Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭henke

dodzy wrote: »
    24hr turnaround? That must be a record. Anyway, you could be down for up to 24hrs. VF said to expect this as a worst case scenario.

Yep rang at 4pm yesterday and was in my letterbox when I came back at lunchtime. Service stopped on 3 just after 5pm and put in the SIM. Seems I can only receive calls. Calling 1741 it says my balance is -0.04 cent so think I am only set up to take calls at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

henke wrote: »
    Yep rang at 4pm yesterday and was in my letterbox when I came back at lunchtime. Service stopped on 3 just after 5pm and put in the SIM. Seems I can only receive calls. Calling 1741 it says my balance is -0.04 cent so think I am only set up to take calls at the minute.

AFAIK you should have put the SIM in first,let the 3 service run out, then VF kicks in,that's what happened me anyway,give it a chance, should kick in

Seems it doesn't see me as a new customer on the Vodafone app redirecting me to forgot password (which then doesn't work). Possibly a problem because I was on Vodafone a few years ago. Anyway will try tomorrow at least I can receive calls.

Seems it doesn't see me as a new customer on the Vodafone app redirecting me to forgot password (which then doesn't work). Possibly a problem because I was on Vodafone a few years ago. Anyway will try tomorrow at least I can receive calls.

Stick with it boy

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

When you port in, it can take two to three days for your number to be fully recognised by their system so you may not be able to register on My Vodafone or use the app for this period.

Best call customer service in the morning and ask for an allowance (calls/texts/data) to tide you over until your plan kicks in.

• Advertisement

Yeah will do that although I can't make outgoing calls and I thought 1747 was free :-(. I'll try to suss it out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Just wanted to check what to ask for is it Data user plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

01902 wrote:
    Just wanted to check what to ask for is it Data user plan?

Yeah, data user plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

When you top up by €20 do you keep the credit or is it used on the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

01902 wrote: »
    When you top up by €20 do you keep the credit or is it used on the offer?

Keep it and use it to buy the unlimited calls addon for €15. Have a read of the thread for full details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Just called and signed up, it's a great offer.

What he said was to top up. The offer costs E15 and I can use the remaining E5 then for an add on. Is that right?

Also told me to use the SIM when I get it and to top up. Would I be best to contact them for some free allowance first though?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

lenoude wrote: »
    Just called and signed up, it's a great offer.

What he said was to top up. The offer costs E15 and I can use the remaining E5 then for an add on. Is that right?

Also told me to use the SIM when I get it and to top up. Would I be best to contact them for some free allowance first though?

I was told to top up also when I receive the SIM but a lot of people on here waited for the plan to become active before they topped up, so im waiting. Today is day 3 for me so hopefully it happens soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

I was told to top up also when I receive the SIM but a lot of people on here waited for the plan to become active before they topped up, so im waiting. Today is day 3 for me so hopefully it happens soon.

Hopefully it'll be quick, going out Saturday night so definitely gonna need my phone to be sorted by then

Did you receive any credit on your phone as soon as you put in the SIM or can you make calls?

Did you receive any credit on your phone as soon as you put in the SIM or can you make calls?

I had 50 cent credit on it when I got it last Friday. I received a complimentary aloowance of 100 minutes and texts and also 1 GB of data.

I can't check the app or online if my plan is active because it still brings up my old VF bill pay details.

So Im waiting for a text to come threw at some stage.

I can only see the Spotify add on for €5.99. Thought it was €5?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The first post probably needs to be updated.

Data User Plan 28 days
    Top up by 20 euro to get 15 GB data and texts
    Keep the 20 euro credit to use as you like

That's the plan

IF you need to top up within the 28 days for any reason, then top up by 5, 10 or 15 but NOT by 20 (or more) because 20 top up will clear remaining data balance to zero and restart a new 28 days.

