Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cant Do Euromillions Past Tuesday

Options
  • 11-04-2020 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

Tried to do 8 draws a couple of weeks ago but the machine wouldn't sell the ticket (said "too many draws"). Managed to do max of 4. Then today, same thing. Cant do 8, nor 6, nor 4, nor 2. Could only do 1 draw .... Tuesday. When this happens its usually because there is a change coming, but I cant find anything online. The Euromillions site says something is happening on 1st Feb. But thats old news, right?

Anyone know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,121 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems the exact opposite that should be done in a crisis, this will result in more visits needed to newsagents, more risks of infection.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can anyone try rationalise the logic in that? Or are they expecting a potential suspension of the draw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Spain has suspended sales of tickets, perhaps that's the logic for it, as there isn't any other good reason for making people call to the shops and handle tickets.

Also with many bookies closed, and online ones starting to remove CCard/PPal and some cards as deposit method (not a bad thing), the brave new world will signal the end of the casual punter.

Would prefer if the go after anyone that buys and smokes cigs, has an enhanced BMI (and lives off fizzy pop, and chip shops), then consumes more than 40 units of booze per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Thx. That answers it all right. Not happy that I have to go to shop more often now. Am doing a work syndicate, so 8 draws was handy. Dont want to miss a draw as am convinced that that will be the one we would have won and my colleagues will kill me .... might be catastrophising a bit!

Good luck to everyone anyway ... Stay safe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭jacool

Thx. That answers it all right. Not happy that I have to go to shop more often now. Am doing a work syndicate, so 8 draws was handy. Dont want to miss a draw as am convinced that that will be the one we would have won and my colleagues will kill me .... might be catastrophising a bit!

Good luck to everyone anyway ... Stay safe!
    I was in that boat too, but they have just put it back to its pre-Covid 19 state again.

Advertisement