Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nenagh Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Easons still open. Sanitizer just inside the door.

Was in Aldi Saturday (won't make that mistake again) it was crazy busy. Staff very good though, shelves fairly well stocked but no toilet paperor handwash (except the fancy no.4 one). Wipes and spray for cleaning tolley(but inside second door so you would have already touched your trolley at that stage, would make more sense to have in lobbey area next to trollies) and markings on floor for social distancing queuing at till.

Pepes also open for takeaway. Really good system where you ring, order and pay, then pull up outside and they'll bring food to car. Was very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Nenagh Guardian will post a copy of the paper out to you for the next few weeks. If you have any older family members on their own and who are not leaving their homes its a good idea. Older people still love the copy of the local paper and its a way to keep their minds active by having something to read. This social distancing cant be good for those at risk of dementia etc

A bit of life going into the Lisbunny industrial estate with the announcement of 150 jobs by lunch box. A number of companies in North Tipp to get a spin off boast from this such as stapletons in roscrea and goliath packing in nenagh.

Its awfully depressing driving down to the NCT centre in there another operating company in there might help take the glum look off the place

This thread is as sleepy as, well, Nenagh these days.

Heading down home in a few days, will stop nearby into Nenagh. How is local business? Is everything back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

This thread is as sleepy as, well, Nenagh these days.

Heading down home in a few days, will stop nearby into Nenagh. How is local business? Is everything back?

Everything open now (except pubs) as far as I can see. Was in the swimming pool yesterday and today - god, it's great to be back in the pool!

The town is busy everyday. The shops seem to be buzzing. It's good to see folk out and about. There's a reasonable level of mask wearing too, which is good to see.

All the cafes are back open so you can indulge in your favourite beverage + cake if you'd like :)

Theres a bit of a buzz around the last few weekends. People gald to be out and about. Anywhere serving food are busy enough. If your planning on getting dinner out..phone ahead to book a table. Think the hotel reopened this week too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

I had a lovely meal in “the thatched” with my family last week.the food and staff was first class.
    i have been thinking that that Spout road up to the junction with summer hill is looking like it needs love or affection from the town, considering it is the first view most visitors receive and considering that the residents there have persistently gone above the call for the town in making that view deserving of admiration over the years!

Could someone recommend a doctor in Nenagh preferably female. I moved to the town a couple of years ago but never signed up to on

GMS)
    Dr. Brenda O'Halloran (GMS) 27 Ormond Keep, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. phone number is (067) 32849.

• Advertisement

Red Hare wrote: »
    GMS)
    Dr. Brenda O'Halloran (GMS) 27 Ormond Keep, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. phone number is (067) 32849.

She has retired

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Not a woman but Dr Pat Harold is excellent, there might be a female Doctor at the surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Very nice lady dr in dr. o keefe's practice. always found her very good. Same goes for dr o keefe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Could someone recommend a doctor in Nenagh preferably female. I moved to the town a couple of years ago but never signed up to on

If you don't find something in Nenagh, you could check out PMC.ie, GP, Dr Beatrice Neufeldt. Not the cheapest, though.

I always understood that Banba Square was called after the ancient Irish godess- and that is why Jamsey got knocked down and replaced with a mixture of christianity and republicanism in front of the court house.
    Am I right or wrong in my thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I always understood that Banba Square was called after the ancient Irish godess- and that is why Jamsey got knocked down and replaced with a mixture of christianity and republicanism in front of the court house.
    Am I right or wrong in my thinking?

Correct, she was a goddess in Tuatha Dé Danann.

Oh thanks Pogue Eile - Lets release the Goddess - as soon as corona permits!!

I remember all those rose petals we threw years ago in front of Banba making our procession in white dresses at Corpus Christi. God's blood'n little girls petals -
    the IRA - the court - the cinema - the bank and the coal yard - all together in Banba Square - where would you get it - but Banba Quare n Square in Naynah!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

How are we doing lads!?

I've just located back to Nenagh for the next 6-8 months due to Covid.

Place was dead when I arrived a few weeks ago, but seems to have picked up now, post lockdown.

