Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Hi. I'm looking for a current code if anyone can help me out. I'm travelling next month Belfast to cairnryan with either p&o ferries or stena line, there's only a few euros in the difference.

Hi
    Also looking for current codes for P&O or Stena from NI to Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Does everyone know that if you book your sailing on stenaline.ie up to 42 days in advance you can get a 30% Discount off the price of your sailing based on 2012 prices..... If you can book that far in advance it is well worth it.... Came across the info on coupon express http://www.couponexpress.ie/merchants/detail/stenaline-vouchers-discount-codes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Does everyone know that if you book your sailing on stenaline.ie up to 42 days in advance you can get a 30% Discount off the price of your sailing based on 2012 prices..... If you can book that far in advance it is well worth it.... Came across the info on coupon express http://www.couponexpress.ie/merchants/detail/stenaline-vouchers-discount-codes

followed those links but no where does it give me 30% discount? lets say booking feb car+1 89 e/w holyhead same as this year, so unless fares are going up 30% i cant see a discount,what am i doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

followed those links but no where does it give me 30% discount? lets say booking feb car+1 89 e/w holyhead same as this year, so unless fares are going up 30% i cant see a discount,what am i doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong because there's no new discount. It's just that they have higher standard brochure prices which in reality are always discounted. It's just a marketing gimmick.

A real discount offer will be accompanied by a booking deadline, or will require a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 timhawker

Just to update:

A627 is working and gave me a ~4.3% discount. It also gave me a Flexi fare. A778 and A793 didn't work.

• Advertisement

Just came across this blog where they seem to be updating stenaline codes http://stenaline-ireland-voucher-code.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Anyone have any up to date discount codes? I am looking to book for May, 4 adults plus car premium fare Belfast - Cairnryan is coming out at €555. A627 is still working, but it is only giving me 2.7% or €15 off. I could really do with a decent discount, I am finding year on year the ferry is just becoming very, very expensive.

ncmc wrote: »
    Anyone have any up to date discount codes? I am looking to book for May, 4 adults plus car premium fare Belfast - Cairnryan is coming out at €555. A627 is still working, but it is only giving me 2.7% or €15 off. I could really do with a decent discount, I am finding year on year the ferry is just becoming very, very expensive.

What date return? Any particular reason you need premium fare? Have you tried P&O Larne-Cairnryan?

leedslad wrote: »
    What date return? Any particular reason you need premium fare? Have you tried P&O Larne-Cairnryan?
    Dates are May 4th – 11th. My father likes to pay for the priority boarding and disembarking so feels the premium is worth the extra money. When you consider that you get snacks in the lounge and thus don’t have to pay for breakfast, it actually isn’t bad value for money. Plus, if there is a match on in Scotland on the Saturday, it’s nice to have access to the private lounge. P&O only seem to be taking bookings up until end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shadow1100

Hi. Does anybody have a promotion code for Irish Ferries Roslare to France.
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Only one I have is for 10% off and it is FRANCEC13.

GOOD LUCK!

Not sure if its been posted before, but for Super Valu customers who collect loyalty points, 50 points gets you 10% off flexi and premium prices with Stena Line. Was able to get the previous price off €555 reduced to €499.50. Happy days!

I've heard from a work colleague who travelled the same route as me at Xmas but on different days that it can often be cheaper to book thru a travel agent than to book direct online with ferry company. Worth the price of a phone call i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

leedslad wrote: »
    I've heard from a work colleague who travelled the same route as me at Xmas but on different days that it can often be cheaper to book thru a travel agent than to book direct online with ferry company. Worth the price of a phone call i guess.

Anybody got any suggestions of whom it would be best to ring?

Anybody got any suggestions of whom it would be best to ring?

My colleague used, http://www.donegaltravel.net/ no connection.

ncmc wrote: »
    Not sure if its been posted before, but for Super Valu customers who collect loyalty points, 50 points gets you 10% off flexi and premium prices with Stena Line. Was able to get the previous price off €555 reduced to €499.50. Happy days!

Well done! Don't know of any other working codes with this level of discount at the moment.

You would almost certainly be able to get an additional 5% of the amount spent back against future travel if you have a Stena Xtra card (you might be able put this booking on it if you haven't already) if you call Stenaline.

Additionally if you book through websites like fatcheese.ie, you might get another 5% cashback, though I'm not sure it would work if you put a SuperValu code in it. No harm in trying though.

Only one I have is for 10% off and it is FRANCEC13.

GOOD LUCK!

Nice one, just saved me €35! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Only going to the UK for a weekend, so there doesn't seem to be much discount available from agents. I'll try the code for France later and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

Hi,

The IrishFerries code for France: 'FRANCEC13' is still working as of 16/01/13. Just got 10% discount on Roslare-Roscoff with it

Cheers,
    R

Just received by email 20% discounts for both Irish Ferries and Stenaline valid throughout the year if you book by Jan 31.

Make sure you're on their email lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Just received by email 20% discounts for both Irish Ferries and Stenaline valid throughout the year if you book by Jan 31.

i never got one from IF i'm on their list :confused: a regular user also.

I'm on their email list as well. Never received anything.... Is it a personal code or are you allowed to share it?

The codes and links to the 20% discount are in the main BA forum, here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056861641

timhawker wrote: »
    The codes and links to the 20% discount are in the main BA forum, here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056861641

There is no codes in that link at all and it seems to me that this is the main forum for stenaline codes and not the other one....

There is no codes in that link at all and it seems to me that this is the main forum for stenaline codes and not the other one....
    From what I can see, there are no codes, it’s just a blanket 20% off, although it isn’t on all route, Belfast – Cairnryan isn’t included

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/book-now/blue-monday-20percent-off?=&utm_source=SL%2020130121_MondayBlues-exROI&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=SL%2020130121_MondayBlues-exROI

The link I gave gives the code ETS2013 for 20% off Irish Ferries, and also a link which automatically gives a 20% discount for Stena. Seems to be UK routes only booked before 31st Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks this is a bit of a farce, for a van booking anyway. I travel to the UK pretty regularly with my business and the price for a van has been pretty much consistent for the last year or so. Now for bookings from February, the price has jumped and is a whopping 0.80c cheaper compared to the regular price when you use the coupon. I'm guessing it will go back to the regular price after the offer period. It's even worse too as if I'm using this offer code to get a price 0.80c cheaper than usual, the trip won't qualify for the frequent traveler scheme.

I'm probably better off waiting til Feb 1st to make a booking and hope it doesn't stay at the new higher pre code rate for good...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thesiren

I've been trying to access the Stenaline website to see if the promotion code applies but it won't load up - anyone having the same problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

thesiren wrote: »
    I've been trying to access the Stenaline website to see if the promotion code applies but it won't load up - anyone having the same problems?

nope just booked with the deal :)

• Advertisement

For anyone planning to use Stena Belfast-Cairnryan, check also P&O Larne-Cairnryan, had an email from them offering £50 off flexi fare using code DGSH77JJK7

Advertisement