Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Pity Weezer are gone to absolute sh*te.

Have to agree. The Blue album by them is a bonafide masterpiece. A stunning album from start to finish. Perfect blend of catchy songwriting with killer riffs. I was 15 when it came out and i never stopped listening to it. Still gets a spin every few months. If they had continued with that quality on their album i firmly believe they'd be one of the biggest bands in the world now. Such a shame they went bland.

So never seen Weezer live so will probably go for a few of the old hits. Saw Green Day at Reading, great crack. Fall Out Boy can **** the **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

Wow so much hate for FOB. Listened to all 3 growing up, FOB only band I would still listen to regularly out of the 3 of them, and the only one of them I've seen live (twice) - Riotfest 2013 outdoor gig they were only OK, and London O2 2018 which was surprisingly one of the best gig's I've been to, cracking atmosphere, entire place knew the songs and great stage display. Would say they are much bigger than Weezer based on their popularity in London, more appeal to young and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Weezer are the openers on this tour for a reason, they're the least currently popular..

Weezer will get aPprox 45mins
    FoB an hour(maybe 1 15), so their full set without an encore

GD 2 hours then

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ollkiller wrote: »
    Have to agree. The Blue album by them is a bonafide masterpiece. A stunning album from start to finish. Perfect blend of catchy songwriting with killer riffs. I was 15 when it came out and i never stopped listening to it. Still gets a spin every few months. If they had continued with that quality on their album i firmly believe they'd be one of the biggest bands in the world now. Such a shame they went bland.

So never seen Weezer live so will probably go for a few of the old hits. Saw Green Day at Reading, great crack. Fall Out Boy can **** the **** off.

Blue album is great alright. Pinkerton is actually pretty good too and the green album isn't too bad either. But they fall off a cliff after that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Blue album is great alright. Pinkerton is actually pretty good too and the green album isn't too bad either. But they fall off a cliff after that!

Aye a few good tracks on the green album and Pinkerton is well good but blue is the pinnacle. And what a cliff they fell off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The price is good but a Monday night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Weezer were unreal in Lisbon a couple of months ago. haven't seen Greenday since Wittnness 2002.
    FOB weren't too bad supporting Chilis a couple of years ago in Belfast but not my thing really

• Registered Users Posts: 23 quazzy1

ollkiller wrote: »
    Aye a few good tracks on the green album and Pinkerton is well good but blue is the pinnacle. And what a cliff they fell off then.

'Everything Will Be Alright In The End' and 'The White Album' are both definitely worth checking out. The few albums before them were crap enough, but these 2 are their best in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Try to keep it that way. Pure dirt. Hopefully I never meet that bassist in person. I'm not a violent person but he makes me want to punch things!

Literally any other band would've been better.

All 3 should be confined to their material pre 2000.

Might be difficult to confine Fall Out Boy to pre-2000 material given they formed in 2001.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Might be difficult to confine Fall Out Boy to pre-2000 material given they formed in 2001.

ha, that's a gotcha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The price is good but a Monday night :(

Same old story ,give the Irish the rubbish midweek gigs.

Expecting good seating tickets to the around €120

From €79.50 is bringing peoples hopes up. Prob a small few tickets at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

showpony1 wrote: »
    Fall Out Boy a lot of "newer" stuff as in after the first 3/4 albums - could under stand
    them wanting to put in few new tracks but living out things like Grand Theft Autumn?

Grand Theft Autumn is usually a mainstay, just not at the last two shows (festivals in Japan)
    More like this for their own shows: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fall-out-boy/2018/the-o2-arena-london-england-6bef62d6.html with Disloyal Order, Hum Hallelujah, Thriller & Lake Effect Kid usually being rotated in every now and again. Chicago is so two years ago gets the odd showing too, could be worse :pac:
    (Lake Effect Kid is a pre-Folie demo they finished/released last year https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O68VJ6g1qfk )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

While none of their recent albums have been classics, there have been plenty of decent tracks on all the Weezer albums going back to the Red Album. Make Believe was rubbish h though.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

Fall Out Boy I never listened to so not too pushed about seeing them, but Green Day and Weezer I would love to see playing. Loved these guys since they came out and still listen to their stuff a good bit. Only had Pinkerton on in the car yesterday.
    I'll definitely be looking for tickets to this show!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Whoosh....
    That's the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭endainoz

Not the biggest Fall out Boy fan, but they definitely have a few big hits from the mid 00s that are definitely memorable. Admittedly I haven't listened to much green day since American idiot but it's an iconic album. Pair that with international superhits and that's all the green day I need. I remember seeing them in 2005 at Oxegen during the American Idiot tour. Amazing stuff. I still like Weezer too, I even enjoyed the cover of Africa and I'll enjoy it at the RDS next summer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Grand Theft Autumn is usually a mainstay, just not at the last two shows (festivals in Japan)
    More like this for their own shows: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fall-out-boy/2018/the-o2-arena-london-england-6bef62d6.html with Disloyal Order, Hum Hallelujah, Thriller & Lake Effect Kid usually being rotated in every now and again. Chicago is so two years ago gets the odd showing too, could be worse :pac:
    (Lake Effect Kid is a pre-Folie demo they finished/released last year https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O68VJ6g1qfk )

Love so many of the album tracks form under the cork tree and take this to your grave! things like "centuries" have no appeal at all to me.
    The take over breaks over would be another good one live not there.

With green day find it weird guys who are almost in there 50s singing like a bunch of teenagers but what can ya do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

The Fall Out Boy snobbery is definitely amusing given most of anyone outside pop punk aficionados would view all three bands with the same general level of pleasant amusement. I'm not trying to be a dick, either, I love all three. But Weezer have always been a stoner novelty of that Jackass zeitgeist and Green Day jumped the shark when they turned into a living, breathing version of Jeremy's '**** Bush!' poem from Peep Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Fall Out Boy snobbery is definitely amusing given most of anyone outside pop punk aficionados would view all three bands with the same general level of pleasant amusement. I'm not trying to be a dick, either, I love all three. But Weezer have always been a stoner novelty of that Jackass zeitgeist and Green Day jumped the shark when they turned into a living, breathing version of Jeremy's '**** Bush!' poem from Peep Show.

Green Days first 2 breakthrough hits centred around firstly pulling the plum off yourself and then it was going to a male prostitute :pac:

Weezer wrote Only in Dreams.

Just an amazing song.

Ash did an even better cover on the b side to burn baby burn.

Weezer wrote Only in Dreams.

Just an amazing song.

Ash did an even better cover on the b side to burn baby burn.

They'd want to play that alright, Ash cover was class alright they've even toured together a few times never here of course.

They'd want to play that alright, Ash cover was class alright they've even toured together a few times never here of course.

Don't think its played regularly. Pity

Would love to see a weezer Ash double bill.

With Charlotte back in the band. You know who she plays with now, guitarist for Birdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    With green day find it weird guys who are almost in there 50s singing like a bunch of teenagers but what can ya do

They were always a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

But Weezer have always been a stoner novelty

Stoner novelty? That's a new one on me. I'd also argue their peak was in the 90s long before Jackass even began.

Don't think its played regularly. Pity

Would love to see a weezer Ash double bill.

With Charlotte back in the band. You know who she plays with now, guitarist for Birdy.

Really that's madness appears they are dropping a bunch of their original numbers for sub standard versions of Take on Me, Africa and No Scrubs.

Re: Charlotte, Didn't know she was active tbh when she briefly came back to the band prob my fave gig I've seen of theirs, seen them a few times since not quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭endainoz

PTH2009 wrote:

The stones have been doing that for the last 40 odd years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Maybe for millenials, but those of us who enjoyed green day and weezer back in the 90s could gladly go without hearing Pete Wentz and Co's idea of pop punk. I wouldn't call it snobbery either. It's just that those two bands were pretty much done by 1999 and everything thereafter was an attempt to try and remain in the spotlight but nowhere near as good/releb3.

Advertisement