Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get glass frame glazed

• 28-01-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

I got a new prescription from Specsavers, & asked them to glaze my existing frames, which are fine from my perspective.

She went in back & returned saying the engineers deem that they can't be glazed as frame is too weak. She showed me where the arm was floppy.

I said this is just an arm on the frame, if its floppy the screw which joins the arm to the frame just needs tightening ? She had no more information & wouldn't budge. I asked for my prescription & left.

If I was cynical I'd say that they would prefer me to buy new frames.

As such, I'd like to bring my frame elsewhere to get my prescription filled.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Any update on this?

No replies yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A friend got a pair of varifocal from UK for £55.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 danny28ryan

Hi. I've just had 2 frames reglazed from UK with glasses2u. Co. Uk
    I had a similar experience with specs avers. Had my eye test. Then she priced up buy one get one free etc..... Varifocals and with a few modifications like thinning glass price came to over 500 euro. Then asked how much to just reglaze the glasses I was wearing..... 305 euro!
    I got my prescription and used the company I've mentioned in the UK. Sent 2 pairs over to them and I paid from memory about 200stg for 2 pairs.
    The process is very simple. They are excellent in responding to emails and I couldn't fault them.
    Any questions, then let me know.
    BTW if you are a new customer there is generally a discount that will be advertised before you commit to buying.
    Good luck!

Advertisement