Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-04-2019, 18:33   #61
Sir Dosser

Did anyone call Vodafone to see what deals they offer for broadband and mobile sim only combined?

Tempted to ditch virgin and go for fibre broadband and eir mobile for a year and see how it works out but not sure as I'm used to the reliability of Virgin broadband and Vodafone network!
Advertisement
15-04-2019, 18:42   #62
Baoithin66

Does anyone know if you are a new broadband customer can include the eir mobile connect - 30 Day option and the add another sim later without extending the original (broadband) contract?
15-04-2019, 19:41   #63
gomara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baoithin66 View Post
Does anyone know if you are a new broadband customer can include the eir mobile connect - 30 Day option and the add another sim later without extending the original (broadband) contract?
Yes I think you can I added a second SIM some time after my first one and it didn't affect the contract. The SIMs themselves are on a rolling 30 day contract.
Thanks from:
15-04-2019, 23:35   #64
funnyname

Is WiFi calling available on this plan?
16-04-2019, 00:16   #65
Fann Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyname View Post
Is WiFi calling available on this plan?

Yes.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-04-2019, 04:33   #66
scudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawnmore View Post
I've been with Eir in every conceivable variation (mobile online, mobile/landline/bb etc). The actual service has for the most part always been fine - very few times where something has been down. The issue is if something goes wrong, it's an absolute nightmare to sort through customer service.

Example recently was that my wife bought a phone on bill and they assured us int he shop the bill amount would stay the same as what she was paying previously. This of course didn't follow through on the 1st bill and it took 4 months to sort it out in total, with more 1 hour+ waiting time calls made that I'll like to even think back on.

That said, I wanted to change my package to the deal from this thread this morning and while I did spend 30 minutes waiting, I got through to someone in Cork who got our overall bill (broadband/landline/2 x mobile) down from 135 p/m to 54 p/m in about 5 minutes. So something may be changing.
how did they get that down? I'm on about 130 a month with broadband and 2xmobile
16-04-2019, 10:50   #67
Bawnmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudzilla View Post
how did they get that down? I'm on about 130 a month with broadband and 2xmobile
I'd love to tell you, but she did all the work. Main jump was my 30 day phone bill went from 35 to 9.99, but she reduced our broadband/phone package by bumping it down to off peak (we don't use the phone and best deal when we signed up was with phone package) and my wife's phone bill too which I would have seen as set costs.

Aside from changing my rolling contract, the following discounts were applied according to the email I got afterwards:

Promotion - 20 Euro off for 12 months €20.00 x 12 months ending April 2020
Promotion - 15 Euro off for 12 months €15.00 x 12 months ending April 2020
Promotion - 10 Euro off for 12 months €10.00 x 12 months ending April 2020

Last edited by Bawnmore; 16-04-2019 at 10:54. Reason: Just realised I started with "I'd love to tell you, but..." and then went on to tell you exactly how it was reduced.
16-04-2019, 10:59   #68
MOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomara View Post
Absolutely don’t work for EiR, I have no connection to them whatsoever other then as a customer, but I felt I needed to provide a slightly more balanced opinion on the service as I’ve experienced it..... it seems everyone who has experienced ok service is ‘lucky’. Maybe that’s true but keep an open mind, there are plenty of competitors who’d love to slag off Eir here too
Yeah, you got me, I work for an Eir competitor, and set up a Boards account 14 years ago in anticipation of this thread so I could join in and trash them

They've a long, long history of appalling customer service. There's nothing unbalanced about pointing that out.
(2) thanks from:
16-04-2019, 10:59   #69
Creamy Goodness

Having awful trouble trying to sign up to this as an existing eir mobile customer, keep getting bounced around departments, when I finally get through to the loyalty team the phone line picks up and then dies.

So frustrating!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-04-2019, 11:58   #70
Bawnmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
Having awful trouble trying to sign up to this as an existing eir mobile customer, keep getting bounced around departments, when I finally get through to the loyalty team the phone line picks up and then dies.

So frustrating!
I had tried a few times before I got through to someone who could help. Same as you - bounced around between departments until either it hung up, or I needed to.

When I got finally got through to someone who could help (customer retention team), I think I had selected the option to change or cancel my account.
16-04-2019, 13:54   #71
whosedaddy?

I had been looking at their half price SIMO sale before.
Got excited for a minute till I noticed they dropped the 100min international calls from the plan. suckers..
i would have switched otherwise.
16-04-2019, 14:33   #72
skinny90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Logins View Post
Is there any way to view the deals on this site without giving your email address?
john@john.com works
16-04-2019, 14:56   #73
monkeybutter
Banned

Quote:
Absolutely don’t work for EiR, I have no connection to them whatsoever other then as a customer, but I felt I needed to provide a slightly more balanced opinion on the service as I’ve experienced it..... it seems everyone who has experienced ok service is ‘lucky’. Maybe that’s true but keep an open mind, there are plenty of competitors who’d love to slag off Eir here too

there's nothing balanced about their customer service

why would they have just moved to 3 irish call centers if everything was ticky boo

you had to wait 45 minutes to connect to the loyalty team, this is basically sales

they dont prioritise eir customer for connections, they have service contracts with vodafone sky etc
Thanks from:
16-04-2019, 15:00   #74
B_ecke_r

Quote:
Yes I think you can I added a second SIM some time after my first one and it didn't affect the contract. The SIMs themselves are on a rolling 30 day contract.
it will recontract you on the system unless specifically noted on your account or a recorded call it will be new contract
16-04-2019, 18:36   #75
bromley52

Anytime I ring the 1800 number I am talking to someone in about 20sec.
Signed up there and €10/month isn't too bad. I'm currently with Vodafone PAUG and can wait until my 4 week period ends before activating the Eir SIM. Hopefully it all works out.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion