Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"The Games I Don't Want to Forget" - Irish Charity 24 hour Stream - 31st July

• 27-07-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭

*Thanks to the mods for allowing this post.

My friend Paddy is doing a 24 hour live stream this Friday to raise money for CareBright www.carebright.ie and Yarn Social Day Club to help care for people with alzheimers and dementia.

He will be playing some of his favourite games, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 3 & Silent Hill 3 along with some indie games specifically about alzheimers and dementia. So jump on and support this great cause. Thanks!
    So here's the official announcement folks. Next Friday [31st July 2020] at 10pm GMT, I will be going live for 24 hours [until 10pm on the 1st August 2020] on Twitch & Facebook, raising money for CareBright and Yarn Social Day Club to help care for people with alzheimers and dementia.

This means ALOT to me, so please take a few minutes to check the video out and hope to see you all next weekend when the stream goes live. Even if you can't donate just popping on for some chat, or sharing the link out when we go live will be MASSIVELY appreciated.

So excited for this and really hope we can raise 1000 euros together for charity, all while playing some incredible games, LIVE

https://twitch.com/letssurvivepaddyplays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Followed him on twitch there, will pop in, great cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Will definitely donate. Well done in advance to him!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Followed him on Twitch there and will log in Friday night for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reminder that this is happening tonight at 10pm. Donation link is live now.

https://twitter.com/PaddyBass/status/1289217995797979136?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i followed this thread a few days ago. thanks for the reminder. looking forward to seeing what games are on show, and a good cause as well!

• Advertisement

i followed this thread a few days ago. thanks for the reminder. looking forward to seeing what games are on show, and a good cause as well!

The 3 big ones are Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 3 and Silent Hill 3. Kicking off at 10 with MGS, it's been ages since i played it, looking forward to watching that (as long as i can stay awake).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Silent hill 3 and not 2. scandalous

455 of 1000 raised so far, 1 hour in, 23 hours to go.

Metal Gear Solid finished a little while ago, resi 3 starting soon.

https://twitter.com/LS_PaddyPlays/status/1289472729121398785?s=19

• Advertisement

Just reached the 1000 euro goal and still going, currently mid resi 3. Thanks all who donated/shared/watched so far.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Last couple of hours now and Paddy is making his way through Silent Hill 3 and he's €40 short of stretch goal €1500. Resi 3 playthrough was class and he got video calls from actors who played bill Williamson in red dead and Leon in resi 2 remake to chat with people on the stream.

recyclops wrote: »
    Silent hill 3 and not 2. scandalous

I asked Paddy about this and he said he loved the first but when 2 came out, he didn't connect to it like he did the first one and then when 3 came out and was linked to 1 he found it the best he had played. Later, he went back and issuede 2 and realised it was the best in the series but 3 was his first favourite and stuck with him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    *Thanks to the mods for allowing this post.

My friend Paddy is doing a 24 hour live stream this Friday to raise money for CareBright www.carebright.ie and Yarn Social Day Club to help care for people with alzheimers and dementia.

I read this and, without clicking into anything else, I immediately thought 'I bet that's Paddy Murphy'! Clicked the youtube link and there was Mr. Murphy (work colleague from a few years back). Sound lad; a great cause and he did so well exceeding his original goal by so much (I wont tread on Zero-Cools thread by stating the final amount:eek:). The lady working for the charity explained on a call to Paddy during the stream tonight how much the money collected will benefit them and take so much financial pressure off them during these tough times. Reminds one how great this country and the people can be when called upon - and how the world is unequivocally better with games:). Thanks for the heads up Zero-Cool.

Haha tread away man!

Paddy finished the stream at €1,530 which was incredible. He didn't finish silent hill 3 but will get back to that another night. Resi 3 was a lot longer than i remembered. Was great hearing from Val from Carebright call in twice during the stream. Great bunch of people in the chat as well, really restores your faith in humanity witnessing something like this instead of the usual popular negative stuff.

Thanks to the mods again for allowing this (and my bumps), saw a couple of people on here donate which was awesome.

Donation link is live until 10am tomorrow morning if anyone still feels like.

https://tiltify.com/@letssurvivepaddyplays/lspp-the-games-i-dont-want-to-forget

Advertisement