Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In , car parked up for the night , fire lighting , Grand Designs (more4) , on here . The house in the woods , definitely a favourite in it's simplicity .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Downtown Basel is so clean, they don’t allow personal cars to drive around ......

Last time I was in Basel I was on a BSA, it was the summer of 1974 and The Rubettes had a hit with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0OHj3fqR6Q. :) The Basel road system seemed an impossible Rubik's cube of one way streets.

Now homeside - Met.ie got todays Dubland weather down to a tee

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It took me double time to drive home this evening. Actually never drove through floods as bad before, was scary.
    I'm now debating going to bed early just because it's a ****ty evening and nothing on TV.

Same here! might read some ghost stories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

I'd say Shirley Manson of Garbage is absolutely delighted with herself today!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Same here! might read some ghost stories!

I usually have one or two books on the go but nothing at the minute.
    Boredom awaits :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Rant alert ......
    Grrrrrr how come when a man ( my husband) gets “flu” they expect you to be all running around them but when I’m sick with chills temp and arthritis flare I get no sympathy?????? Grrrrr

(No offence to men on this forum lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Rant alert ......
    Grrrrrr how come when a man ( my husband) gets “flu” they expect you to be all running around them but when I’m sick with chills temp and arthritis flare I get no sympathy?????? Grrrrr

No, you're right..
    They're all d*cks :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Trying to light a fire that hasn’t been in use for yonks - God knows what’s up the chimney ... fingers crossed it gets going soon! #péigwouldknowwhattodo

I'd say Shirley Manson of Garbage is absolutely delighted with herself today!

Ok , I haven't a clue?

Honeybear , fingers crossed here for you , it'll be lovely for you , the first fire in your new home !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Honeybear , fingers crossed here for you , it'll be lovely for you , the first fire in your new home !

Thanks Mam! Definitely gives meaning to the word “housewarming”!

@HB Kevin would run a chimney sweep brush up it first

@Sky inflammatory arthritis ? its an absolute divil. Have you gone consultant side with it ?

( I do RA )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    Thanks Mam! Definitely gives meaning to the word “housewarming”!

Why don't you give your favourite man a call honeybear.....I'm sure he'd clean it for ya 😛😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Holy smokes!. :pac:

Having a few bottles of Guinness, gonna root out some iron maiden... I don't even like metal but holy smoke is one of the best videos ever made.

0lddog wrote: »
    @HB Kevin would run a chimney sweep brush up it first

@Sky inflammatory arthritis ? its an absolute divil. Have you gone consultant side with it ?

Yeah inflammatory arthritis I’m crippled at the moment:( only recently got a diagnosis tho seen consultant at last after waiting so long

Go on strike when it flares ( not joking )

I took pictures of flares. It helped my case as bloods indicated nothing wrong with dog

TVside - Rick Stein in Cork ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

0lddog wrote: »
    Go on strike when it flares ( not joking )

I took pictures of flares. It helped my case as bloods indicated nothing wrong with dog

TVside - Rick Stein in Cork ! :)

What channel?

What channel?

Food Network ( must be V old - just had a few words from a not very old Myrtle Allen ... Credits showed © 2000 )

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Tuned in for second half thanks:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Rant alert ......

Offence taken. I'm a feckin great hubby.:D
    Ok , I haven't a clue?

Pour your misery down is a song by the band Garbage. So it must be a post relating to rain.:D

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »

:) sorry grandeeod

Pour your misery down is a song by the band Garbage. So it must be a post relating to rain.:D

Than you , I hadn't a clue what it was in reference to !

ETA,
    Watching Crime and Punishment on Ch.4 , don't know if anyone else watches it here ?

:) sorry grandeeod

Ah stop Sky. Genuinely I am a great hubby in a lot of ways and sometimes feel like an Alien! Mrs G will admit I am in terms of cooking and looking after her when she's low. Ya gotta do these things. Have friends who's wives are often in our house moaning to Mrs G about the hubbies. I stay quiet and out of it. Probably why they aren't let out for Wednesday night beers.:D

Than you , I hadn't a clue what it was in reference to !

ETA,
    Watching Crime and Punishment on Ch.4 , don't know if anyone else watches it here ?

I watch very little TV anymore Mam. Stuck in front of screens with work, so not bothered. But me and Mrs G still watch Fair City, usually on Record the morning after. I reckon if we recorded our reaction, it would be a winning youtube page.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Ok , I haven't a clue?

Grandeeod wrote:
    Pour your misery down is a song by the band Garbage. So it must be a post relating to rain.

It's called I'm only happy when it rains G :pac: but those lyrics are in it alright

It's called I'm only happy when it rains G :pac: but those lyrics are in it alright

Yep you're spot on with the title, but I can't forget the lyric. :D Shirley Manson was a brief fave of mine in the 90s. A fave Bond tune of mine as well. Gonna play it now and in private.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I feel like I’m in hotel California, checked in but can’t leave.. really doesn’t help that there is an Irish bar connected to the other end of this building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Tableside going through a bit of extra work for tomorrow which came up last minute, should have have turned off my phone when I was out the door:(
    Be finished shortly and then hitting the hay, so night all and hope ye all had a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭thomil

Made it home. Stayed at work longer to prepare a couple of crucial presentations for tomorrow, only to have them postponed just after I finished them :mad: [Insert Strong Language Here]

Way home wasn't the most pleasant today either. Had to wait for a pilot boat to come alongside and a buoy tender to finish marking out the channel ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I didn't get the reference until G gave more detail.... Now I'm going to sleep with earworm... Lovely :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement