Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Non Smelly Fake Tan?

• 22-06-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Ok ladies (and lads?)

I've been trying different fake tans for years and I absolutely hate the smell when the start to develop. Some of them smell ok in the bottle and not too bad when freshly applied but all of them stank in the end. I hate the horrible smell that gets trapped in the duvet. I want proper fake tan not body lotion that takes a week to build up colour. Can anyone recommend one for me because I'm so tired of the pong!!!!

Kaz
    x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Tan Organic

I have yet to use it but a friend used it and its very good and got rave reviews on Ray Darcy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I use St Moriz.
    Its a mousse just like St Tropez but 6 euro for a bottle rather 30!

Its a bit lighter than it but the other great thing about it other than the price is the smell, there pretty much is none, and that opinion has also come from two fake tan hating men!

There are loads of reviews online and also tutorials on youtube if youre unsure the best way to apply but its dead easy.

Its not sold in boots though, i get it in my local pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use fake tan every week and I can't get rid of the smell, no matter what I try. There are loads of tans that promise no smell but no of them seem to work. The smell is a by product of the DHA reaction afaik so it would be v difficult to get rid of fully.

What I would recommend is:

Use two old towels for doing tan; one over your pillow and one wrapped around the top of the duvet, going over and under. This soaks up the smell and means it hardly gets on the duvet

Wear pjs that totally cover you to stop tan transfer

Scrub at your arm pits the next morning, I use an exfoliation glove. I find this gets rid of some of the smell that's there the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    I use St Moriz.
    +1 the one from Penneys,it looks like St.Tropez in a similar bottle.

Got it for €4 last week and mixed with normal body moisturiser its brilliant.Couldnt believe it. Its quite dark though so be warned..

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Ok I have to try this St Moriz one. Thanks for the tips re:towels etc as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 sh0egal

Vita Liberata is by far the best non smelling tan around....it genuinely doesn't smell and fades really good too, you don't get that dirty patchy look!!! I recently ordered it online from http://www.cheapsmells.com/viewProduct.php?id=78115 . And about getting it on your bed sheets etc...i was in Penneys recently and got one of those all in one pyjamas!!! Not the fleece ones, this one is jersey fabric...fantastic for tan nights!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

my friend got st moritz for 4euro in penneys and I remember thinking she didn't really smell of fake tan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

+1 for the St Moritz! I havent put tan on at night for over a year cos my boyf hates the smell but did this last week and he didnt notice - its tinted though so wear a pyjamas or it'll go on your sheets!! It has a faint smell but nothing youd notice too much.

The mousse is better than the spray I find but it can be tricky to put on your back as you can only really apply one layer and if you go over bits you'll just mess it up. Its the only tan Ive ever tried that looks good on my legs!

The colour is really natural as well - its not very dark but is darker than a gradual tan.

Has anyone seen a mit or something that enables you to put tan on your back? I dont have a bf to do it :o and i do be in contortions trying to reach below my shoulder blades. If theres nothing out there..it really should be invented. I dont think the middle of my back has seen tan in about 2 years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

anniehoo wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a mit or something that enables you to put tan on your back? I dont have a bf to do it :o and i do be in contortions trying to reach below my shoulder blades. If theres nothing out there..it really should be invented. I dont think the middle of my back has seen tan in about 2 years :D

St. Tropez have a back applicator. I made my own by putting one of those orange mits onto a back scrubber. Works grand for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

+1 for the St Moritz tan, doesn't smell at all and it's really good. Heard friends raving about it so gave it a go last week and it's great. A bit too dark for my liking though, does anyone know if I can add moisturiser or something to it when I'm applying it to make it a slightly lighter shade?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

i do use tantastic, its 20 euro a bottle but you get about 10 goes out of it and its very easy to put on, i use the tan mit to put it on and it good for covering up scars and marks.
    also sallyhanson doesnt smell but it washes off but quick and easy to apply for a quick fix :D

St. Tropez have a back applicator. I made my own by putting one of those orange mits onto a back scrubber. Works grand for me.
    Genius! Goin to try that later ;)
    Clare Bear wrote: »
    does anyone know if I can add moisturiser or something to it when I'm applying it to make it a slightly lighter shade?
    Yeh i mix it with body moisturiser to calm it down a bit. Works great! Have gotten about 5 half body applications out of it and theres loads left in the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Genius! Goin to try that later ;)

Yeh i mix it with body moisturiser to calm it down a bit. Works great! Have gotten about 5 half body applications out of it and theres loads left in the bottle.

Brill, it's a bit too dark for me so I'll give that a shot, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

The new st tropez everyday body lotion barely smells and gives a real nice color.....and you can usually find it on offer in chemists too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

You should always put tan on your back first to avoid smudging it elsewhere while contorting. Smear the tan on the BACK of your mit/glove and reach around, rubbing it in with the back of your hand. It's easier to reach further up your back using the back of your hand rather than trying to use the front.

Then again, I think I might be more flexible than is the norm so the back applicator might be a better bet.

Advertisement