Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bitdefender Total Security 2018 - 5 devices for around €15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Cheers added another year on top of my existing sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Any better than just using a free anti virus like AVG?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Cheers OP - Mine was close to renewal, just renewed & waiting for the email :)
    cronos wrote: »
    Any better than just using a free anti virus like AVG?
    I've had it for the last 12 months and find it good

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kranbo

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Cheers OP - Mine was close to renewal, just renewed & waiting for the email :)

I've had it for the last 12 months and find it good

Another year banked - good offer - thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

Thank you, very timely for me as current Bitdefender subscription is up in about 1 month. Cheers OP great value at 15.55e.

Forgot to add, does anybody know if you Activate the newly purchased code early in your Bitdefender account will you lose your remaining days in your current subscription. I know with Norton you won't and not penalized for renewing early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Nice find. They seems to have overtaken Eset for protection in the last while. There's a handy independent AV comparison chart here (compares all the major players in performance, security, etc) : http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

alanowx wrote: »
    Forgot to add, does anybody know if you Activate the newly purchased code early in your Bitdefender account will you lose your remaining days in your current subscription. I know with Norton you won't and not penalized for renewing early.

Nope, the subscription stacks so you don't lost any remaining days

Anyone tried this after signing up for the first time. So not as a renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone tried this after signing up for the first time. So not as a renewal?

Yeah I did it earlier. It worked for a new subscription.

yellowbear wrote: »

But you went through the renewal screens anyway right. I got it to work that way. But did not work the normal payment way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

yellowbear wrote: »

How long did it take to get the activation email?

jcrowbar wrote: »
    How long did it take to get the activation email?

Whether your a subscriber or not 2 emails from Bitdefender/ Avangate will arrive within a couple of minutes of completing the transaction. I always choose the PayPal option to pay. One was an invoice and the other was the subscription confirmation with the activation code to activate. For non-existing subscribers there is also a link in the confirmation email where one can sign up for Bitdefender.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

recommended for android?

sweetie wrote: »
    recommended for android?
    Definitely.

In fact that's what I mostly use it for. For my main laptop I have a combination of Norton and Malwarebytes. I have Bitdefender on two android phones, one Tablet and a friends laptop. One phone is used for calls/data and the second is kept mostly as a backup so that I can remotely wipe the first if necessary and contains my 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) app for access to sensitive sites.

One has to protect ones phone these days just as much as your home computer but most people fail to see the risks if your phone falls into the wrong hands. It could be the weak link in your online security.

Your phone today gives immediate access to your email address, usually without the need to even log in, which is often used as recovery to reset ones login details for numerous accounts. Gaining access to that gives fraudsters the potential to lock you out of your own accounts.

It's worth spending the 15e just to gain access to Bitdefenders Anti-Theft features alone. You can remotely wipe your android device from your online account, remotely locate or lock, send message to it or let it scream. It can even take snap photos of the person after x number of failed login attempts, without them knowing, which you can then view in your account. You can also setup a trusted number, obviously different to the one in your main phone, which will receive a text message after a sim has been changed advising the new number.

So go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

cheers op 1 yr added to existing sub:)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Thanks op, signed up for a year and then immediately added another! 5 devices protected and the option to add 5 more for only Euro 9.99 more. Fabulous bargain,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Thanks op. Just bought my renewal a few weeks ago, decided to buy this as well to stack. So good for the next 710 daysðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Thanks op. Just bought my renewal a few weeks ago, decided to buy this as well to stack. So good for the next 710 daysðŸ˜

Didn't know that you could stack the deal, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Thanks OP, great deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Still working. Just did it now. Cheers:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Maybe I'm blind but where on earth do you enter the promo code?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pelvis wrote: »
    Maybe I'm blind but where on earth do you enter the promo code?

When on the shopping cart, there's a small box at the bottom. you put it in there.

So you can buy multiple of these and apply them to the same account right?

EDIT: Tried it and yes you can. I got 722 days showing. So I guess you could do it a few years ahead if you wanted.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's a great price, thanks OP!

Ugh, having an issue installing it now, saying it needs to remove Kaspersky first. However, Kaspersky was uninstalled years ago so there's nothing to uninstall and the last AV I had til today was F-Secure. I noticed a Kaspersky folder in Program Files x86 but that can't even be manually removed as it tells me that files within are open in another program! Argh!

Did anyone else experience this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

I didn't have your exact problem before but I did have similar with a VPN. I had to use an un-installer to remove the remnants of the program so maybe it's something you can try.

There is a couple of good paid ones such as revo uninstaller but even that wouldn't work for me, I ended up using iobituninstaller. This is the link >> https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php?

I suggest installing the free version and see from the interface if you can uninstall kaspersky or the other one and then go from there.

Hopefully this works for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Thanks OP, renewal just up at 69.99, renewed for 15.99! Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Great product, have used it for years.

You can stack subs, so I now see this message "Subscription expires May 11, 2020". Happy days.

byte wrote: »
    That's a great price, thanks OP!

Ugh, having an issue installing it now, saying it needs to remove Kaspersky first. However, Kaspersky was uninstalled years ago so there's nothing to uninstall and the last AV I had til today was F-Secure. I noticed a Kaspersky folder in Program Files x86 but that can't even be manually removed as it tells me that files within are open in another program! Argh!

Did anyone else experience this issue?

Most security programs have a Removal Tool which is always recommended to use when installing a different product.

Here is the link to Kaspersky own removal tool called Kavremvr. Download the zip or exe file at bottom of page. (Expand heading - "How to use this tool". Restart computer and hopefully you should be OK.

https://support.kaspersky.com/1464#block1

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

alanowx wrote: »
    Most security programs have a Removal Tool which is always recommended to use when installing a different product.

Here is the link to Kaspersky own removal tool called Kavremvr. Download the zip or exe file at bottom of page. (Expand heading - "How to use this tool". Restart computer and hopefully you should be OK.

https://support.kaspersky.com/1464#block1

Thanks for that, it worked a treat! I don't know why I didn't think of an AV removal tool...

Thanks, DubInTheWest too, as your uninstaller might well have worked too!

Bitdefender now up and running :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Holy sh@t, €48 renewal down to just €15! OP I love you!

Advertisement