Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esb connection

• 27-09-2020 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi is it possible to get a temporary connection to new build (but to actual meter box?) currently in the middle of a build windows in but with winter closing in would be nice to not have to use the Jenny.

If not

Have quite a distance from nearest pole to house; approx 200m and has to go underground can I proceed with this if wiring not yet completed, again winter closing in and was hoping to get done before the land gets too wet for jcb

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

Dig the trench and put in the esb and telecom pipping with a rope through it to fish the wire at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭muddle84

I don't think its possible to get a temporary connection, wiring has to be complete in full and certified by your electrician before they will connect.

There is no guarantee they will want to connect to that nearest pole. Have you applied for your esb connection yet? They will assess the site and talk you through options once you pay the fee and get the ball rolling.

In my case once they surveyed the site they told me they can't connect to the nearest pole as i need a transformer. They installed a new pole and transformer connected to the existing line. If i had gone ahead and dug the trench without knowing all that the duct would have to be dug up again and re routed.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭briaineo

Hi

Thanks for the replies

Applied for connection today.

Yep a temporary connection to the meter box is not possible.

I could apply for the temporary builders connection but not worth the money.

Apparently they are 16 weeks behind due to the virus. Should have the wiring done by then.... maybe

briaineo wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks for the replies

Applied for connection today.

Yep a temporary connection to the meter box is not possible.

I could apply for the temporary builders connection but not worth the money.

Apparently they are 16 weeks behind due to the virus. Should have the wiring done by then.... maybe

When you get your offer letter, pay it straight away as they basically do nothing until its paid. They will survey the site after that and you can get your ducting done then.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭magnethead

They really are trying to put people off temporary connections, They are too busy for them. These prices are current as of 3 months ago.

How to stop people asking for temporary connections...well this is how
    Temporary Connection Charge
    +1900 Euro for the temp connection (separate temp connection charge from main connection charge)
    +413 Euro service alteration at the end

You would want to be right desperate to pay that for a temp connection, it's the Generator unfortunately.

• Advertisement

magnethead wrote: »
    They really are trying to put people off temporary connections, They are too busy for them. These prices are current as of 3 months ago.

How to stop people asking for temporary connections...well this is how

You would want to be right desperate to pay that for a temp connection, it's the Generator unfortunately.

You'd buy a fine generator for that money!

Advertisement