Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-02-2020, 16:22   #46
cronos

I would join a family if someone want's to setup.
Advertisement
25-02-2020, 17:03   #47
irlgirl

also interested in a family plan
25-02-2020, 18:09   #48
Full_Circle_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarer View Post
Will the UK/Ireland get the 4K/HDR content?
I'd imagine so, as it'll be one of the big selling points.
25-02-2020, 18:26   #49
Monokne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
I’m not so sure. Most people, including myself, thought the main advantage of Disney+ is that content wouldn’t be disappearing, given that they actually own all their stuff. It’d always be there. That this would be a reliable vault for all their stuff. That’s not what’s happening with the service in the States, because Disney is hungry as fawk and doesn’t want to give up those licensing deals.
Perhaps I am not keeping a close enough eye, but I've been using Disney+ since day one and I don't know of anything that has disappeared.
25-02-2020, 18:36   #50
Sleeper12

So far, the list of titles removed includes Dr. Dolittle, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Sandlot, Flicka, Strange Magic, and The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration, as well as The Shaggy Dog and Garfield 2: A Tail of Two Kitties, which were quietly removed in 2019.
Advertisement
25-02-2020, 18:37   #51
ReginaldSmythV

What’s the story with the content here? I’d seen some stories about shows being delayed or not being shown at all.
25-02-2020, 18:39   #52
Monokne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
So far, the list of titles removed includes Dr. Dolittle, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Sandlot, Flicka, Strange Magic, and The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration, as well as The Shaggy Dog and Garfield 2: A Tail of Two Kitties, which were quietly removed in 2019.
Ah ok, surprised I didn't notice Home Alone going, kids love that and have watched it multiple times.
25-02-2020, 18:44   #53
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaldSmythV
What’s the story with the content here? I’d seen some stories about shows being delayed or not being shown at all.

Its unlikely that The Simpsons will be on it. Having said that the Simpsons originally wasn't to be on the US version either but they changed this after an out cry from the public before launch. The Mandelorian was released each week for 8 weeks on the US version & it's likely to be the same here.
25-02-2020, 18:49   #54
ReginaldSmythV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
Its unlikely that The Simpsons will be on it. Having said that the Simpsons originally wasn't to be on the US version either but they changed this after an out cry from the public before launch. The Mandelorian was released each week for 8 weeks on the US version & it's likely to be the same here.
The latter of those is one I wanted to see and I’d heard rumours we (and the UK) wouldn’t see it at launch at all.
Advertisement
25-02-2020, 19:09   #55
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaldSmythV View Post
The latter of those is one I wanted to see and I’d heard rumours we (and the UK) wouldn’t see it at launch at all.

This is the biggest attraction for adults on Disney Plus. They will have it on launch but I doubt they will drop all 8 episodes on the channel an launch day. It makes sense that they spread it out over 8 weeks so you have to subscribe for at least two months. I enjoyed the show. Eight episodes just wasn't long enough
25-02-2020, 19:11   #56
marklazarcovic

Vpns aren't illegal btw.. they just don't want you using them to access geo restricted content,but it's not illegal to do it. They have to be shown to disallow them so ,hence the blocks by Netflix etc
25-02-2020, 20:55   #57
kheb

I would be interested in a family plan too. Thanks.
25-02-2020, 20:56   #58
campo

Also interested in joining a family plan if anyone has a spot
25-02-2020, 21:42   #59
danielgalway

I would be interested in joining a family group
25-02-2020, 21:47   #60
Monokne

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklazarcovic View Post
Vpns aren't illegal btw.. they just don't want you using them to access geo restricted content,but it's not illegal to do it. They have to be shown to disallow them so ,hence the blocks by Netflix etc
Is your screen name a play on lazar markovic???
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion