Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dyson V7 Motorhead Pro Cordless Cleaner - Refurb €194 + shipping @ Dyson Outlet Ebay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

702.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Lemmy just say thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Thanks OP, was going to buy one in the near future, saved me a hundred yoyo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have the Dyson V6, is this much better does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have the Dyson V6, is this much better does anyone know?
    Basically, an extra 10 minutes on battery and no-touch hygenic emptying.

https://spotlessvacuum.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/dyson-v6-vs-v7/

To be fair, the easy emptying of the bin looks like a worthwhile upgrade if nothing else..

V6:

V7:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

On HUKD purchasers have complained that some of the refurbed products from Dyson show signs of heavy wear. This is more of a problem for Irish buyers as the return costs will not be covered by Dyson if you are not happy. How much to return a product like this ? 30 euro maybe ? Is it worth the hassle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭micks_address

OmegaGene wrote: »
    PayPal are still covering return postage so yes worth the hassle of you want the item and want €100 in your pocket

I got this after Xmas and was like new.. Couldn't tell it had ever been used.. Think I paid 222 delivered

PayPal are still covering return postage so yes worth the hassle of you want the item and want €100 in your pocket

I don't understand as Dyson outlet on eBay states it does not deliver to Ireland :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

bmm wrote: »
    I don't understand as Dyson outlet on eBay states it does not deliver to Ireland :confused:

Use parcel motel or better is parcel wizard

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Use parcel motel or better is parcel wizard

... And Paypal will pay the return postage if you decide not to keep ?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

... And Paypal will pay the return postage if you decide not to keep ?:confused:
    From Paypal a month or so back.
    I understand you wish to check if PayPal refunded return is still available.
    Yes! the 'PayPal return shipping on us' is still up and running. I've included the steps for you to enroll in this program.
    To activate PayPal's Return Shipping on Us service:
    1. Click on the following link: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
    2. Log into your PayPal account.
    3. Click Agree and Activate Now.
    Here's how to make a request:
    1. Return the purchased item to the seller within the required timeframe and retain postage receipt and documentation as outlined within the terms and conditions 'What information do I have to provide with my Refund request claim form?'.
    2. Log in to your PayPal account.
    3. Click Activity and find the transaction you have returned.
    4. Click the transaction and select the 'Request a refund on return shipping' link.
    5. Follow the instructions and complete the form.
    Your purchase and return must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the program. Once you have submitted your request it is carefully reviewed by a customer service agent and approved or declined within 5 business days.
    • Requests can only be made for physical products. Donations, digital goods, services or other types of transfers are not eligible
    • You must have followed all return instructions and policies of the seller
    • The seller you purchased from must not already offer a free returns service
    • You must provide documentation requested to prove:
      • The amount you paid for return shipping
      • The address the item was returned or confirmation of the return
    • Requests must be submitted within 30 days of shipping the item back to the seller
    • You must submit any additional information requested during the review process within 7 days
    • Item must be purchased via a registered PayPal account. Payments made via PayPal Guest Checkout ( where you don’t need to log into your account) are not covered
    You can make up 4 requests a year up to a maximum refund of £15 per request.
    Your refund will be processed within 10 business days of submitting your request. If your request is approved, you will see a refund in your PayPal balance. Log in to your PayPal account and click Activity. Look for the transaction labelled "PayPal Return Shipping Refund". You will see the amount refunded. The maximum refund allowed within the service is £15 per refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

This is a great deal - I jumped on this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

PayPal covering return postage is great

Max 15stg refund. Should cover most of the postage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

Just got mine there this morning. Cost 15euro PM charges to get to my door so a little over 200 notes. There was only one part that looked like it had use and that is just because there was a tiny smudge on the inside, otherwise A1 condition. For the price, it is most definitely worth it..
    On HUKD purchasers have complained that some of the refurbed products from Dyson show signs of heavy wear. This is more of a problem for Irish buyers as the return costs will not be covered by Dyson if you are not happy. How much to return a product like this ? 30 euro maybe ? Is it worth the hassle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Thanks op replaced orginial animal 10 years old now. never gave a bit of trouble but handle falling apart,only 3.75 addresspal, :pac:
    brand new still in sealed wrapper, yellow stickers around buttons , nice machine very good suction for a light weight unit, on charge now , need to get adapters for older dyson tools ,anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Mine arrived today, thanks OP.
    It was brand new with a 2 year guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Mine arrived today, thanks OP.
    It was brand new with a 2 year guarantee
    How did you get two year uk or ie dyson site i got one year when i registered, very happy

how big is the box folks, is it too big for P/M lockers ?

Are you using Address pal or parcel wizard instead ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

Thanks OP!
    Received this yesterday. It looked pretty much brand new and came with a two year warranty (I registered and activated warranty today).
    I used DPD parcel wizard, no issues with delivering. Box was deceptively small. Around 4 foot x 1 foot. Cost me approx. €210 in total inclusive of DPD cost.
    It’s great. Suction is no way as good as my little Henry Hoover! But oh Lord, it’s so handy to just grab and go, especially on hard floors (I have a shedding hound dog! who sheds fine, needle like hairs at a rate of about a hundred per hour!)
    One thing I’m worried about already is that, sometimes the vacuum keeps going even without my finger on the trigger, which I don’t think should be the case.. delighted with it regardless!

raemie10 wrote: »
    Thanks OP!
    Received this yesterday. It looked pretty much brand new and came with a two year warranty (I registered and activated warranty today).
    I used DPD parcel wizard, no issues with delivering. Box was deceptively small. Around 4 foot x 1 foot. Cost me approx. €210 in total inclusive of DPD cost.
    It’s great. Suction is no way as good as my little Henry Hoover! But oh Lord, it’s so handy to just grab and go, especially on hard floors (I have a shedding hound dog! who sheds fine, needle like hairs at a rate of about a hundred per hour!)
    One thing I’m worried about already is that, sometimes the vacuum keeps going even without my finger on the trigger, which I don’t think should be the case.. delighted with it regardless!

how much was dpd p/w to deliver it ?

Am going to pick one up but am torn between V6 and V7.

Not sure if I can justify another €50 for a slightly longer running time and easier to empty bin.

brightkane wrote: »
    how much was dpd p/w to deliver it ?

€3.75
    All in it cost me €196 (Don't use Paypal exchange rates, I used a Revolut card)

chris1970 wrote: »
    How did you get two year uk or ie dyson site i got one year when i registered, very happy

I just registered on UK site, and it said I have activated a 2 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Anyone used Parcel motel for this as need a UK address

Ok ordered it and once delivered Parcel motel ring if to big for the box and you can collect it from their depot which is free or get it home delivered and cost to that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Registered mine today. However only got the one year and not the two year. I know that it's only supposed to be one year, but heard someone else who registered on this thread got 2 years so was just curious how that's working out for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Mine was basically brand new in the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Basq wrote: »
    Am going to pick one up but am torn between V6 and V7.

Not sure if I can justify another €50 for a slightly longer running time and easier to empty bin.

Is that the only differences? Is the cleaning head on the v7 not larger?

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Registered mine today. However only got the one year and not the two year. I know that it's only supposed to be one year, but heard someone else who registered on this thread got 2 years so was just curious how that's working out for people.

Do you register on the UK website or IE website ?

Advertisement