Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness Pro14 Season 2018-2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It's been confirmed that the conferences will stay the same this year. Looks like they'll change every second year.

I'm happy enough with that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's saying 2pm UTC, which is 3pm. Although most are taking it up as 2pm.

Ah bit confusing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's saying 2pm UTC, which is 3pm. Although most are taking it up as 2pm.

So it is 2pm. They obviously don't know the difference between UTC and BST/IST.

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/1021726726177648640

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Very tough start for the Cheetahs. Away to Munster, Ospreys, Cardiff and Edinburgh and at home to Ulster and Glasgow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Looks like most Connacht matches will be live on TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I see the Scarlets have released their new jersey and only managed to squeeze in a paltry 18 sponsors logos between the jersey and shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    I see the Scarlets have released their new jersey and only managed to squeeze in a paltry 18 sponsors logos between the jersey and shorts.

I'm just surprised they didn't go with some on the socks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I'm surprised no one sponsored the chip on their shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

The Final will be in Celtic Park Glasgow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Final is on in Celtic Park in Glasgow this season.

I would be in no rush to attend that game tbh. The stadium is grand. The surrounding area less so. Have only been once before, but I wanted to get the hell away from the place as quickly as I could. Was there for Roy Keanes first game for Celtic, and even as an Irishman there with Celtic fans I found the place seriously intimidating.

At least it's not in Ireland again!

At least it's not in Ireland again!

No, it's in Scotland again. Seems we're the only 2 to have any interest in hosting the thing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,355 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

molloyjh wrote: »
    No, it's in Scotland again. Seems we're the only 2 to have any interest in hosting the thing.

Pretty sure Wales don't like that it was changed from the old format and won't apply for it in protest.

awec wrote: »
    Pretty sure Wales don't like that it was changed from the old format and won't apply for it in protest.

I've heard they just get more money from the other events they host in the MS. Wasn't it monster trucks or something like that in May?

I can't see why they'd have a problem with it. They never hosted a final before because they never got top seed. This was always going to give them a better chance at hosting. But then I've stopped trying to figure out the logic behind a lot of the Welsh complaints.... :D

Well I guess it may not be worthwhile.

If they got it in the Millenium Stadium and it ended up there were no welsh teams involved it could be a bit of a damp squib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If they got it in the Millenium Stadium and it ended up there were no welsh teams involved it could be a bit of a damp squib.

It brings tourists in which is always welcome

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

molloyjh wrote: »
    I've heard they just get more money from the other events they host in the MS. Wasn't it monster trucks or something like that in May?

I can't see why they'd have a problem with it. They never hosted a final before because they never got top seed. This was always going to give them a better chance at hosting. But then I've stopped trying to figure out the logic behind a lot of the Welsh complaints.... :D

I definitely recall murmurings of them being unhappy and refusing to bid the first year at least. Nonsensical, but who knows with the Welsh regions...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't think id be too pushed with that. Might try get to Champions Cup final in Newcastle though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Eod100 wrote: »
    Don't think id be too pushed with that. Might try get to Champions Cup final in Newcastle though

Tickets and hotel booked already :cool:

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Tickets and hotel booked already :cool:

Accommodation booked (on a deposit). Not buying match tickets until at least after the group stages.

Glasgow is a fun weekend. Get out of the vicinity of Celtic Park quickly and you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Same day as Scottish cup final. Imagine Munster v Leinster final in Glasgow a few hours after rangers v Celtic:(

Hassler has gone to Harlequins on trial.
    Amazing none of the other regions picked him up

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Same day as Scottish cup final. Imagine Munster v Leinster final in Glasgow a few hours after rangers v Celtic:(
    I'd love to see a bunch of D4 heads among that sort of crowd. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

TBH they should consider Liberty Stadium, at 21,000 it would be a feasible sell out even if no Welsh teams were involved. Would be a similar feel to the final in Kingspan a few years back. The major issue would be accommodation in Swansea, pretty small town.

The Principality just isn't a goer for a PRO14 final, I think you'd struggle to fill it even if Leinster V Munster were playing, nothing to do with the fans but as many who have been to Cardiff would know, they jack up the prices on hotels and accom to crazy prices on big match days! Can be a turn off. Best chance of filling that stadium is an all Welsh final, and I don't see that happening anytime soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

PMC83 wrote: »
    TBH they should consider Liberty Stadium, at 21,000 it would be a feasible sell out even if no Welsh teams were involved. Would be a similar feel to the final in Kingspan a few years back. The major issue would be accommodation in Swansea, pretty small town.

The Principality just isn't a goer for a PRO14 final, I think you'd struggle to fill it even if Leinster V Munster were playing, nothing to do with the fans but as many who have been to Cardiff would know, they jack up the prices on hotels and accom to crazy prices on big match days! Can be a turn off. Best chance of filling that stadium is an all Welsh final, and I don't see that happening anytime soon

You've forgotten about Cardiff City Stadium which holds 33K.

You've forgotten about Cardiff City Stadium which holds 33K.

Had wondered are they football only?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

PMC83 wrote: »
    Had wondered are they football only?

Had the Challenge Cup final there back in 2011 for sure

• Advertisement

Had the Challenge Cup final there back in 2011 for sure

If this is the case then defo a good punt for a Pro14 final, shame they won't put their hands up!

Advertisement