Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Batch cooker, left out overnight, safe to freeze?

Options
  • 27-03-2020 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

*title should read 'batch cooked' , not batch cooker*

As the title says, I batch cooked yesterday evening. I made a bean stew with chorizo and tinned tomatoes. It was ready at 7pm. I put portions into sealed containers, waiting for them to cool before I froze them. Problem was, I went to bed and forgot to put them in the freezer and saw them all on the worktop this morning. I put them into the freezer at 7am this morn. Are they safe to freeze after being out for over 12 hours after cooking, bearing in mind they would have still been warm in the containers for a few hours after initially cooking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Should be alright, especially depending on the temperature in the room overnight. The fact that they were in sealed containers makes them safer.
    Maybe use them sooner rather than later and make sure the defrosting and reheating is done correctly.
    Defrost in microwave so time from freezer to table is short.

If the room is very warm overnight and they were still warm to the touch I would be more wary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:
    Food safety advice is forbidden in this forum. Better to google a food safety website with information that you can trust.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement