Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 13

Options
  • 07-05-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭

At the recent London showcase, the main producer David Rutter, told to his guests that FIFA 13 will have 5 major improvements and we will list them below:

First Touch Control
    One of the first things to do at FIFA 13 was to implement a more realistic ball control. Now it will be more difficult to control a receiving ball with your player. It all depends on the strength, the speed, the ball height and the technical skills of your player to achieve the control of the ball and run with it.

Player Impact
    Another feature that got improved is the player impact engine. There will be no more unrealistic animations in the players challenges! The engine has been optimized and new a set of impact values ​​has been added at the hip and the upper body area.

Complete Dribble
    In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction, in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!

Tactical Free-Kicks
    The free-kicks got a new free kick system. Up to three players can now gather around the ball and make fun of the opponent’s defense and goalie. You can now feint a direct shot and adjust it to a player who comes off the wall. Also the defense set pieces have been improved to go with the new free kick system.For example, you can make a defensive team with more players into the wall and send out a player to block the ball.

Attacking AI
    The offensive Artificial Intelligence got a huge improvement. The CPU-controlled players got better running routes and better guessing options of where you pass the ball. Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders, waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

Beside all of these improvements, David Rutter still wants to make other upgrades to the game such as new passing types, new shot rotation moves and new goalkeeper animations. Also the cheering animations have been adjusted to the current football atmosphere. One last thing he really wants to improve is the referee!

The graphics in FIFA 13 will also have a big update after EA Sports adopted the new Dimensional Imaging software to boost player likeness! Full article here.

Pics (too big to embed here)

http://i.imgur.com/eGSXS.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My predictions:

First Touch Control
    One of the first things to do at FIFA 13 was to implement a more realistic ball control.Now it will be more difficult to control a receiving ball with your player.It all depends on the strength, the speed, the ball height and the technical skills of your player to achieve the control of the ball and run with it.

Will have no effect on the game at all.

Player Impact
    Another feature that got improved is the player impact engine.There will be no more unrealistic animations in the players challenges!The engine has been optimized and new a set of impact values ​​has been added at the hip and the upper body area.

There will be unrealistic animations in the players challenges! Especially at the hip and upper body area.

Complete Dribble
    In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction,in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!

Yes it will.

Tactical Free-Kicks
    The free-kicks got a new free kick system.Up to three players can now gather around the ball and make fun of the opponent’s defense and goalie. You can now feint a direct shot and adjust it to a player who comes off the wall. Also the defense set pieces have been improved to go with the new free kick system.For example, you can make a defensive team with more players into the wall and send out a player to block the ball.

Free-kicks will either be too difficult or too easy to score from.

Attacking AI
    The offensive Artificial Intelligence got a huge improvement. The CPU-controlled players got better running routes and better guessing options of where you pass the ball.Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders,waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

Players making intelligent runs? I'll believe that when I see it.

Very synnical, yes, but every year they tell us of a few things that will TOTALLY REVOLUTIONISE THE WAY WE LIVE OUR EVERYDAY LIVES and in reality these things are either non-existent, or barely effect the game in any way.

I think FIFA 13 will be good, but it wont be for any of those back-of-the-cover bull**** selling points.

Agree with ya on the new passing system.

Two years ago we got new passing system that was meant to make it harder for bad players to give accurate-consistent passes. 360 degree passes were apparently gone and they added the new power meter(perfect position marker)
    ....it had no effect.

Last year they added the player vision which was meant to see the end of ping pong passing and continuous one touch play.
    ....again it sounded much better in theory.

No doubt more of the same with the new passing in that regard.

The one part that's kind of confusing me is in relation to the dribbling.
    ''In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction,in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!''
    I don't get in what sense they mean this.
    Does it relate to getting a skilled dribble without holding L2+R2 or does it mean you can't control the ball close enough to round somebody without using a skill move :confused:
    Or the last option would be by running at someone and using quick changes of direction to open space, which I use a lot...... does it mean I won't be able to control the ball while changing directions to create space :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sounds like the promises from FIFA 11 to 12. I don't like the last part though. Attackers don't need to be smarter because players will just find the most direct tactic that works. It's the AI defenders that need to be tightened up & keepers need to be taught how to save finesse shots (especially the tricklers).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The one part that's kind of confusing me is in relation to the dribbling.
    ''In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction,in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!''
    I don't get in what sense they mean this.
    Does it relate to getting a skilled dribble without holding L2+R2 or does it mean you can't control the ball close enough to round somebody without using a skill move :confused:
    Or the last option would be by running at someone and using quick changes of direction to open space, which I use a lot...... does it mean I won't be able to control the ball while changing directions to create space :confused:

I think it's the quick changes. Shame, I use that alot too. It's the most effective against noobs who cant defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Getting the terrible joke out of the way early.

