Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casio PX-770 as a first electric piano? People tell me I should go Yamaha.

• 13-08-2020 12:56pm

I regret not getting a piano a few years ago when I last put proper thought into it, so I'm just going to get one this time.

It's a bit of a splurge but from what I read and listen to on YT, I really like it, and I know from learning guitar that the quality of what you're learning on can have a genuine effect on your motivation.

People say Yamaha for quality control and that but I don't really know. I guess tomorrow I'll get to try a few different things and see what it's like in person. If I get the Casio, it comes with a two-year warranty.

Would it generally be a good idea if I liked the Casio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

With any instrument try several and get the one that grabs you.

go full sized keyboard, and you'll definitely want weighted keys.

have fun!

With any instrument try several and get the one that grabs you.

go full sized keyboard, and you'll definitely want weighted keys.

have fun!

The sale where that one was on wasn't actually a sale so it's a bit out of my price range.

Have decided I'm going to rent a cheap full sized one with weighted keys and midi out. Will do that for a couple of months so I can actually get a feel for it instead of going in blind when I do buy one.

Advertisement