Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-03-2020, 09:26   #1
brophs

Garmin Forerunner 235 €120 in Argos

Saw this on HUKD and as it’s still in stock in some stores, it might be of some use to someone. Not the newest watch, but really good value at that price.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/pa...Forerunner.htm
Advertisement
21-03-2020, 12:17   #2
deconduo

Yeah that's a fantastic price for a solid running watch.
21-03-2020, 12:30   #3
Damo 2k9

Send a message via MSN to Damo 2k9
Brilliant price for that. Have had the 235 for 2+ years and not a single problem with it.
22-03-2020, 07:48   #4
Roberto_gas

How is heart rate accuracy and battery life ? Its 4 year old model and have heard negative things ! Thank u
22-03-2020, 08:05   #5
rambunctious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
How is heart rate accuracy and battery life ? Its 4 year old model and have heard negative things ! Thank u
Got rid of a Fitbit Versa and got this instead about a year ago. Battery life is great. Even though it's waterproof I charge it each day while in the shower and that's it. If only wearing for workouts/runs etc... you should still get a couple of weeks between charges. Haven't done any serious research but heart rate and sleep seemed comparable to the Fitbit. I've read about heart rate inaccuracies on these but never experienced it and a separate chest strap monitor, will always give better results than any of these built in wrist monitors. Solid watch, fast GPS and a bargain at that price.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-03-2020, 13:14   #6
Rowley Birkin QC

Nice, thanks OP.

I've reserved one while I research. Is there anything else in the same ballpark that's comparable?

I have a cheapo tracker and have been meaning to get something like this. Use an android phone, presume that doesn't complicate things?
22-03-2020, 13:31   #7
iggy

Cheers.
Ordered one to replace my Huawei W1 which has packed in.
Out of stock in liffey Valley but available from Wed /Fri
22-03-2020, 13:42   #8
ted1

I’ve reserved one but might leave it. I currently have a charge 2, it has a good battery life and can record cycles aswell as runs. The garmin does not seem to be able to do cycles
Thanks from:
22-03-2020, 14:30   #9
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambunctious1 View Post
Got rid of a Fitbit Versa and got this instead about a year ago. Battery life is great. Even though it's waterproof I charge it each day while in the shower and that's it. If only wearing for workouts/runs etc... you should still get a couple of weeks between charges. Haven't done any serious research but heart rate and sleep seemed comparable to the Fitbit. I've read about heart rate inaccuracies on these but never experienced it and a separate chest strap monitor, will always give better results than any of these built in wrist monitors. Solid watch, fast GPS and a bargain at that price.
Thanks I was thinking about versa as fitbit has a big community! Why do you charge it daily if i may ask !
Advertisement
22-03-2020, 16:30   #10
opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin QC View Post
Nice, thanks OP.

I've reserved one while I research. Is there anything else in the same ballpark that's comparable?

I have a cheapo tracker and have been meaning to get something like this. Use an android phone, presume that doesn't complicate things?
It's one of the older Garmin models but pretty well regarded, detailed review here.

No problem using an Android phone, you just need to install their Garmin Connect app, works very well.
Thanks from:
22-03-2020, 18:29   #11
fitzer1982

Thanks OP, grabbed one in Drogheda early this morning. I remember this being close to 300 euro in price a couple of years ago.
22-03-2020, 18:54   #12
ULMarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
I've had its sibling, the 230, which doesn't have the HRM for 5 years. The battery is still grand. I can't speak for HR accuracy of course. I use a chest strap with mine.

Though the watch is useless for both pool and open water swimming. If you had interest in swimming the cheapest option from Garmin would be the 735xt. Otherwise the 235 is still a fantastic choice.
23-03-2020, 16:03   #13
Rowley Birkin QC

Weird, I reserved one, got the email and went to check it there for when I could collect but it doesn't have a reservation number?

Anyone have a spare reservation they didn't use?
23-03-2020, 17:17   #14
Reg'stoy

Heads up for people whose local argos mightn't have one in stock, got a similar watch using Harvey Norman's price match promise. Don't let them fudge you off saying that it has to be in stock in a local argos, any one will do.

As far as I know, curry's, Powercity and DID do similar price match promises.
(2) thanks from:
24-03-2020, 09:05   #15
Rossie11

Back up to 180euro again
damn it..
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text