Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    yes you can. We had 300+ things in our list. most were simple things like "dirty handprint on the wall" or "white paint on door hinges".
    In the list we had a small number of things we wanted fixed, the rest were just dressing.

Get these sorted, then close.
    After you recheck the snag, some of these items wont be done. You walk around the house with a Ballymore snagger who says he will sort them.
    We found most of these items were still not resolved when we got the keys, so push for confirmation they are fixed or will be fixed, as its a lot more difficult to get them sorted after closing.

When I undertake snag lists I advise customers that unless it suits you otherwise do not sign until the snags are complete. You could possibly be fighting a hard battle to get them done as most builders will move onto the next customers who are due to pay and because there is no more monetary gain from you the incentive for the builder has gone!

Also do you want builders in your new home after you have moved all your lovely new furniture & carpets in & creating dust etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Hi all. I understand you have to sign contracts within 3 weeks to get the white goods included. Have any of you had any experience of whether a delay in signing meant you didn't get these included? Just want to know how strict this deadline is.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

They didn't enforce it in our case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

They didn't enforce it with us either and we had a long delay. In practice, I'd imagine they are reluctant to remove the white goods for delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Once there's a clear intention to proceed and the discussions between both parties are moving in the right direction, I think they're usually pretty ok and wont do anything drastic like pull the white goods.
    We rushed ours a bit to be honest because of sherry fitz being really annoying, but its best to take whatever time it needs, its an important document.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

mooninite1 wrote: »
    Hi all. I understand you have to sign contracts within 3 weeks to get the white goods included. Have any of you had any experience of whether a delay in signing meant you didn't get these included? Just want to know how strict this deadline is.
    Thanks!
    I would suggest to speak to your solicitor to ensure that the delay in signing the contract will not affect the free white goods. Our solicitor confirmed this with Ballymore solicitor since the delay in signing our contract was due to unresolved queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Anyone knows what was going on last night? I was woken at 12:30 by loud noise and music, which seemed to carry from a distance. Sometimes after 1 (last time I checked my watch), it went all quiet, only to start again later on and last through a large portion of the night. I wanted to call Garda, but couldn't determine which direction the ruckus was coming from, and the Garda rep at the community AGM advised us that the Cabra station was taking calls regarding antisocial behavior only from 9 to 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

thanks all for the comments. did any of you come up with any major queries on the contract? if o did you have any luck making changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Bruncvik wrote: »
    Anyone knows what was going on last night? I was woken at 12:30 by loud noise and music, which seemed to carry from a distance. Sometimes after 1 (last time I checked my watch), it went all quiet, only to start again later on and last through a large portion of the night. I wanted to call Garda, but couldn't determine which direction the ruckus was coming from, and the Garda rep at the community AGM advised us that the Cabra station was taking calls regarding antisocial behavior only from 9 to 17.

Its a well known fact that antisocial behavior ceases promptly at 5pm.

Seriously though, what's their logic behind not taking calls for antisocial behavior after 5pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Its a well known fact that antisocial behavior ceases promptly at 5pm.

Seriously though, what's their logic behind not taking calls for antisocial behavior after 5pm?

While it is still officially a 24 hour Garda Station it has limited personnel after 17:00.
    Although I believe that is being reversed this year and it will be returning to a fully manned Station .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

While it is still officially a 24 hour Garda Station it has limited personnel after 17:00.
    Although I believe that is being reversed this year and it will be returning to a fully manned Station .

So what happens if I ring up to report joy riding in the area at 17:30?
    Am i redirected to another station or do i ask the joy riders to come back again after 9am tomorrow?

From what I understood at the AGM meeting: If you want to report a crime, you call 112. If you wish to report antisocial behavior, you call the Cabra Garda station. You should be aware, though, that there is only one officer at the phone, from 9 to 17, and if the officer is on another call or away from the desk, you may not get an answer. In that case, or out of hours, you can e-mail the station.

But I'm still curious whether anyone knows what was going on. I was pretty hazy during the night, so I may be completely wrong, but it sounded like an outdoors party with music blasting from a car stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dor1971

We spoke with the Garda and the Management Company about this issue: It was a party in the penthouse of Meridian Court (apartment block at end of Bridge Ave). They have a very large terrace and had large amplifier speakers pumping out music. The Garda couldn't get down there until 4 am ish as they were busy on another incident in the Pheonix Park. On site security tried and failed to stop the party at around 1 ish.

Someone else local to the area saw a large group of teenagers outside same building last week (early evening) with same amplifiers having an on street rave. Lets hope it isn't a regular occurence!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

dor1971 wrote: »
    We spoke with the Garda and the Management Company about this issue: It was a party in the penthouse of Meridian Court (apartment block at end of Bridge Ave). They have a very large terrace and had large amplifier speakers pumping out music. The Garda couldn't get down there until 4 am ish as they were busy on another incident in the Pheonix Park. On site security tried and failed to stop the party at around 1 ish.

