Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping from the USA

• 07-06-2020 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Has anyone recent experience of bringing in a guitar from the UK via USPS?
    It's an parlour size acoustic, not sure of the weight yet, but I'd appreciate a rough idea of what USPS might charge to ship it. An update on what the possible VAT and import duty might be on a $250 guitar would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

From the UK or the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

tony glenn wrote: »
    Has anyone recent experience of bringing in a guitar from the UK via USPS?
    It's an parlour size acoustic, not sure of the weight yet, but I'd appreciate a rough idea of what USPS might charge to ship it. An update on what the possible VAT and import duty might be on a $250 guitar would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

For US try here: https://www.usps.com/international/mail-shipping-services.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Hi, before you even attempt to get prices, make sure you can legally ship it from the US. The CITES rules may apply depending on the woods used in the guitar. The general rosewood limit was removed in the last year but some woods still can not ship across borders without a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Granadino wrote: »
    From the UK or the USA?

Thanks for pointing out my error.....it should read 'from the USA'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I just ordered a pedal from the U.S last week which is about €190. Used Address Pal with An Post. It should be delivered to them in the states today so hopefully I will get it this week.

I will let you know if I get hit with charges. Hopefully not. :/

• Advertisement

Pedal finally arrived today. The kind AP people marked my parcel as $12.99 with $16.99 shipping so no charges :D I didn't ask for any of that. Delighted

Ordered a pedal from same spot. Cost about €170 converted with shipping added in. Got hit for about €55 VAT+Duty this time. :(

Advertisement