FIFA 13 "Unluckly for all"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Crowd chants need to be clearer and more aggressive for big games, big goals, bad tackles etc. Missiles on pitch, toilet paper, flares etc. Would be cool if they had the Barca anthem before and after Barca matches, the Poznan celebration (doesn't have to be mega, could just show a clip of a section of fans doing it).

It would be great if players over-reacted too. For example, throwing hands in the air when a foul is given in a sort of "I got the ball!" plead to the ref, or players getting in each other's faces after an incident and needing to be separated. Even during play have players getting animated like the goalkeeper flipping out at his defence for letting an attacker get a shot away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The refs definitely need to be improved.

Very frustrating when you get the ball cleanly in a standing tackle and you concede a penalty or free kick which costs you the match.

Although its realistic that you don't get some decisions for or against, it's really frustrating.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Complete Dribble
    In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction,in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!

Can someone explain what this means? Either I'm not getting it or it is actually written in some mysterious coded language.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Can someone explain what this means? Either I'm not getting it or it is actually written in some mysterious coded language.

EDIT: I've just re-read the tag line of the description ''Complete Dribble'', and I think now it's to do with close control of the ball when you're going forward-backward-up-down, basically changing directions to all 4 corners like a mad man.
    Sounds like they've added a penalty in control for that.

EA lads coming out on Twitter saying it's fake. Not a massive surprise - fairly generic promises, try to get some early hits...

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    EA lads coming out on Twitter saying it's fake. Not a massive surprise - fairly generic promises, try to get some early hits...

Wouldn't be surprised, don't ever remember any details before July any other year. That appeared to the media launch towards the next installment(I think there's an expo just before E3 as I've seen the presentations before).

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭dhmusic

Off the field, I hope they get rid of the useless stadiums with the shadows across the pitch, you can't see the ball with some of them. The snow is crap aswell, as soon as the ball is in the air it dissapears in the white out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

control having to do with player skill is something that should have been expanded on in the past. They should incorporate it into passing and make players with low passing be unable to 1 touch pass.

Defensive AI needs to be improved and standing tackles weakened. The ease at which you can win and control a ball with a standing tackle is highly unrealistic a lot of the time and needs a bit more unpredictability. When someone does a pass and move defenders should track the run, not just stand there. Do away with contain and make it so people have to move players into channels to defend

Players should react to passes even if they're not aimed at them. The way they stand there and stare at balls that go one foot away from them.

I'm quite happy with attacking if they improve defensive AI so people can't exploit passing. Dribbling is pretty great as it is. Make passing weaker and leave dribbling the same and they are on to a winner imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RYZE

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Crowd chants need to be clearer and more aggressive for big games, big goals, bad tackles etc. Missiles on pitch, toilet paper, flares etc. Would be cool if they had the Barca anthem before and after Barca matches, the Poznan celebration (doesn't have to be mega, could just show a clip of a section of fans doing it).

It would be great if players over-reacted too. For example, throwing hands in the air when a foul is given in a sort of "I got the ball!" plead to the ref, or players getting in each other's faces after an incident and needing to be separated. Even during play have players getting animated like the goalkeeper flipping out at his defence for letting an attacker get a shot away.

I agree with all that. A lot of the little things mentioned above would make FIFA much better. Also, better trophy presentations and celebrations. Some confetti and players sitting down near a trophy (which looks like it's made from paper) isn't a proper celebration.

Look at that. That's PES6, for Gods sake! Surely FIFA 13 can do something like that. Some medals, a podium, running around with the trophy. Pull the finger out, EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

All i want is 2 v 2 ranked. Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Unearthly wrote: »
    All i want is 2 v 2 ranked. Simples

This 100%. However generally sorting out 2v2 in general would be an improvement. Its a joke atm, between constant freezing, team 'errors' and the layout is a mess:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

All this will be is FIFA 12 with updated teams, jerseys etc. However, I'll still end up buying it so more fool me.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

Paully D wrote: »
    All this will be is FIFA 12 with updated teams, jerseys etc. However, I'll still end up buying it so more fool me.

I won't complain... I love FIFA 12!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

http://www.theplayer.ie/2012/05/fifa-13-in-the-making/

Review of FIFA 13 so far from the recent producers day in Guildford

The problems with improving attacking intelligence is that the AI defenders at the difficulty they have online games at means that they don't track runs. They compensated for this in Fifa 12 by standing tackles being insanely overpowered. I didn't like that too much and it seems they are trying to create a more run orientated game.

This is good news for me as that's how I like to play but players should focus on intercepting passes rather than being able to completely go across a player with a standing tackle and win the ball clean without getting the player as would happen in a real game with a lot of those tackles.

A little worried that defenders will be left for dust, but we'll see how things get tweaked over the next few months. Strength is going to be hugely important now with the push-pull mechanic and first touch.

Also, I play with a focus on interceptions, but that brings about the other problems that people don't like. AI teammate pressure. And to be the bearer of bad news, contain defending (A) looks the same.

Links to preview and interview if ye are interested.
    http://clickonline.com/games/preview--fifa-13/10191/
    http://clickonline.com/games/interview--david-rutter-(fifa-13)/10192/

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love if they made the fans in the stadium alot more realistic,like if your team scores they jump around a bit and then if the other team scores your fans stand still the other fans celebrate.

Also better A.I and balance out the difficulty settings in career mode

another cool feature would if you went in for a tackle and it was bad the two Player had to be separated :D

I don't like the sound of this part:
    The first touch is the next thing EA have decided to remodel. In a short clip they showed us Brazilian international Ronaldinho taking the ball down from a high lofted cross with extreme precision and break for an attack. It’s really quite a difficult move to try. They then showed us a generic FIFA 12 player with an overall of just 50 doing the very same thing, and that highlighted how easy it was to receive the ball in FIFA 12. In the new game first touch has been given a much need dose of reality. The margin for error in receiving crosses and aerial through balls is now quite high

That sounds to me as though it will encourage a hell of a lot more negative noobish ground passing.
    I play a LOT of long balls, I measure them well and play them wide(from CB) or to the strikers(from wing back over the heads of the midfielder he's trying to block the ground pass with).
    This addition sounds like it will kill long passing and turn the game into a ground fest where anything over 20 yards away is out of range.

Also makes crossing sound like less of an incentive and will result in even more cutting inside.

Also have to laugh at this particular line
    They then showed us a generic FIFA 12 player with an overall of just 50 doing the very same thing, and that highlighted how easy it was to receive the ball in FIFA 12
    .... In my opinion they went too far with limiting weaker players physical attributes, as if the worse a player is the weaker, slower and less agile stats he gets. Those stats have no bearing on ability and really makes playing with lesser star teams a chore.
    Now theyre adding that a LOI style player doesn't have the same touch of a ball that a top class player would have so we need to correct it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bagsy Chelsea!!!!

I don't like the sound of this part:

That sounds to me as though it will encourage a hell of a lot more negative noobish ground passing.
    I play a LOT of long balls, I measure them well and play them wide(from CB) or to the strikers(from wing back over the heads of the midfielder he's trying to block the ground pass with).
    This addition sounds like it will kill long passing and turn the game into a ground fest where anything over 20 yards away is out of range.

Also makes crossing sound like less of an incentive and will result in even more cutting inside.

Also have to laugh at this particular line .... In my opinion they went too far with limiting weaker players physical attributes, as if the worse a player is the weaker, slower and less agile stats he gets. Those stats have no bearing on ability and really makes playing with lesser star teams a chore.
    Now theyre adding that a LOI style player doesn't have the same touch of a ball that a top class player would have so we need to correct it :rolleyes:

If measured well, you should be ok. Once the player has a bit of space and ready for the pass (positioned well, not racing at it, etc) the touch is well taken.

Very few LoI players do have the same level of control as the likes of Messi, but there's more than just that being used.

CLICK: How do you balance the first touch control for lower skilled teams so they’ll still be fun to play and people will want to use them?

DR: So it’s based on not just the skill of the player, but the context of the ball and the player too. So, making sure that the outcomes are, I always say “predictably unpredictable”, which is kind of a sort of oxymoron, but isn’t if you think about it. The idea that the outcomes are simulated accurately so we actually…the skill of the player, the spin of the ball, the bounce of the ball, the position of the player, how that player is moving or not, whether or not he’s being pushed or not in the back, etc. all contribute to the success or the error on the trap of the ball. And at that point, we’re very happy with the outcomes. That said, what’s in the build out there is probably a bit too much at the moment, but throughout the next six months we’ll be tuning that for everything, just to make sure it’s perfect.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

As far as manager mode goes (I know its not used as much as UT), I'd like to see deadline day improved again. Give us the full 24 hours. It's head wrecking when a deal comes through and you don't have the time to make a bid for a replacement player.

Also, stamina needs improvement. IRL, players can play a huge amount of games in a row. In FIFA, it's 2 in a row, and you're lucky to get the players out without injury.

Speaking of which, way too many random injuries. A player jumps for a ball, and suddenly he's down with a four month long injury.

Overall, it was much improved, but there's still a bit to do.

Love the way he goes on about predictably unpredictable, yet 99% of standing tackles in FIFA 12 no matter what angle the defender comes in at are successful, be it a player with 60 strength tackling a player with 80 strength. I mean I was playing there today and Pazzini off Inter made a one touch standing tackle and shrugged off Badstuber like he wasn't there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

On manager mode be great if ya could move clubs as manager mid season or when ever an offer came in, make it a bit more realistic and have other clubs managers be sacked for poor runs be pretty cool like, also on manager mode i agree on the stamina thing sometimes its like you need two bloody 1st teams to compete in all competitions

the game play itself isn't bad, I do find corners and free a bit random ya know when you're crossing in headers can and will go anywhere

Be also cool if international tournaments ran through career mode like as well imangine being manager of stoke or someone then Ireland come in for ya, **** that im staying with stoke lol

Advertisement