Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toenail removal

• 18-09-2019 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend the least painful way to remove an ingrown toenail?

Is laser an option ?

Thanks jrby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

jrby wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend ...

Yes. Your doctor can.

Can anyone here recommend..?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jrby

Yes. Your doctor can.

Can anyone here recommend..?

No.

Thanks appreciate people can’t provide medical advice or make recommendations.

I was hoping to find out if laser is possible in Dublin and if so who does it. Rather than a recommendation.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Never heard of laser being used in an ingrowning toenail, but I’d be interested to know more if this was now a thing.

Patient.co.uk has an information leaflet you could look at - https://patient.info/foot-care/ingrowing-toenails-ingrown-toenails.

Otherwise, you tend to need a professional to use something sharp to sort it out!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most painful way possibly was the only one that stopped it happening for me. Partial nail bed excision to both big toes. Delightful smell of burning flesh and quite nasty wounds for a few days / dressings for weeks

Clearly done by a trained professional

Advertisement