Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 13

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

sonnky wrote: »
    Where is the best site to pre-order? Amazon is 60e without delivery, play.com 67 free delivery. How much for delivery on amazon anyone know. BTW its Ultimate edition I want.

I posted a few pages back about Gamesnash's deal on boards - they are an Irish retailer. I wouldnt bet on you getting the game on time of either Amazon or Play if you want it on the day of release to be honest where as with Gamesnash its pretty much guaranteed and they are Irish, if you are going to order online may as well order locally.
    Axwell wrote: »
    Guys anyone thinking of preordering check out the more the merrier offer Gamesnash are running.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720877

Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sonnky wrote: »
    Where is the best site to pre-order? Amazon is 60e without delivery, play.com 67 free delivery. How much for delivery on amazon anyone know. BTW its Ultimate edition I want.

Like above, Gamesnash are selling the ultimate edition for 64.99 with free delivery in Ireland and almost guaranteed to get it release day (I got a few releases on the Thursday even) Plus, you get a free voucher if you leave your boards user name when you buy it.

http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=lo7u99fv2ei7vnb9ocggcvd7l7&keyword=fifa+13+ultimate&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Parawind wrote: »
    How recent is that footage? Because if thats the engine then they changed almost nothing. Every pass, movement and shot looked straight from FIFA12 with the exception of the ref dropping the ball for the injury to be kicked back.

Macken, you say this every year and fail to notice to the subtle things. You aren't going to notice alot untill you play it yourself. But just from the short video I noticed several things.

Early on in the video, Arsenal tries the traditional pass cut-back goal that goes in 100% of the time while the keeper just stand there. What happened here? The keeper lept accross his line and kept it out. It's at about 3:20 in the video. That's a huge improvement right there macken. It will change clubs dramatically too.

Many times players take big, realistic touches. I think at one point Walcott takes a massive one which I liked because it's true to life. :p

The player movement seems tons better when you are in possession. They hardly ever wandered offside. I particularly liked that shuffle sideways the milan player did to get away from his marker about halfway through.

Take a look at the Jenkinson shot at around 4:22. Can't recall many players hitting the ball like that in this years version. Looks like a set of new shooting animations to me.

The dropped ball was in this years version by the way, just offline.

Like I said, it's subtle enough but that is all you are going to see from a grainy youtube video. Atleast try it before you start laying into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Kirby wrote: »
    Macken, you say this every year and fail to notice to the subtle things. You aren't going to notice alot untill you play it yourself. But just from the short video I noticed several things.

Early on in the video, Arsenal tries the traditional pass cut-back goal that goes in 100% of the time while the keeper just stand there. What happened here? The keeper lept accross his line and kept it out. It's at about 3:20 in the video. That's a huge improvement right there macken. It will change clubs dramatically too.

Many times players take big, realistic touches. I think at one point Walcott takes a massive one which I liked because it's true to life. :p

The player movement seems tons better when you are in possession. They hardly ever wandered offside. I particularly liked that shuffle sideways the milan player did to get away from his marker about halfway through.

Take a look at the Jenkinson shot at around 4:22. Can't recall many players hitting the ball like that in this years version. Looks like a set of new shooting animations to me.

The dropped ball was in this years version by the way, just offline.

Like I said, it's subtle enough but that is all you are going to see from a grainy youtube video. Atleast try it before you start laying into it.

Just so you know I have seen that save numerous times from the cut back FIFA 12, and Jenkinson shot is 100% from FIFA 12 I have taken that shot on many occasions. Walcott's massive touch is also in FIFA 12, the reason he is taking the massive touch is the stats for players are all over the place atm. He'll have decent control in the full release. I think the Ox has 67 pace with their current test stats atm lol.

Never seen the dropped ball this year personally, must be rare cause I have been playing offline a lot lately, had a few injurys and never seen it.

As I said this must be an early build because frankly very little seems different, the same sweet spots for finesse shots, the same wonderful defending (that your so fond of), same through ball weighted pass. The same passing patterns are the most noticable thing.

Obviously they will make changes, but frankly if they were going to make anything other then very minor tweeks they would have stood out in that video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just so you know I have seen that save numerous times from the cut back FIFA 12, and Jenkinson shot is 100% from FIFA 12 I have taken that shot on many occasions. Walcott's massive touch is also in FIFA 12, the reason he is taking the massive touch is the stats for players are all over the place atm. He'll have decent control in the full release. I think the Ox has 67 pace with their current test stats atm lol.

