Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

I think it's the German one you want. France would know a bot about beer too...get it inntiye!

I think they're both nice tbf and pretty close to being the same really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭Invincible

Danger781 wrote: »
    So I picked up some Perlenbacher in Lidl since everyone here is talking about it but I fear I may have picked up the wrong variety :|

This is what you need....

Danger781 wrote: »
    So I picked up some Perlenbacher in Lidl since everyone here is talking about it but I fear I may have picked up the wrong variety :|

This is what you needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Invincible wrote: »
    This is what you needed...

I've often seen this offer here but never availed- is it still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Picked up a couple of cases of the Budějovický Budvar from Tesco at the weekend (12 bottles for €15). Long time since I had it but it's still as good as ever. Almost too easy to drink. Czech brewed stuff as well, so it's proper.

Well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

I like Czech beer! I presume thats the normal 330 ml bottles?

I've often seen this offer here but never availed- is it still on?

It's been in local store last few weeks, but was advertised as in-store from 14/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Invincible wrote: »
    It's been in local store last few weeks, but was advertised as in-store from 14/5.

Thanks went to my local Lidl and OOS tho the signs still up. Picked up 6 X 500ml Heineken €10

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

snowgal wrote: »
    I like Czech beer! I presume thats the normal 330 ml bottles?

This is the Tesco Budvar 12X330ml for €15 link:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=285226124

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Tesco have Manislav Czech style lager listed online for €1.49.

500ml 5%

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=287943591

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Tesco have Manislav Czech style lager listed online for €1.49.

500ml 5%

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=287943591

This is dirt, brewed in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This is dirt, brewed in Dundalk

Is that based on having tasting it, or on general principles (which may be sound) about its origins :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Is that based on having tasting it, or on general principles (which may be sound) about its origins :)

I can second that - it's awful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

Tennents in Tesco yesterday evening: 4 0.5l cans for 4 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

odyssey06 wrote: »

Aye, tasted it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Anyone see cans of Harp lately? Seems to have been replaced by ****e shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Anyone see cans of Harp lately? Seems to have been replaced by ****e shore.

Yea Diagio stopped making them temporarily. There going back into production this week. Should be back in the shops in the next fortnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭bmc58

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yea Diagio stopped making them temporarily. There going back into production this week. Should be back in the shops in the next fortnight
    Used to drink Harp ,but just drifted away from it.Don't know many who drink it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The slab is gone but I'm probably better off waiting til next weekend to see the offers

Heineken, Stella or Carlsberg

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Whats the reason behind that? I did see a thing on twitter but i thought it was just one off license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I just want to take this moment to say that Supervalu's alcohol deals are f*ckin shocking.

Their wine deals are just rolled over from month to month & their spirits deals are pathetic. End rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

28th May to 3rd May

Lidl

24 x 500ml Guinness; Budweiser; Carling & Carlsberg

FROM €20

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/big-brand-super-savers/budweiser-carling-carlsberg-guinness/p42962

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    28th May to 3rd May

Lidl

24 x 500ml Guinness; Budweiser; Carling & Carlsberg

FROM €20

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/big-brand-super-savers/budweiser-carling-carlsberg-guinness/p42962

Thanks for that,, will keep an eye out, the elusive " cheap tray of Guinness in Lidl " , everyone seems to find them in store ,except me:D, ive searched high and low everytime its mentioned on special, some day, just some day I will secure one and it will be sweetest can I've ever drank.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

magicmoves wrote: »

Is monkey 47 really that good a gin to justify its price? It seems to be the most premium of gins. Iv never tried it but curious as to whether its noticeably different.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They can feck off with the "from €20" crap. State what the price will be for each product ffs. Is this legal?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

jhammer wrote: »
    Whats the reason behind that? I did see a thing on twitter but i thought it was just one off license.

They couldn't keep up with demand of all there brands. They had to streamline and focus on the most popular, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Guinness etc.
    However good news I'm told stocks are now going back into shops since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

They couldn't keep up with demand of all there brands. They had to streamline and focus on the most popular, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Guinness etc.
    However good news I'm told stocks are now going back into shops since yesterday.

Wonder what the long term plan for the brand is, they've done virtually no promotion and I'd say the number of pubs you can get it in draft is in the low 100's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

It’s big up north and in Kerry bizarrely enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Does anywhere in Ireland do those 5L beer kegs anymore? I know the Heineken ones weren't that popular and they more or less flopped but are there any others around anywhere?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement