Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Posy wrote: »
    I'm up 1.5 lb.

You're welcome, kk. :pac:

Thanks for taking it for me [:p]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

I skipped weigh in last week and will do so this week as I am off the rails and as the elves have rightly advised best to get the work issues boxed away then worry about it.

I did got for a run, 6km, and got burnt to a crisp. Then yesterday did a small weight session. I had planned to do one this morning however I got my first dose of the vaccine yesterday and they said no training (bar walking) or lifting for 3 days. Also no booze.

I woke this morning and all my joints are aching. The run was short and the weights light and easy so I blaming the jab. Just a bit sore all over, knuckles and ribs even. I will survive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just look after yourself and let the vaccine do it's job. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

L'prof wrote: »
    Week 0 - Up a nice bit :p

I almost felt bad devouring those pancakes yesterday. Almost. Time to give this another crack. If I could manage to log my food until Paddy’s day I’ll be happy out. I even bought a load of chocolate covered cardboard to keep the cravings at bay

Week 1: skip
    Week 2: -1.8lbs

I think I’ve logged half days in MFP here and there over the last couple of weeks. Managed to drop a bit of weight regardless but it doesn’t seem like an achievement when I let things slip so far. Really struggling with motivation at the moment, lots of stuff going on with family too that doesn’t help

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

So I finally invested in my own weighing scales as it does not seem I will have access to gym for a while. Weighed myself for the first time since before Christmas so going from that as a starting weight:

Week 1: -6.5lbs

I havnt drank in about 2 months so I putting it down to that because I am constantly eating crap! But definitely the motivation I needed today!

• Advertisement

Down 1lb this week so got my 3.5 stone award :D

kitten_k wrote: »

Happy Friday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Excellent stuff, well done kk!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Yaaaay, well done!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Well done Kitten :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Top work KK, keep it going.

Thanks guys

L'prof wrote: »

Week 3: Low battery

I’ll take it :pac:

Up half a pound this week. No idea why but suppose it could be worse.

I've gone off the rails the last couple of weeks, with late nights in work & a lack of exercise & going a little OTT on cake & beer for my birthday I know I'm probably back where I was post Christmas. will do a weigh in tomorrow to assess the damage... hopefully with the few days off next week I can get my act together though & get serious about my training again.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I'm having a spice bag tonight, and there will possibly be pizza tomorrow.
    Plus, I bought my Ferrero Rocher (nyom) easter egg yesterday.

I've decided I'm just going to stay off the wagon until after Easter. Comfort eating is all I've got right now! :pac:

I will join this party, work work work, the youngest elf is ill so little sleep which lead to a take away each of the past three nights. Plus chocolate.

My hip is in bit so little to no training. Too afraid to weigh in.

Embrace the scales Jude. For me the only thing worse than knowing how much I’ve gained is not knowing. If I don’t know then there’s no chance of me stopping the bad habits :p

What some people call bad habits I like to call life style choices :D

Weighed myself this morning, up a quarter of a lb. Expected far far worse so reasonably happy with that, just the 8 and a half lbs to lose now.

• Advertisement

I will go for it tomorrow. I have done zip that last while so it will be an eye opener and hopefully kick start something.

What ever the something is it will most likely be different. I can zone in the diet but my training will have to change. Age has caught up and I don't want to be talking about a new hip for a good few year yet but its constantly aching me. That plus my back and shoulder. I am thinking of swimming and lighter weights.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I'm having a spice bag tonight, and there will possibly be pizza tomorrow.
    Plus, I bought my Ferrero Rocher (nyom) easter egg yesterday.

I've decided I'm just going to stay off the wagon until after Easter. Comfort eating is all I've got right now! :pac:

I've been so far off the rails I can't even seen the rails anymore...

I need to start being better from today, I'll take Easter as a Mini Break and nom nom all the chocolate.

Started on 01 Feb so that is Week 0. My ultimate goal is under 80kg with alarm bells and put the fork down at 82kg.

I have documented my struggles with laziness, illness, injury and work issues. I'm ill again and the wee elf isnt sleeping so not the best time but thought I'd weigh in this morning, not as bad as I thought.

Week 0: 84.1kg
    Week 1: +1kg/2.2lb
    Week 2: 0kg/0lb
    Week 3: No weigh in
    Week 4: No weigh in
    Week 5: No weigh in
    Week 6: Down 0.1kg on Week 2 (so 84.9kg)

Jude13 wrote: »
    Started on 01 Feb so that is Week 0. My ultimate goal is under 80kg with alarm bells and put the fork down at 82kg.

I have documented my struggles with laziness, illness, injury and work issues. I'm ill again and the wee elf isnt sleeping so not the best time but thought I'd weigh in this morning, not as bad as I thought.

Week 0: 84.1kg
    Week 1: +1kg/2.2lb
    Week 2: 0kg/0lb
    Week 3: No weigh in
    Week 4: No weigh in
    Week 5: No weigh in
    Week 6: Down 0.1kg on Week 2 (so 84.9kg)

To be honest, with everything you had/have going on, that is pretty dam good. Definitely something you can work with.

Cheers TRS30 another night of sleeping in 40 minute intervals, back to the doc today with the little elf.

Cheers TRS30 another night of sleeping in 40 minute intervals, back to the doc today with the little elf.

Sorry to hear there are poorly, nothing serious I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

I stepped on the scales today and couldnt believe I was down 2 lbs! I am working full study and studying for exams i have next week, I am literally surviving on redbull, easter eggs and premade dinners!

so thats the secret if anyone is wondering! :)

Seriously though I will be finished my exams in 2 weeks and i will have to start eating better or doing more exercise, even though I am now down about 8/9 lbs since Christmas I still have 3st I want to shed!

Good work Phil. I lost 18kgs (just a under 3 stone) from 01 Sept to 12 Dec, it is well doable. Annoying, but doable.

Cheers TRS30, she has a viral infection and on a nebulizer but not improving so we were back at the medical centre yesterday, she now has a bacterial infection and an ear infection on top of the virus so we have a load of more nasal sprays, anti biotic etc. She's a trooper

Cheers TRS30, she has a viral infection and on a nebulizer but not improving so we were back at the medical centre yesterday, she now has a bacterial infection and an ear infection on top of the virus so we have a load of more nasal sprays, anti biotic etc. She's a trooper

I use to find it hard when they were too young to be able to tell you what was wrong. Sounds like the poor little thing has lots going on however kids are very resilient and are great at bouncing back.

Hopefully she’ll be back to herself in no time and you can get some sleep!!

• Advertisement

Oh, I remember those early days when they get sick, its so hard, the worst of it always comes at night too, many's the bad night sleep had due to staying up with them, soothing them & trying to help them sleep. As already said, its harder when they're too young to understand whats going on and are distressed, you just want to make it better as fast as you can. Fingers crossed the meds kick in soon Jude & things will get back to normal.

Advertisement