Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cruelty free brands available in Ireland

Comments

I'm not sure where to ask this so I hope it's ok here.

I'm looking for good but affordable hair conditioner. Vegan, cruelty free. I was using conditioning bars but I find them useless for my hair type. I was using bumble conditioner but it's around €33 euro for a (not very big) bottle and that's grand if you only use a drop at a time but I have very long, thick hair. It's only conditioner I'm looking for. I'm very happy with my cruelty free shampoo bars. I know there's the lists in the post above and I have lists myself but going through all the brands and trying to find something suitable has my head wrecked. I'm just hoping someone has a recommendation from their own experience. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

I'm looking for good but affordable hair conditioner. Vegan, cruelty free. I was using conditioning bars but I find them useless for my hair type. I was using bumble conditioner but it's around €33 euro for a (not very big) bottle and that's grand if you only use a drop at a time but I have very long, thick hair. It's only conditioner I'm looking for. I'm very happy with my cruelty free shampoo bars. I know there's the lists in the post above and I have lists myself but going through all the brands and trying to find something suitable has my head wrecked. I'm just hoping someone has a recommendation from their own experience. Thanks!

Try Love Planet and Beauty conditioner - separate shampoo available also. The largest Tesco’s should have it, I think it’s about 7.50 a bottle, there’s a few different blends etc available.

Goose76 wrote: »
    Try Love Planet and Beauty conditioner - separate shampoo available also. The largest Tesco’s should have it, I think it’s about 7.50 a bottle, there’s a few different blends etc available.

Thanks Goose. Love beauty and planet is one of those brands I'm finding it hard to get a definitive answer on whether it's truly cruelty free. It's owned by Unilever which aren't cruelty free. It can all be so confusing. I just want soft shiny hair with a conditioner from a company that doesn't test on animals or use animal ingredients and doesn't sell in China. Is that so much to ask?! :D Apparently so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Thanks Goose. Love beauty and planet is one of those brands I'm finding it hard to get a definitive answer on whether it's truly cruelty free. It's owned by Unilever which aren't cruelty free. It can all be so confusing. I just want soft shiny hair with a conditioner from a company that doesn't test on animals or use animal ingredients and doesn't sell in China. Is that so much to ask?! :D Apparently so!!

Hadn’t considered that! I assumed it was cruelty free as their packaging states vegan. Looks like I still have more research to do on my vegan journey!

Could you make your own conditioner maybe? Maybe just use coconut oil?

Goose76 wrote: »
    Hadn’t considered that! I assumed it was cruelty free as their packaging states vegan. Looks like I still have more research to do on my vegan journey!

Could you make your own conditioner maybe? Maybe just use coconut oil?

It's a mine field! Just when you think something is safe, you dig a little deeper and it's not. Even things certified by Peta aren't necessarily truly cruelty free. That's why I'm here. I want to take the easy way out! I just want someone else to have done the work for me! ;)

Coconut oil doesn't suit my hair unfortunately because I have loads of it! Love coconut oil, just not as a conditioner. :(

I'll look at making my own though. That could be the handiest thing! I'll look up some recipes now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

What about Superdrug? All their own brand toiletries is cruelty free. I use the cherry and almond one and bulk buy when its two for €3

Daisies wrote: »
    What about Superdrug? All their own brand toiletries is cruelty free. I use the cherry and almond one and bulk buy when its two for €3

Thank you so much daisies! Never even thought of superdrug because we don't have one where I live but I'll see if I can order online! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lozzapozza

Thanks so much for this list!

Advertisement