Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38+ Captain

• 23-07-2020 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭

City attacker or PEA most likely for me

GW38+ Captain 110 votes

PEA (WAT)
    58% 64 votes
    Pulisic (WOL)
    0% 1 vote
    Kane (cpl)
    0% 1 vote
    Vardy (MNU)
    0% 1 vote
    Martial (lei)
    0% 0 votes
    Bruno(lei)
    0% 1 vote
    Mane (new)
    0% 1 vote
    Salah (new)
    0% 0 votes
    Sterling (NOR)
    2% 3 votes
    KDB (NOR)
    16% 18 votes
    Jesus (NOR)
    2% 3 votes
    Dilva (NOR)
    3% 4 votes
    Mahrez (NOR)
    10% 11 votes
    Antonio (AVL)
    0% 1 vote
    Other
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I've Sterling, KDB and Dilva
    Will be moving it from one to the other until deadline day

On Sterling for now, hoping he starts

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gotta be Dilva for me

Edit* kinda shocked I was the 1st to vote for him, even if only from 7 votes so far

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking Dilva also. If I get him in on FH. Probably will. A lot of thinking to do yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dilva mainly for sentimental reasons. Probably my favourite Premier League player of all time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

sterking for now vice on harry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sterking for now vice on harry

Lol forgot about the whole Sterking. That gave me a chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I need a differential this week, about 20 points off top of paid league (I am in 2nd place) and he has Sterling and trip captain left, I have free hit left. I think Antonio might be the man to take a gamble on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

tony1980 wrote: »
    I need a differential this week, about 20 points off top of paid league (I am in 2nd place) and he has Sterling and trip captain left, I have free hit left. I think Antonio might be the man to take a gamble on.

West Ham are safe and playing an improved Villa fighting for their lives, it would certainly fill the criteria of a differential but I just can't see it paying off.

I'm in a similar position to you and am strongly thinking of taking a chance on Mahrez, never comfortable captaning a City player but have to roll the dice.

He hasn't started the last two so is definitely due a start in the Pep roulette, of the 9 GW's since return he has started 6 and only blanked once and of course they are at home to Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

Thinking Jesus as my saviour. Didn't score against Watford hoping for goals this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

1 from Sterling Dilva or Auba. TRIPLE CAPTAIN

On Sterling at the moment but comfortable lead in mini leagues might stick it on Silva given the day that's in it.
    He's in good form in recent weeks to at home.

Most likely Dilva Auba or Sterling in that order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

How are people justifying Sterling?

He started on Tuesday and Pep has already said he would use his full squad over the two games? Surely too much of a risk to go for him as C?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Green&Red wrote: »

He started on Tuesday and Pep has already said he would use his full squad over the two games? Surely too much of a risk to go for him as C?

In the running for golden boot against a terrible Norwich team

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

he's 4 goals behind Vardy. I don't think he'll be thinking about the golden boot, unless he were to bang in a couple of goals early on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

But he may not start? I’m not saying he couldn’t do it in 30 minutes but it was the first thing I thought when he started midweek

manual_man wrote: »
    he's 4 goals behind Vardy. I don't think he'll be thinking about the golden boot, unless he were to bang in a couple of goals early on

Well he was thinking of it when he was even further behind and took that penalty ahead of KDB.

It’s also City, who regularly bang in the goals, against Norwich who regularly allow teams to bang in the goals.

At first glance he easily looks the best option on paper.

It’s obviously Pep that’s the problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dilva baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

klopparama wrote: »
    Well he was thinking of it when he was even further behind and took that penalty ahead of KDB.

It’s also City, who regularly bang in the goals, against Norwich who regularly allow teams to bang in the goals.

At first glance he easily looks the best option on paper.

It’s obviously Pep that’s the problem though.

and the fact they all appear to literally be on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Green&Red wrote: »

He was subbed on 63 mins the last day so why didnt he let him play the full 90 and go for his hat trick if he wasnt planning on starting him the next day?

Mahrez and Dilva didnt start the last day either so they look likely to start v Norwich. KDB, Foden, Bilva and Jesus all played 90 v Watford so are at a bigger risk of rotation imo but who knows with Pep (thank god Sane is gone or that would complicate things even further!).

That's my (likely flawed) justification for giving Sterling the armband anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

He was subbed on 63 mins the last day so why didnt he let him play the full 90 and go for his hat trick if he wasnt planning on starting him the next day?

Mahrez and Dilva didnt start the last day either so they look likely to start v Norwich. KDB, Foden, Bilva and Jesus all played 90 v Watford so are at a bigger risk of rotation imo but who knows with Pep (thank god Sane is gone or that would complicate things even further!).

That's my (likely flawed) justification for giving Sterling the armband anyway.

Actually I just seen the article on Sterling in St Tropez on the other thread so that has floored my plans totally. Rushed to get him in for Bruno last night for fear of a price rise and now regretting my decision big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Ings not a captain option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

TC Dilva
    Not changing

Sterling KDB and Auba all in team too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

pulisic in a game chelsea have to win. he was explosive against liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 45,183 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Will Sterling even start?