport you to the magical world of Gilbert & Sullivan in which swash-buckling pirates, flat footed policemen, a bevy of blushing maidens and a model Major General provide the back-drop to the love-story of Frederick and Mabel. This classic show filled with old favourites provides a wonderful opportunity to hear the award-winning DMDS chorus and soloists at their best.

Bookings 01-2312929
    or
    visit http://www.paviliontheatre.ie

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=events#!/event.php?eid=299866264269

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Heel Stomper

ETC (Eglish Theatre Company) would like to invite you all to come along to The Market Place Theatre in Armagh to see our production of Back To The 80's - Its packed full of all the floor fillers from the 80's - Kids In America, Girls Just Want To Have Fun, Footloose, Video Killed The Radio Star, Glory Of Love, Let's Hear It For the Boy, I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) and many more - audience participation will be positively encouraged!! so dress to impress - the more mullets the better!!!

We are running from 21st - 25th April at 8pm, with a 2pm matinee on Saturday 24th, tickets are £12.50 & £10 for the evening shows (£8 for the matinee). Market Place Box Office: +44 (0)28 3752 1821

Advertisement