Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil ceremonies only

Options
  • 12-09-2019 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for civil ceremony only venues. We have found some nice places for the reception but the civil ceremony part doesn't blow us away. I was wondering if there were any quirky places where you could have your civil ceremony and then head off to the reception (a bit like going to the church first I guess). Based in East of Ireland.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Carlingford Heritage Centre is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

City Hall in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

National Art Gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Brooklodge has an unconsicrated chapel on site. I've heard that Dublin zoo do weddings also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Smock Alley Theatre
    Dublin Zoo
    National Gallery
    Vaults of Christchurch

Outside Dublin, Mount Druid have a fab tin chapel, and Carlingford heritage centre is lovely too.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Brooklodge has an unconsicrated chapel on site. I've heard that Dublin zoo do weddings also

I got married in Brooklodge in 2011 and had a Unitarian ceremony in their "chapel". This was pre Humanist ceremonies. Great option - super for photos inside and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Maritime museum in Dún Laoghaire.

Advertisement