Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deezer one year 16 Euro stackable. See OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ECookie13 wrote: »
    So are people getting this cancelled and refunded?

Just checked mine and it still says premium until sept 19. :cool:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

So are people getting this cancelled and refunded?

Have mine nearly two months now and still working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Just to be sure my account is ok I moved to Turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Have mine 2 months and subscription still looks fine.

However Ive just re-subscribed to Spotify. Have found the music selection to be quite poor on Deezer, and user interface is fairly poor. And don't get me started on the stupidly bright screen and the fact they've ignored any requests for a night mode theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭clint_silver

JaMarcus wrote: »

However Ive just re-subscribed to Spotify. Have found the music selection to be quite poor on Deezer, and user interface is fairly poor. And don't get me started on the stupidly bright screen and the fact they've ignored any requests for a night mode theme.

after a couple of weeks with it, Ive found same thing. I basically got 2 years of deezer for same price as 2 months of spotify but its such a weaker service all round (user interface, playlists on alexa, song availability) for me that I think I'll go back to spotify, I'll wait til after after 2 months so wont really be at a loss.

if I hadnt had the spotify premium in the first place not sure I would have missed it as much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Subscription still active for me too.

It's definitely not as slick as Spotify but I've never noticed any difference in the music catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Mine is still working as well. 5-6 weeks and I’ve never had Spotify so don’t really know what I was missing. Only use it on Alexa for some songs and use the playlists on the phone. So all good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

after a couple of weeks with it, Ive found same thing. I basically got 2 years of deezer for same price as 2 months of spotify but its such a weaker service all round (user interface, playlists on alexa, song availability) for me that I think I'll go back to spotify, I'll wait til after after 2 months so wont really be at a loss.

if I hadnt had the spotify premium in the first place not sure I would have missed it as much.

I've both, Spotify for the house (Google home, Deezer not compatible) and Deezer for the Car (I travel for work a lot).

With work I just hit flow before I set off on a drive, or begin flight and relax with the tunes I have been playing recently randomised or new stuff suggested to me based on other stuff I like.

I have always found Deezer the better of the two personally. Spotify often doesn't have music I ask for whereas Deezer does.

I guess it's horses for courses.

But as for the question, mines still showing as being paid up to sept 19.

I've been a subscriber to them for years though so hopefully I'm able to stay under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I went with the family plan in mid-August and my first payment of 14.99TL was taken from my Revolut card in mid September. I have set up a Turkish Lira wallet on Revolut for the purpose and all good so far.

While Spotify's UI is slightly better than Deezer, the music choice is pretty much identical. Both have apps for Apple Carplay and integrate with the Amazon Echo while Deezer has an Apple Watch app also. Personally I think that Deezer sounds better than Spotify having used them both. My only real complaint is sometimes flaky connection issues using the app while on 4G. The app will state that it is not connected to the internet when the phone clearly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ECookie13

Trying to sign up for the 99 TL for the year offer; keep getting rejected using VPN unlimited with 2 different cards.

However, they've placed multiple different holds on the fee (99 TL), which I assume are just holds and I wont have to go following them up for it.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Open VPN account with NordVPN for a 7 day free trial, once installed on phone or puter select Turkey.

Open www.deezer.com/tr

Use Google chrome as your browser as it'll automatically translate in English

Open new account with totally new email and bank card.

Look at pricing options, if not quoted in Turkish Lira then something has gone wrong.

Select gift card and buy 12 month subscription for ~17 yoyos

Code emailed to you, then add it to original irish account so you don't get the Turkish playlists etc.

Trying to sign up for the 99 TL for the year offer; keep getting rejected using VPN unlimited with 2 different cards.

However, they've placed multiple different holds on the fee (99 TL), which I assume are just holds and I wont have to go following them up for it.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Would this also work for getting the family subscription? I've tried but it keeps inisiting that I have to use a different card?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

JaMarcus wrote: »

Switched over myself last month. I haven't yet found a song I wanted missing and I'd have very varied tastes so no issues there for me.

The interface isn't as clean and responsive as Spotify imo. Can't really pinpoint it I just don't remember it taking as long to move around Spotify and it seems less intuitive but that may just be lack of familiarity.

Deezer also doesn't seem to "get to know me" like Spotify.

Will most likely reactivate Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Signed up over a month ago now. When I say signed up, I mean bought three 1 year vouchers from Deezer Turkey to which I gave two to family members and one for myself.

All vouchers worked and each account said that we each had Deezer hifi for a year. This was until yesterday where each of our accounts went back to free without any notification.

I'd assume it's a clampdown, didn't get any refund or word of warning anyone wanting to try this. Gonna have to switch back to Spotify Family now. Other than that I can't figure it out, but there you go.

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Signed up over a month ago now. When I say signed up, I mean bought three 1 year vouchers from Deezer Turkey to which I gave two to family members and one for myself.

All vouchers worked and each account said that we each had Deezer hifi for a year. This was until yesterday where each of our accounts went back to free without any notification.

I'd assume it's a clampdown, didn't get any refund or word of warning anyone wanting to try this. Gonna have to switch back to Spotify Family now. Other than that I can't figure it out, but there you go.

Make sure you got the refund. Many have. There seems to have been a cutoff where anyone after a certain point came in is getting the chop.
    I got mine middle of August. Stacked for 2 years. Still going strong. Lad in work got his first week in sept. Got the chop a week later.
    I got my account switched from turkey to Ireland. Maybe made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Mine is still ok too. I’ve been with them for years so don’t know if that makes a difference in terms of their checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

have to say after a month or two you can understand why its a hell of a lot cheaper to spotify or google & apple music. Its not as good feature wise or as easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Does the family plan via turkey still work? currently paying €15 a month on spotify family plan

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Make sure you got the refund. Many have. There seems to have been a cutoff where anyone after a certain point came in is getting the chop.
    I got mine middle of August. Stacked for 2 years. Still going strong. Lad in work got his first week in sept. Got the chop a week later.
    I got my account switched from turkey to Ireland. Maybe made a difference.

Should and where can I go about getting a refund? 51 quid for three 1 year vouchers, would be nice to be refunded to given the service paid for has been stopped. But am I in a position to ask for a refund given what we are doing is probably frowned upon by Deezer? Thanks.

Just to add: voucher bought in turkey but all three Deezer accounts are Irish for the start and right up until the stopped each of our services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Does the family plan via turkey still work? currently paying €15 a month on spotify family plan

Yeah still works. I signed up a few months ago to the family plan and still working today.

• Advertisement

jamescd wrote: »
    Yeah still works. I signed up a few months ago to the family plan and still working today.

I presume then you have to stay using a turkish account and cant switch to Irish to get the podcasts, Irish playlists etc?

I presume then you have to stay using a turkish account and cant switch to Irish to get the podcasts, Irish playlists etc?

Log on with a desktop. Open a support chat. Ask them to change you to Ireland. Few minutes tops.

Log on with a desktop. Open a support chat. Ask them to change you to Ireland. Few minutes tops.

And they have no issue with having an irirsh account but paying the turkish prices monthly? Jeez thats nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

I used a VPN solely to purchase the 12 months Premium gift card (€16/99TL). Used that voucher code on my Irish account. No issues so far. Still showing a premium account.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

That's why they have started cancelling accounts. Hundreds of eejits getting on to support suspiciously wanting to change location from Turkey to Ireland. I bought the gift card with a Turkish vpn and haven't got any Turkish playlists or suggestions etc. Even if you have, its worth a slight inconvenience for such a cheap discount. Stupid people ruin everything though.

That's why they have started cancelling accounts. Hundreds of eejits getting on to support suspiciously wanting to change location from Turkey to Ireland. I bought the gift card with a Turkish vpn and haven't got any Turkish playlists or suggestions etc. Even if you have, its worth a slight inconvenience for such a cheap discount. Stupid people ruin everything though.

Well then isn't the whole essence of a bargain alert such as this one stupid then? Should the OP said nothing and kept it to himself/herself? are the people who jumped on and exploited a deezer loophole then just stupid people in the eye of the OP as they could have possibly ruined everything for him/her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Well then isn't the whole essence of a bargain alert such as this one stupid then? Should the OP said nothing and kept it to himself/herself? are the people who jumped on and exploited a deezer loophole then just stupid people in the eye of the OP as they could have possibly ruined everything for him/her?

There’s a difference between multiple people taking advantage of this bargain to save money and people basically telling Deezer they are scamming them.

The first is a sharing a great bargain, the second is screaming at the company “HEY YOU HAVE A BIG LOOPHOLE THAT I’VE USED TO SAVE MONEY!!!! CAN YOU FIX THE STUPID MISTAKE I MADE WHILE SIGNING UP FOR THIS?”

TBi wrote: »
    There’s a difference between multiple people taking advantage of this bargain to save money and people basically telling Deezer they are scamming them.

The first is a sharing a great bargain, the second is screaming at the company “HEY YOU HAVE A BIG LOOPHOLE THAT I’VE USED TO SAVE MONEY!!!! CAN YOU FIX THE STUPID MISTAKE I MADE WHILE SIGNING UP FOR THIS?”

Depends how you look at it if enough people use the loophole between this site and say HUKD then deezer could see the spike? either way my point is I don't see it as appropriate to call people stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is this still working? If I get it and apply to my account and just leave it as is do ye think it will work ok? I would be mainly using it for Alexa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Depends how you look at it if enough people use the loophole between this site and say HUKD then deezer could see the spike? either way my point is I don't see it as appropriate to call people stupid!

The point is that yes, there is a loophole that Deezer has yet to plug and people are taking advantage of it. What is stupid are the idiots that want the cherry on top by switching their country back to Ireland! This just screams 'PADDY WANTS HIS IRISH SH*TEY TOP 40 MUSIC'...

Advertisement