Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free revolut card back

• 15-05-2018 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

Got an email today with free card available again. Excellent for send and receiving cash along with cheaper FX when abroad.

MOD EDIT: NO REFERRAL LINKS PERMITTED

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

glanman wrote: »
    Got an email today with free card available again. Excellent for send and receiving cash along with cheaper FX when abroad.

]

Referral links are usually not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Does anyone know if you can you transfer from your Revolut account to a foreign bank account for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

I prefer N26, they have a free card too at the moment and it's contactless too. All around a better product than revolut plus don't need to worry about them being based in London.

Tusky wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can you transfer from your Revolut account to a foreign bank account for free?

You'll always pay some fee for transferring to a bank outside the EU I think.

Stupify wrote: »

I'm trying to pay

What if the person I'm transferring to signed up to Revolut with their bank card. Can I send them and then they transfer from Revolut to their non-EU bank account for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Can someone explain to me what the benefit of one of these cards/services is?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

dulpit wrote: »

The main benefit is that if you pay for something in a foreign currency, you get the inter-bank rate rather than MasterCard or Visa charging a hefty %. You can also take (limited) money out at an ATM abroad for free. That saves you ordering money from a bank and paying commission and a crap rate. Finally, you can purchase money in various currencies in advance all at the inter-bank rate. That allows you lock in a rate in advance if you need.

I got married abroad and paid for everything with my Revolut card. It literally saved me hundreds of € in commission fees. That's probably an extreme example but if you shop on amazon.co.uk in any way frequently, you'll save a couple of € per transaction. If you're a regular traveller, it's a no-brainer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Is it possible to put cash on these rather than bank transfer. Could be handy in a rush to the airport scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

cronos wrote: »
    Is it possible to put cash on these rather than bank transfer. Could be handy in a rush to the airport scenario.

You can top it up yes from other debit cards. There is a transfers or top up option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    You can top it up yes from other debit cards. There is a transfers or top up option.

But not from cash. It's not like buying a top up for a phone for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭bren2001

How do I get a free card?

I'm trying to pay

What if the person I'm transferring to signed up to Revolut with their bank card. Can I send them and then they transfer from Revolut to their non-EU bank account for free?

Yes you can do this, what country are you trying to transfer to?

cronos wrote: »
    But not from cash. It's not like buying a top up for a phone for example.
    No, can't top up using cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its a great thing to have and the exchange rate is spot on. Definitely a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

dulpit wrote: »

To add to what eclipse said I also put most auto renew services on mine and don't keep much on it which usually results in a notification of a failed payment which often gives me the chance to cancel the subscription if I find I'm not really using it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I prefer N26, they have a free card too at the moment and it's contactless too. All around a better product than revolut plus don't need to worry about them being based in London.

Why do you think it's better?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

there is absolutely nothing better with N26! Im using N26 from day 1, and almost same with Revolut...

Revolut is has better system and mobile app
    It is more secure
    There is no issues with transactions
    More futures, like cryptos, valuts etc, more currencies
    Much faster with adding new futures
    Fast top up with card, N26 is so slow as you need to make bank transfer
    Much easier to register, N26 complicate now for all non EU folks
    Virtual cards
    Disposal virtual cards, after payment virtual card is canceled

Unfortunately N26 is far behind, I had high hopes for them, but they just got stuck where they started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Have Irish companies started to accept N26 IBANs for direct debits? One of the main reasons I left them back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Farango wrote: »
    there is absolutely nothing better with N26! Im using N26 from day 1, and almost same with Revolut...

Revolut is has better system and mobile app
    It is more secure
    There is no issues with transactions
    More futures, like cryptos, valuts etc, more currencies
    Much faster with adding new futures
    Fast top up with card, N26 is so slow as you need to make bank transfer
    Much easier to register, N26 complicate now for all non EU folks
    Virtual cards
    Disposal virtual cards, after payment virtual card is canceled

Unfortunately N26 is far behind, I had high hopes for them, but they just got stuck where they started.

I like them both, but i feel more secure with n26, & has a better customer service. Slightly better fx rate with revolut, and immediate top-up.

But for security i prefer n26, and the ability to talk to someone there. Revolut didnt want to know when i was being charged a second time by a foreign business for a transaction that already had been processed and paid previously. Said it was my problem and up to me to get it resolved. It didnt impress me much.

• Advertisement

I'm trying to pay

Yes you can do this, what country are you trying to transfer to?
    Argentina.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement