Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    September is now the busiest month of the year! (so far)

Not surprised, super busy in here these days :)

How are we compared to Sept 2019?

Sorry if this was asked/obvious, hard to keep track at the minute so much going on in here!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Not surprised, super busy in here these days :)

How are we compared to Sept 2019?

Sorry if this was asked/obvious, hard to keep track at the minute so much going on in here!

Already ahead of Sept 19. Surpassed that today as well.

Already ahead of Sept 19. Surpassed that today as well.

Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just thinking, with the clear increase of activity since loughc last updated us we must be smashing the posts total for september, especially with Tuesday & Wednesday still to come. Haven't seen so many active threads in a long time, a real sign that we're on the homeward stretch.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Just thinking, with the clear increase of activity since loughc last updated us we must be smashing the posts total for september, especially with Tuesday & Wednesday still to come. Haven't seen so many active threads in a long time, a real sign that we're on the homeward stretch.

Literally thinking the same this morning, even the weekend gone there was a hive of activity you can really see it picking up pace now, love it.

• Advertisement

Literally thinking the same this morning, even the weekend gone there was a hive of activity you can really see it picking up pace now, love it.

As i said on the other thread, 14 boldies since i was last on, Friday evening. Most, if not all with multiple posts too :)

At this stage September alone is set to surpass the total number of posts of Jun-Aug.

Ye are animals :pac:

At this stage September alone is set to surpass the total number of posts of Jun-Aug.

Ye are animals :pac:

Wow!
    I guess folk are simply craving Christmas this year.

I've noticed a lot of new non regulars getting involved too which is fantastic to see, fingers crossed we get plenty more as we inch closer to the most wonderful time of the year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ye are animals reindeer :pac:

FYP.

Wow!
    I guess folk are simply craving Christmas this year.

One of my friends last night shared something Christmassy on social media an he's not a big Christmas head, so naturally I messaged him going it's not like you to be sharing Christmas posts.

He said he wanted to share something positive to break up all the COVID doom and gloom and he said he was really looking forward to Christmas this year as he usually self isolates at Christmas so he can't see COVID disrupting his plans and it gives him time to switch off from everything going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yup, I think this year the forum is going to be mental busy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

More than ever people need some cheer and happiness in 2020, let's make it a good one :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jude13 wrote: »
    Yup, I think this year the forum is going to be mental busy
    Loughc and myself will be putting in for overtime. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Loughc and myself will be putting in for overtime. :pac:

You don’t already :pac:

This won't come as much of a shock but we've completely blown last Sept out of the water.

We ended this September 850 posts ahead of last Sept and 1,419 ahead year to date.

The last week in September had over 700 posts which was more than pretty much any other month (bar January) that goes to show the ramp up towards the end of Sept

There is great energy in here this over the past few weeks, I love hearing all the different memories being discussed. It's exactly what we need now.

Crazy busy in here these day. You go off for an hour come back and lots of new posts!

Loving the Best Santa present thread. Surprised it never came up before or maybe it did before my time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was busy at work today, and didn't get to look at the forum until bed time, when it took me about half an hour to catch up. Love it. :D

Posy wrote: »
    I was busy at work today, and didn't get to look at the forum until bed time, when it took me about half an hour to catch up. Love it. :D

Yep, have to set aside 30/45 mins every morning now to catch up from the evening before :eek:

This won't come as much of a shock but we've completely blown last Sept out of the water.

We ended this September 850 posts ahead of last Sept and 1,419 ahead year to date.

The last week in September had over 700 posts which was more than pretty much any other month (bar January) that goes to show the ramp up towards the end of Sept

There is great energy in here this over the past few weeks, I love hearing all the different memories being discussed. It's exactly what we need now.

I forgot to say we ended Sept off in style as the last day in September is now the busiest day of the year to date.

It's the busiest eclipsing the next day by 45 posts.

5 days in and we have already surpassed April and May's individual total number of posts for their months. :o

We have also passed 2016 & 2017's total number of posts for the year!

• Advertisement

5 days in and we have already surpassed April and May's individual total number of posts for their months. :o

We have also passed 2016 & 2017's total number of posts for the year!

We're going to set some bar for next year!! :D

We can add June to the list....
    We're going to set some bar for next year!! :D

I say if we can re-open everything next year there will be a serious dip, but I'm ok with that. People need to get away relax, go to gigs, holidays, etc.

So I'm making hay while the sun shines this year.

I say if we can re-open everything next year there will be a serious dip, but I'm ok with that. People need to get away relax, go to gigs, holidays, etc.

So I'm making hay while the sun shines this year.

In years to come, we can look back on 2020, not as the year of the Covid but the year of busiest Christmas Forum ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Next year might be even busier for those abroad that won't get home for Christmas will be longing for a Christmas at home

Who knows maybe in the New Year we will be all discussing what we have taken from this Christmas that we will certainly bring forward to other Christmas's

Maybe a slower pace Christmas at home will suit people and they will be longing for it

Very true Sarah, will be interesting to see in Jan, when the dust has settled on Christmas 2020, what was different, what people enjoyed, what they missed etc.

My own suspicion is that with Christmas 2020, much like the rest of the year, being quieter in terms of social gatherings & events that when this whole covid thing lifts (hopefully in 2021) that there'll be a collective OTT response purely through relief & a desire to mix & interract with the greater world again. Not saying everybody will, some may have come around to enjoying & preferring the quieter way of life, but I suspect many will go overboard & party like its 1999!! So christmas 2021 may be a cracker for many... we'll just have to wait & see!

Very true Sarah, will be interesting to see in Jan, when the dust has settled on Christmas 2020, what was different, what people enjoyed, what they missed etc.

I've said it before I genuinely think people will start new traditions this Christmas that might continue for years to come.

I've said it before I genuinely think people will start new traditions this Christmas that might continue for years to come.

Lets hope so, the more positives that can come out of this year the better :)

October 2019... you have been defeated...

Roaring ahead this month surpassing last years Oct total in only 13 days....

• Advertisement

October is now the busiest month this year surpassing the previous busiest Sept yesterday.

Advertisement