There are various OPTIONAL add ons that can be purchased from credit
    Add ons listed on this link
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

Tethering
    In theory you can tether without extra charges via Live APN
    BUT BUT BUT
    Certain phones (iPhone, Xiaomi, Android Oreo for example) allow Vodafone to reroute tethered data via another APN that charges 19c per MB

Tread carefully with tethering and check that you can edit/delete APNs to leave the LIVE APN only. If the APNs are greyed out or reappear after being deleted then it's probable that your credit will be used for tethering. Check with a small amount of tethered data and then check your credit balance to see if it has reduced or not.

I can only see the Spotify add on for €5.99. Thought it was €5?

e5.00

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I received my sim today after ordering yesterday. I received the following message from Vodafone today:

To facilitate your move to Vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period. Please check your voicemail now. Thank you.

I haven't put my Vodafone sim into my phone yet or have received any voicemail as I don't have it set up. So I'm wondering do I just wait until my number had ported to Vodafone?

e5.00

I can only see it for €5.99.
    Ill wait till my app updates as a payg account before I purchase.
    Still waiting for offer to be live. Today is day 3 of waiting. Hopefully ill be set up soon!
    Also topped up by €20 to see if that would activate it, no joy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Still waiting for offer to be live. Today is day 3 of waiting. Hopefully ill be set up soon!

You're ported long enough now that it should be active. I would recommend you call the sales line tomorrow and go to the same place as you ordered from (Option 2??) and say that you ordered through them and that it still hasn't been activated and ask them to make sure its raised with the relevant team just in case they missed the fact your line has ported in last Friday. They might tell you you need to talk to customer care but I would try push forward with them instead first.

I don't suggest everyone does this at all, at this stage his offer should have be activated and would only recommend he contact them now as a last resort.

After porting yesterday I have service on my phone now and My Vodafone account set up. Called Customer care and got 2gb data 200 messages and 200 minutes to tie me over until offer becomes active. When offer becomes active will it show up in the app or will they notify you by text? Or just a matter of checking the app in a few days to see if it shows up? I presume it will appear under "my top up offer".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

After porting yesterday I have service on my phone now and My Vodafone account set up. Called Customer care and got 2gb data 200 messages and 200 minutes to tie me over until offer becomes active. When offer becomes active will it show up in the app or will they notify you by text? Or just a matter of checking the app in a few days to see if it shows up? I presume it will appear under "my top up offer".

You will get a text to say your account has been topped up by €20.

john4321 wrote: »
    You will get a text to say your account has been topped up by €20.

Oh I would have thought you would need to top up by €20 to activate the offer once it has been assigned to your account. I thought the free month offer was finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deep1

Oh I would have thought you would need to top up by €20 to activate the offer once it has been assigned to your account. I thought the free month offer was finished.

Free month offer is still on, can confirm I got last week.
    Sales told me to top-up as soon as sim is active but I waited the offer to be shown and got free 20€ top-up.

deep1 wrote: »
    Free month offer is still on, can confirm I got last week.
    Sales told me to top-up as soon as sim is active but I waited the offer to be shown and got free 20€ top-up.

Excellent thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

For existing Vodafone customers who want to avail of this offer and need to port out then back in, Which operator is best? I read that you need to top up by €5 with eir for them to let you port back out. Is 3 the same? What about the MVNOs 48months, lycra etc?

Not planning on staying with whoever I port out to - I just need to port away from vodafone and back as quickly as I can to get the offer.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry,my fault,e5.00 for my small fella,hrs on student X deal,,🀔 senior moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

msmx5 wrote: »
    For existing Vodafone customers who want to avail of this offer and need to port out then back in, Which operator is best? I read that you need to top up by €5 with eir for them to let you port back out. Is 3 the same? What about the MVNOs 48months, lycra etc?

Not planning on staying with whoever I port out to - I just need to port away from vodafone and back as quickly as I can to get the offer.

Thanks in advance!

I did a virgin media switch. And right back out. 14 day cooling off period will be attempted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Got this sim this morning,inserted into unlocked phone,no service,emergency calls only..
    Do I need to do something to activate the sim card?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement