Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tips Thread II (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

• 23-11-2017 5:44pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭

As with the fancies thread, a fresh start is needed!

I know we all have opinions and not everyone will get on, but the nonsense that has been ruining the other threads must stop. If you have nothing to add to whatever discussion is going on, keep quiet. Any issues with a post, report it.

Important Note: Forum bans of varying lengths will be handed out to ANYONE who tries to drag the thread down, no questions asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Got word for Squire lingfield 3:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Unlucky ASOT. Collared on the line by a 20-1 shot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Was told Narjes is to win the first at Chelmsford

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Was told Twiggy expected to go well i the 5.45 Chelmsford fwiw, hopefully better than the last one, Fran Berry wasn't at his best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Got a tip for Calypso Joe in the 7:00. Form figures look dreadful though so back it at your own wish. Value seems to be gone was 50/1 earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Got word for Wicked Willy 11/2 in the 2.10 at Taunton

Edit: Taunton instead of Southwell

hefferboi wrote: »
    Got word for Wicked Willy 11/2 in the 2.10 at Taunton

Edit: Taunton instead of Southwell

Just got up to win. Lovely

Got word that Benbatl expected to go well in the 4-15 Mayden. 7/4 favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I think cape byron will do him :D

or not! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well done again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,862 ✭✭✭thesandeman

On a roll. Nice.

Winner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Great start. Good man

Word for Kens Sams 22/1 bet365 14/1 PP 5.00 Dundalk. Has no form so I’m only backing small ew myself.

Word for Kens Sams 22/1 bet365 14/1 PP 5.00 Dundalk. Has no form so I’m only backing small ew myself.

Shocking!

Good word for Shannak 6/1 2.05 Fairyhouse. Expected to run a big race tomorrow.

Keep this thread ticking over

Very unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

6.0 chunkyfunkymonkey

I Dont know where it came from and doesn't really jump off the page but someone fancies it.
    Lad just gave me this, said the last time he got a tip from this source was pateen back in July.
    I've no idea so don't shoot the messenger. My fiver ew is down.

50s pp/betv

Got very reliable word for Farclas in the 13.15 leopardstown. He’s 9/4 but up against a strong fav who beat him last time out but the source of the tip is very good.

Got very reliable word for Farclas in the 13.15 leopardstown. He’s 9/4 but up against a strong fav who beat him last time out but the source of the tip is very good.

Bastard! Fav was well beaten and all

• Advertisement

4.20 Lingfield
    Pride of Angles 13/8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭ballyargus

the O'Brien nag in the 2100 at Dundalk around 2s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Cheltenham 2.50 Cogry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

A guy in my taxi who is friends with the owners,says More Music in the last at Hexham has been primed for this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

vandriver wrote: »
    A guy in my taxi who is friends with the owners,says More Music in the last at Hexham has been primed for this race.

Well done for posting, race voided, Alot of owners fancy their own horses which is understandable,but comes with a caution warning, hopefully I will have something in the future, thanks again for resurrecting this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I thought this thread was defunct and many punters might be better off if it was.

However i used to put up a few tips myself and its up to punters to make their minds up on whether or not to back them looking at the record of those putting up tips.

After that preamble i am putting up a tip,i was told that CASTLETOWNBERE trained by Paddy Twomey is smart,the gelding is unraced and i do not like like backing unraced horses but because the source is reliable i backed it ew at 7/1 and i am expecting a good run.He goes in the 7.40 Cork.

Phew!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I thought this thread was defunct and many punters might be better off if it was.

However i used to put up a few tips myself and its up to punters to make their minds up on whether or not to back them looking at the record of those putting up tips.

After that preamble i am putting up a tip,i was told that CASTLETOWNBERE trained by Paddy Twomey is smart,the gelding is unraced and i do not like like backing unraced horses but because the source is reliable i backed it ew at 7/1 and i am expecting a good run.He goes in the 7.40 Cork.

Thank you! (Not the first one of your's that I've but a few bob on, but the first from THIS thread - well done)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I dont like giving very short priced tips but i am told that FORBEARANCE is a"steering job" in the 7.05 Down Royal,evens everywhere so make up your own minds.

Putting up tips like this leaves one open to ridicule but i simply tell it as i hear it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

I dont like giving very short priced tips but i am told that FORBEARANCE is a"steering job" in the 7.05 Down Royal,evens everywhere so make up your own minds.

Putting up tips like this leaves one open to ridicule but i simply tell it as i hear it,

Easy

Advertisement