Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battlefield 4 Chat

• 27-09-2013 10:21pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, general chat for next week lads? :P

PC preload kicks in on Sunday, beta goes live on Tuesday, confirmed the beta will be 64 bit only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

All I have to say is I cant wait......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

All i hope for with BF4 is
    Vastly better gun sounds [to me sounds are hugely important in any game] gun sounds in BF3 all sounded similar and nowhere near meaty enough.
    Tone down the dust and stuff blowing about to restrict your view [never could get why they do that].
    Less WTF moments when your just killed for no reason with the silly "bad luck" message.
    Tone down the silly suppression.

I admit to only watching a few gameplay videos, mostly the recent ones from Frankie @1080 AnderZel and a few more.
    It does look like suppression is reduced and the dusk particles graphical effects designed to hamper your view are toned down too.
    Sounds? its hard to say as most videos have the usual talk over.
    I did hear a lot of radio chatter talk that sounded too similar to BF3,hope that changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Suppression will only come from Lmg's and sniper rifles. And I agree 100% about the gun sounds, played BC2 recently, dat sniper sound. Properly heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dcully wrote: »
    I did hear a lot of radio chatter talk that sounded too similar to BF3,hope that changes.

Most of the audio in the builds that have been out and played have been placeholder stuff from BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Fairfight might be interesting although it was trialed in BF3 and if you search youtube you'll see vids of people complaining about false positives. If it helps to kick or harass more cheaters then it's a good thing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Preloaded and ready to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Preloaded and ready to go :)

How big was the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Pre-Loaded as well , 5.1 gig ( I think )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭game4it70

Ready to go.
    5.6 gig for me.

Need to make room on family pc for it so i told my son i was uninstalling bf3.lol he wasn't impressed.
    Will go with plan b so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Preloaded and good to go :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

will it still keep everyones names from BF3 + profiles?
    will it be using battlelog like bf3?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

I cannot wait for Beta but I am on Xbox... :P And GTA V online out the same day?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    will it still keep everyones names from BF3 + profiles?
    will it be using battlelog like bf3?

Yes its using Battlelog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

doesnt look like we can proxy cheat early access like we did with bf3 beta :(

there appears to be one set clock on origin for beta launch.

though I hope we can cheat it for the full retail launch, just cause I can knock the single player on its head before the game is officially out and then when I dont need to worry about battlelog kicking me off when the proxy fails jump right into multiplayer

also lets not get too excited for the beta lets have a reminder of what sort of crap we dealt with when we got into bf3: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056403444

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    doesnt look like we can proxy cheat early access like we did with bf3 beta :(

there appears to be one set clock on origin for beta launch.

Think of it as everyone getting in early, rather than you can't cheat the system to get in early ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dcully wrote: »
    All i hope for with BF4 is
    Vastly better gun sounds [to me sounds are hugely important in any game] gun sounds in BF3 all sounded similar and nowhere near meaty enough.
    Tone down the dust and stuff blowing about to restrict your view [never could get why they do that].
    Less WTF moments when your just killed for no reason with the silly "bad luck" message.
    Tone down the silly suppression.

I admit to only watching a few gameplay videos, mostly the recent ones from Frankie @1080 AnderZel and a few more.
    It does look like suppression is reduced and the dusk particles graphical effects designed to hamper your view are toned down too.
    Sounds? its hard to say as most videos have the usual talk over.

The WTF 'bad luck' moments are the price we pay for destructable environments.
    Most of the time this happens, is because somone shoots the building beside you with a rocket and a part of the wall falls on you.

I'd say this will be more common in BF4 than BF3 if the environments are more destructable.

It's annoying, but that's war

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Akrasia wrote: »
    The WTF 'bad luck' moments are the price we pay for destructable environments.
    Most of the time this happens, is because somone shoots the building beside you with a rocket and a part of the wall falls on you.

I'd say this will be more common in BF4 than BF3 if the environments are more destructable.

It's annoying, but that's war

Ive had it happen out in the open many times, nowhere near a building.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Will the demo beta be only for those who purchased it, or for everyone?

From the 4th its an open beta,tomorrow it starts for those who qualify via other ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Can't wait for tomorrow :D:D:D:D.........but i gotta!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

9am guys :)

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?

I swear i'm an adult not an impatient kid. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

<cough> <cough> Feeling a bit rough, hope i'm not sick tomorrow......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Fairly looking forward to it now................Slight understatement :P GONNA BE UNREAAAAAL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I can't wait for the really ropey animation glitches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

When does the beta go live? Will we get it at midnight tonight?

Off work tomorrow so really hope we do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

the_syco wrote: »

if you have premium for bf3 you qualify.

Bloody PSN is down!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »

For Premium players, those who bought Medal of Honor Warfighter and those who preordered a digital copy (PC).

If you don't qualify for today then you have to wait till Friday.

Advertisement