Someone else local to the area saw a large group of teenagers outside same building last week (early evening) with same amplifiers having an on street rave. Lets hope it isn't a regular occurence!

Doesn't the management company/security have access to the main electrical board, could they just send the whole apartment electricity down? I'd say they would get tired being in the dark after while and they would move somewhere else. I guess.

OrdeP wrote: »
    Doesn't the management company/security have access to the main electrical board, so they could just send the whole apartment electricity down? I'd say they would get tired being in the dark after while and they would move somewhere else. I guess.

In today's compo culture that would be too risky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

In today's compo culture that would be too risky.

Nothing to do with compo, anyone in the apartment could be hooked up to some sort of medical equipment. Unlikely in this case, but you never known with some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NeilFB

Hi everyone, this is a very useful thread!! I don't know if this was already discussed but has anyone noticed that the clock on the oven is slower than the clock on the microwave? If you set the two clocks to the same time the oven loses time and eventually there are a few hours in the difference. We contacted the kitchen company who are lovely to deal with and they replaced the oven but unfortunately it's still happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

NeilFB wrote: »
    Hi everyone, this is a very useful thread!! I don't know if this was already discussed but has anyone noticed that the clock on the oven is slower than the clock on the microwave? If you set the two clocks to the same time the oven loses time and eventually there are a few hours in the difference. We contacted the kitchen company who are lovely to deal with and they replaced the oven but unfortunately it's still happening.

Anyone noticed that the fan oven is really really loud?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Nothing to do with compo, anyone in the apartment could be hooked up to some sort of medical equipment. Unlikely in this case, but you never known with some people.

I was also thinking about cutting off their power. That was the standard procedure in apartment buildings where I lived before, and people usually took the hint.

Be it as it is, it's too late for that, so I just hope the apartment owner will be presented with a bill for disturbing the peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

gloria6232 wrote: »

Do the herons facing canal get any sunlight in the back garden?

Thanks

I used "find my shadow" to work out the Sun for the 4 beds facing the canal, you only get the Sun from late April till about September.
    Does anyone know when this Satelite photo would have been taken? I'm guessing Summer 2016 based on the progress of the development. There is a fair amount of Sun in the back garden of the Herons:

Gogle Maps

Google Earth

I can't find a date for the photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Keithchap wrote: »
    I used "find my shadow" to work out the Sun for the 4 beds facing the canal, you only get the Sun from late April till about September.
    Does anyone know when this Satelite photo would have been taken? I'm guessing Summer 2016 based on the progress of the development. There is a fair amount of Sun in the back garden of the Herons:

Gogle Maps

Google Earth

I can't find a date for the photo.

That was around May 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

We got the switch for the network installed today and all of the network points in all of the rooms live,  Took about 90 minutes,  The person who did it also supplied 8  CAT 6 network cables for us to connect our devices up, All I need now is the internet to be set-up, if anyone is interested I can post a picture tomorrow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

has anyone found a reliable garage for a car service in the area ?

As usual, can you PM me,please

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

John Mason wrote: »
    has anyone found a reliable garage for a car service in the area ?

As usual, can you PM me,please
    I will send you a place that can be walked too from RCP, Guys are very reliable, Handbrake switch went and they fixed it for a great price and they also fixed my NCT problems earlier in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Manion

So the speed bumps have been removed from bridge avenue. Already seeing people speed up down the avenue. It seems people view it as a main route as opposed to a road through a residential area.

cronos wrote: »

It's an F rated fan, it's loud and not very efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Do you have the model of the oven? Curious to Google it to see its actually rating.
    If it's really really loud it would sound like a fault to me, even the cheapest of ovens shouldn't be so loud - Google for others who have the oven to see if they share the same problem.

slayerking wrote: »
    Do you have the model of the oven? Curious to Google it to see its actually rating.
    If it's really really loud it would sound like a fault to me, even the cheapest of ovens shouldn't be so loud - Google for others who have the oven to see if they share the same problem.

I believe cronos was referring the extractor fan.
    I also find it very noisy, but very effective. So as long as it does the job I won't bother too much, at least for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

OrdeP wrote: »
    I believe cronos was referring the extractor fan.
    I also find it very noisy, but very effective. So as long as it does the job I won't bother too much, at least for now.

I was actually referring to the fan in the oven and not the extractor fan. I'm thinking it is faulty though, it's just so bad it couldn't be normal.

My extractor fan is very roughly finished and probably came out of the box that way. Is anyone else's the same?

• Advertisement

I was actually referring to the fan in the oven and not the extractor fan. I'm thinking it is faulty though, it's just so bad it couldn't be normal.

Grand. I think there's some fault there then. Mine's very quiet, you barely notice it is on and it's BER is A+ is not the best you can get, but is not F.

Advertisement