Never seen the dropped ball this year personally, must be rare cause I have been playing offline a lot lately, had a few injurys and never seen it.

As I said this must be an early build because frankly very little seems different, the same sweet spots for finesse shots, the same wonderful defending (that your so fond of), same through ball weighted pass. The same passing patterns are the most noticable thing.

Obviously they will make changes, but frankly if they were going to make anything other then very minor tweeks they would have stood out in that video.

You can complain all day long..... But you'll still buy it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Never change. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Looks like Van Persie's rating is 88, judging by the video above.

Rooney is 89 - according to the UT link above.

Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah but they're both slow so they will no good in Ultimate Team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Anyone know if Spanish commentary will be available for the 360 version. Annoyed it wasn't available last year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will the vita version have all the same features the ps3/xbox 360 has?

• EA has announced that Messi will be joined on the FIFA 13 UK cover by Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Man City and England number one Joe Hart.

Surprised they are not using Rooney anymore but to be fair hes been on it a good few years now at this stage. Very surprised at Oxlade Chamberlain getting the nod though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

When is it going to be released.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sept 28th for the full game

Sept 11th for the demo

Surprised they are not using Rooney anymore but to be fair hes been on it a good few years now at this stage. Very surprised at Oxlade Chamberlain getting the nod though.

Don't EA have exclusive deals with Man City & Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

I still laugh everytime I look at the cover and see Jack Wilshere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

after looking at a gameplay video from Gamescom ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-cV4in0kh0 ) I think that the game is too fast... :eek: it doesn't look natural nor realistic because of the speed...

what do you guys think? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mate went into HMV just there to enquire about FIFA 13. Told him that he'd get €12 off if you trade FIFA 12 against FIFA 13. Regular edition €50, Ultimate Team Edition €55.

Decent offer especially since Gamestop only offered €3 off if you traded in FIFA 12 against it.

petiha wrote: »
    after looking at a gameplay video from Gamescom ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-cV4in0kh0 ) I think that the game is too fast... :eek: it doesn't look natural nor realistic because of the speed...

what do you guys think? :)

I'd need to play it to get a feel for what it's really like.

But from switching to Ultimate Team after Xmas, have to say the speed of H2H is ridiculously slow and then adding the massive stamina burning it makes the game a contain fest.
    It's too hard to break down someone who has a packed box if they just contain everything you do.

Contain has less off an effect in UT as you can get the space for a lay off shot or one two it around the person quicker.
    You have to defend yourself more which is definitely a good thing IMO.

So I'm hoping they have altered the speed back. Fast in 2012 is really normal.

• Advertisement

• That_Guy wrote: »
    Mate went into HMV just there to enquire about FIFA 13. Told him that he'd get €12 off if you trade FIFA 12 against FIFA 13. Regular edition €50, Ultimate Team Edition €55.

Decent offer especially since Gamestop only offered €3 off if you traded in FIFA 12 against it.

Is that €50 and €55 after you trade in Fifa 12 or is that just the normal price?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

That_Guy wrote: »

Is that €50 and €55 after you trade in Fifa 12 or is that just the normal price?

Cheers

That's the normal price.

That_Guy wrote: »

Never deal with Gamestop. The worst value for trades in and the most expensive for new games.

In the Crescent in Limerick for example,

HMV will sell a new release for 47.99 (usually). Gamestop, a couple of doors down are 54.99 (usually). There are a few exceptions, but this is the generally the rule.

I wonder how they ever do any business. No wonder Gamestop are losing money on their Irish arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Is this offer in HMV still going? might go into Gamestop and cancel my pre-order tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If you cancel ur pre order will they give you you're money back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

If you cancel ur pre order will they give you you're money back ?
    Yes you can get your money back, but they can push you to put it on another pre-order or even lie because it hurts their sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Unk123

Is the youth academy and scouting system still going to be in Fifa 13?
    I've also heard that they will be doing an update on boots during the year for example if new predator boots or Etc come out in say November they will do regular updates and stuff , is this true or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like the trophies/cheevos list is out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fifa 13 ad. Looking forward to it already..
    http://t.co/VEKv766z

Advertisement