Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from TK Maxx website - UK Billing address?

• 23-09-2016 8:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone bought from the TK Maxx website? Is there a way to get around needing a UK billing address? I know that I can use Parcel Motel for shipping but it requires a UK address for billing too. I've fallen in love with a pair of boots so I'd really love if anyone has s workaround!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I've never bought from TK Maxx online but for other websites that require a UK billing address I used my PM address as the billing address and it has always worked, might be worth a try see if it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

There is a workaround alright. I've done it before. Will have to check my work emails to remember as their customer service team contacted me through that. Will update when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Easy Rod wrote: »
    There is a workaround alright. I've done it before. Will have to check my work emails to remember as their customer service team contacted me through that. Will update when I can.

Yeah it looks like I used my normal billing address but changed the country to the uk. Should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I've used incorrect billing addresses before without any problem. I don't think they really use it unless something goes wrong, and I'm not sure what that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Fridge wrote: »
    I've used incorrect billing addresses before without any problem. I don't think they really use it unless something goes wrong, and I'm not sure what that would be.

Incorrect billing might be an issue in the US, where banks are much faster to issue chargeback.

In Europe I have used cards from various countries and have the items shipped all over the place - not once there was an issue with a billing address.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like I used my normal billing address but changed the country to the uk. Should work.

Thanks guys. Tried this today and no problems yet so hopefully it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Parcel Motel is the man for the job here should you require a backup plan. They even provide a UK phone number for you to use. Ordered before this way from TK Maxx and had no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I'd just be worried that I'd want to return them - would probably cost a bomb :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Shoes arrived yesterday so everything worked out! :-)

I have no need to return them so can't answer any problems on that side.

Advertisement