Few vacant shops around, but it seems the surviving businesses are keeping the good side out, fair play to them. Many provincial towns can look quite boring and depressing, but I think Nenagh ain't bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

I wonder does anybody know of a place where I might be able to store a car for the winter months (under cover). Bonus points for electric so I can keep the car on trickle charge.

Willing to pay obviously.

Anyone recommend a good landscape/gardening company in the nenagh area for a small garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Anyone recommend a good landscape/gardening company in the nenagh area for a small garden

I have used gardenia a few times.

On Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is there any good auto electrician in the nenagh area??

Last night, around 9.30 p.m. I was delivering some things to a friend down on Church Street, and was walking back to my car when 3 young people, one on a bike, were sulking around the bottom of Church Street, I'd say about 17/18 yrs. One of them was a bit younger. Passed them by, and one guy cycles up behind me, hitting the tyre off the back of my foot. I said "what are you doing? Get the fcuk..." and then a ginger one who was now beside me swung his arm with such force that I landed on the ground. I didnt know what was happening before I was getting punches to the head, a kick to the chest and another to the nape of my neck.

All I remember is lying there for a moment, not yet in pain, thinking "is this real?" It was so out of the blue. One moment I was walking to my car, the next I was on the ground looking ag these kids running off towards town. It felt like ages, it couldn't have been more than 30 seconds.

I rang the Guards but since I only saw the overweight ginger chap, I told them don't bother. My jaw is killing me today but it's grand. They were lousy punches.

I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone, does this particular group sound familiar? Don't name anyone, of course. They were so casual about it they must be doing it for the laugh. Such a strange thing to happen in Nenagh. I've never had the slightest trouble before there.

Two shocking things there.

1) that anti social behaviour has spread so much down the country.
    2) that nobody expects the police to do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭jprboy

Sorry to hear about that, ATNM.

Glad to hear you're not badly hurt.

I presume you mean Church Road? Did this happen near the cinema?

I'd class that as unusual for Nenagh where, in my experience, you only find trouble if you go looking for it.

That's a serious assault, though, and if they get away scot free it's simply a licence for them to become repeat offenders.

I disagree with you telling the Gardai not to bother with it. I'd be insisting that they follow up on this.

jprboy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that, ATNM.

Glad to hear you're not badly hurt.

I presume you mean Church Road? Did this happen near the cinema?

I'd class that as unusual for Nenagh where, in my experience, you only find trouble if you go looking for it.

That's a serious assault, though, and if they get away scot free it's simply a licence for them to become repeat offenders.

I disagree with you telling the Gardai not to bother with it. I'd be insisting that they follow up on this.
    Oh yes, Church Road, sorry am not from the town itself.

Yeah I will make a report, there might be CCTV. I'm just bewildered because Nenagh is a very safe town. Even when bars were open, I wouldn't think twice about walking through the town on a weekend night.

If nothing else, anyone who happens to be walking around at night might do well to just cross the road if they see three young lads of this description, loitering. They were so casual about it, I cannot imagine it's an isolated thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,186 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Monkey see monkey do.

Those kids have probably seen other little blackguards online using the same MO.

Definitely follow up with AGS they should be keen to nip this in the bud.

Too much gets classified as ASB these days, that was an assault.

I don't live in Nenagh but I know the town and I think it is unusual but if they get away with it things will go downhill.

If you know a local councillor it would be no harm to get on to them.

I am struck by the references to ginger being made in this description of the event

I am struck by the references to ginger being made in this description of the event
    Apologies to all red-heads. I only mention it because his hair was a nearly fluorescent shade of ginger and also mentioned his size because those are the only two features (along with a very 'flat' face) that I can remember; just so people are aware, if out walking at night etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Makes my blood boil

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/news/626738/tipperary-gardai-investigating-report-of-swans-being-shot-outside-nenagh.html

"An incident in which several swans were shot dead outside Nenagh is being investigated by authorities."

****ing sickening, absolutely disgusting and hopefully they get this ****er

Advertisement