Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonmel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Tremelo wrote: »
    I heard that that nice little pancake parlour in Irishtown is now closed. It's a shame. It was the only one of its kind and did great pancakes. :(
    Its closed, seemed to be doing a great trade and one week end it just closed up, goes to show you never really know how a business is trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Went For A Random Spin Tonight And Ended Up In Clonmel :)

Businesses that have recently closed in Clonmel

4 Star pizza
    Present Time
    Birthdays card shop
    The Crepe shop in Irishtown

New businesses opening in Clonmel
    A kebab shop where 4 star was
    A Chinese restaurant and take away above domino's pizza at top of Cashel road.

There may be more opening or closing that I am not aware of.

Where to get a cheap pint and a bite to eat in Clonmel

The polish pub in Irishtown have a daily special offer, its a jug of draught lager or cider for 10e, there is 3.5 pints in the jug. After 6pm you can still get the jug but they reduce the price of a pint to 3.50e also.

I got very merry for 20e in there recently, its a nice pub with a good mixture of people passing through.

The fish and chip shop in Marks and Sparks shopping centre are offering 2 cod and chips and two drinks for 10e with a voucher you can get in the free papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dunna

A friend of mine got a large sum of cash stolen today on the main street in clonmel. He is not from the area and is looking for any suggestions you may have to help him to try and get this cash back???
    He has contacted the local garda station and the shops he was in and to no avail.
    Anyone with any tips or suggestions on ANYthing else he could do to try to locate this?
    We are aware it is cash and in this day in age is most likely dead dust but just thought id put it out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Mulvee

I reckon by Christmas the only places that will be open in Market Place will be

Elverys
    Superquinn
    O Tuama's
    XtraVision
    Chapmans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Mulvee wrote: »
    I reckon by Christmas the only places that will be open in Market Place will be

Elverys
    Superquinn
    O Tuama's
    XtraVision
    Chapmans

and I wouldn't be too sure about Superquinn,which the owners are trying to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Aren't xtravision in a bit of trouble nation wide at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

tippspur wrote: »
    Aren't xtravision in a bit of trouble nation wide at the moment?

Yeah, in fact I thought that was old news and they were already closed up. Someone mentioned Xtravision to me and I thought what the hell are you talking about, they're already gone. Not sure why I got that mixed up. Although most of my friends have good broadband and just download all the movies they want, when they want them. I don't and wouldn't, I am a fan of itunes though. I much prefer to pay a euro thirty cent or whatever to have the exact song I want instead of paying out much more in a physical store. It is hard to beat the price and convenience of downloads.

You are probably getting mixed up with Chartbusters who closed down a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭pooch90

You are probably getting mixed up with Chartbusters who closed down a couple of months ago.

Examiners have been appointed to Xtravision though so they're possible gone too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Just wondering what people think of the Showgrounds? I live very close to it so would probably use M and S maybe once every 2 weeks for a treat, have occasionally bought something from the wine shop and a few cds over christmas from Golden Discs but that's it.

I've heard from people working in there that a lot of the shops won't make the rent next year. I think some or all of them got the first year rent free as part of their lease. Argos is rumoured to be much quieter than they'd hoped. I have to say as a place to shop it's entirely off my radar. I always head into town and would never think of popping in there to look at the clothes shops. Sounds like I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Golden Discs is well, gold. Some very cheap stuff in there in terms of DVDs, their music discs are all right to an extent.

But there's no ATM in there, whatsoever. Nearest ones are walks away. It's an utterly ridiculous hole. It lost Golden Discs €15 yesterday. Other than that, I don't really use it so can't comment greatly.

Golden Discs is well, gold. Some very cheap stuff in there in terms of DVDs, their music discs are all right to an extent.

But there's no ATM in there, whatsoever. Nearest ones are walks away. It's an utterly ridiculous hole. It lost Golden Discs €15 yesterday. Other than that, I don't really use it so can't comment greatly.

There's this thing called a Laser card...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭pooch90

This p1sses me off too. What were they thinking building a shopping centre with no ATM?
    I said it to the staff in a few of the shops there when it first opened, they said they didn't think there was plans to put one in and said it made their jobs awkward.
    Laser charges you per transaction AFAIK, why should you have to use your card repeatedly and incur repeated bank charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I made the same comment to one of the staff just after it opened and she said that there's a substantial change by the banks for installing a bank machine and the shops weren't willing to pay it. The management of the centre should have taken the hit on that charge surely. I use my laser card for most things but there's a minimum charge usually so if you're only buying something under a fiver it's impossible.

cml387 wrote: »
    There's this thing called a Laser card...

You can call 'round and throw some money into the account if you want so?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You can call 'round and throw some money into the account if you want so?

LOLWUT? they didn't lose €15 so if you didn't have the €15 in your bank account to withdraw anyway, even if there was an ATM there ;)

The discount shop in the showgrounds is brilliant, its handy having an Argos in town too,its never been busy the few times ive been in there.
    Would agree there should be an atm machine in the centre.

callaway92 wrote: »
    LOLWUT? they didn't lose €15 so if you didn't have the €15 in your bank account to withdraw anyway, even if there was an ATM there ;)

I've two bank accounts. One with the Laser is idle. Other without Laser isn't. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can get shirataki noodles in any supermarkets? (tesco aldi superquinn dunnes lidl or supervalu) If not would they order them does anyone know?

I can get them online but they want 10e for 2 small bagseek.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I've two bank accounts. One with the Laser is idle. Other without Laser isn't. :rolleyes:
    cool
    story
    bro

:rolleyes:

In Another Forum,it is suggested that the Limerick Junction -Waterford rail line is under threat again.

Despite the fact that a lot of money was spent on upgrading the permanent way,it seems that rumours of closure are once again in the air.

I did ask in Another Forum for any source for this rumour, but the thread was hijacked by the professional axe grinders who post there.

So,anybody hear anything official or semi-official?

callaway92 wrote: »
    cool
    story
    bro

:rolleyes:

Eh, you're the one who asked me about it. The stupidity of the people on the internet never ceases to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

cml387 wrote: »
    In Another Forum,it is suggested that the Limerick Junction -Waterford rail line is under threat again.

Despite the fact that a lot of money was spent on upgrading the permanent way,it seems that rumours of closure are once again in the air.

I did ask in Another Forum for any source for this rumour, but the thread was hijacked by the professional axe grinders who post there.

So,anybody hear anything official or semi-official?

my brother works for a contractor maintaining the railways will see what he can find out,

Anyone remember Brennan's pub? Noted for its snooker tables.

There were rumours that it's being started up again. Anyone have any ideas or information about it?

Anyone remember Brennan's pub? Noted for its snooker tables.

There were rumours that it's being started up again. Anyone have any ideas or information about it?
    I heard the guy that owns Bate's up the road from it are going to open Brennan's again.

I heard the guy that owns Bate's up the road from it are going to open Brennan's again.

Yeah I heard the same. Hopefully it'll be a good alternative to Circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 curtainpoles

the guy whoowns bates now is re-opening brennans and as far as i know its gonna be members only..... also heard there gonna have awives club in the front bar where you can drop the bird off on the way in and collect her on the way home (his wife is running that side of it!) :D

A wife's club?? Gerry Brennan must be turning in his grave.

• Advertisement

That's pathetic.

Advertisement